• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alienware and Valve Revolutionize PC Gaming with Alienware Steam Machine

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Alienware, a pioneer in specialty high-performance PC gaming systems, is once again driving innovation in PC gaming. Alienware and Valve, the developers of the world's largest online gaming platform and the creators of the Half-Life franchise, have been collaborating on designing the first dedicated Alienware Steam Machine gaming console.

Alienware designed its upcoming Steam Machine to deliver the benefits of PC gaming in an incredibly small footprint, providing the best balance between size, performance and aesthetics for the living room gaming experience. Its sleek design is both distinctively Alienware yet unobtrusive in a media cabinet. The Alienware Steam Machine echoes the build quality and advanced engineering that are the hallmarks of the brand including a custom-built chassis to provide optimal thermal and acoustic management for a gaming console destined for the living room.

"With the introduction of the X51 system nearly two years ago, Alienware kicked off an evolution of small form factor PC gaming systems designed for every living area," said Frank Azor, Co-Founder and General Manager of Alienware. "When Valve and Alienware began collaborating on our vision for a PC gaming console several years ago we could clearly see we were on to revolutionizing PC Gaming forever."

Since Alienware began pre-installing Steam on systems four years ago, Alienware has had the unique opportunity to work closely with Valve on multiple fronts.

"We have been working with Alienware since we began defining our vision of the Steam Machine. Alienware's historic commitment to gaming, their design and engineering capabilities and their global reach made them an ideal partner for us on our Steam Machine project," said Gabe Newell, Founder of Valve. "The result of our collaboration is the Alienware Steam Machine, a console that encapsulates the full potential of what a Steam Machine should be."

In addition to the Alienware Steam Machine PC gaming console, the Alienware X51 desktop will be available as a Steam Machine in 2014. By offering the Steam Machine edition of the X51, gamers will be able to choose between form factors, depending on which suits their needs better.

Availability
The Alienware Steam Machine and X51 Steam Machine edition are scheduled to launch in late 2014. Specific availability and pricing will be announced closer to the launch date. Make sure to watch for more details about the Alienware Steam Machine throughout the year.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
we know the ibuypower steam system will be $499 and claim to run games at 60 fps, so why would someone want this? i'm sure just because the name it'll cost more.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
we know the ibuypower steam system will be $499 and claim to run games at 60 fps, so why would someone want this? i'm sure just because the name it'll cost more.

Because it looks amazing and has substantially better hardware? Valve has said from the initial announcement of Steam Machines that they weren't just making a single model and offering it up to different OEMs. They were working with them and hardware manufacturers to offer diversity within the platform as well as different performance tiers. People keep thinking Steam Machines are following the model of Gaming Consoles entirely, but they aren't.

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Because it looks amazing and has substantially better hardware? Valve has said from the initial announcement of Steam Machines that they weren't just making a single model and offering it up to different OEMs. They were working with them and hardware manufacturers to offer diversity within the platform as well as different performance tiers. People keep thinking Steam Machines are following the model of Gaming Consoles entirely, but they aren't.

first they need to release the hardware details then I'll decide if its worth the price.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
first they need to release the hardware details then I'll decide if its worth the price.

Assuming you're an enthusiast odds are nothing could get you to buy a Steam Machine--you're not exactly the target demographic.

System Name Biostar
Processor Intel i5 3470
Motherboard BIOSTAR TZ77A
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 3.5GB + 512MB of very slow.
Storage 1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB / 2x Segate Barracuda 7200.10 250 GB
Display(s) HP 2009m
Case Thermaltake Versa H22
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Thermaltake SP-650P 650Watt.
Mouse Logitech M185
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 64
Benchmark Scores Why waste my hardware and wear it out for a stupid score similar to everyone else's?

System Name Biostar
Processor Intel i5 3470
Motherboard BIOSTAR TZ77A
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 3.5GB + 512MB of very slow.
Storage 1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB / 2x Segate Barracuda 7200.10 250 GB
Display(s) HP 2009m
Case Thermaltake Versa H22
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Thermaltake SP-650P 650Watt.
Mouse Logitech M185
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 64
Benchmark Scores Why waste my hardware and wear it out for a stupid score similar to everyone else's?
How does it magically have better hardware? Are you claiming iPower makes their own? Anyone building a gaming pc regardless of a company or the average geek, He or She only has the choice of Intel, AMD, Nvidia! So the steam machine is going have either AMD/Nvidia for it's GPU, Or Intel or AMD for it's CPU! So no! Your not getting anything special buying overpriced pre-assembled junk! Your just throwing your money away for a brand name! When you could build a system twice as powerful for the same price!

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals