• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP and Google Issue Recall on all HP Chromebook 11 Chargers

Google and HP, together with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission have today announced a recall plan targeting the charger bundled with the HP Chromebook 11. One month ago the two tech giants stopped selling the Chromebook after getting reports that the charger would overheat and melt, thus posing a fire and burn hazard. To date the companies know of one person who suffered minor burns from a faulty charger.

People who purchased the HP Chromebook 11 are advised to stop using the charger and contact Google for a free replacement. In all there are some 145,000 units that will need to be replaced. For more info check out this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

You'd think by now with all of the battery charger issues HP and others have experienced that they would understand that saving 3 cents per charger may not be such a great idea when you have to recall all of them and replace them plus deal with the aftermath.

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
You'd think by now with all of the battery charger issues HP and others have experienced that they would understand that saving 3 cents per charger may not be such a great idea when you have to recall all of them and replace them plus deal with the aftermath.

first sensible post I've read from Jorge since.. ever, I'll drink to that!