• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock First to Support AMD AMP 2400 MHz+ with FM2A88X Extreme6+ & FM2A88X-ITX+

Breaking news today, ASRock is officially the world's first motherboard manufacturer to support AMD 2400MHz+ AMP (AMD Memory Profile)! To be even more specific, two of ASRock's FM2+ motherboards both FM2A88X Extreme6+ and FM2A88X-ITX+ have passed the tests and obtained "AMP 2400 Ready" logos! Moreover, ASRock proudly announces that all of their FM2+ Series motherboards will soon support the new AMP 2400 standard.

Who would ever think that overclocking the system's memory could become so easy? With AMD's latest AMP 2400 and a couple of memory modules that support these technologies, users may simply choose their own desired memory frequency in ASRock UEFI Utility and lay back to enjoy the results!

ASRock always tries its best to be fair and take care after all kinds of end-users, such as covering overclocking features for computer enthusiasts and rookies at the same time. If you were planning to build an almighty AMD rig, then ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ will probably satisfy your need for power. Boasting all gold capacitors, Digi Power, 8+2 power phase design, Home Cloud and Purity Sound, there's simply no other option that meets its excellence. Or perhaps you were seeking for something sleek and convenient, then look no further than FM2A88X-ITX+. The onboard mSATA/eSATA combo and 802.11n WiFi guarantees that this motherboard is going to be an awesome home theater rig!

For more information, please check:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X%20Extreme6+/
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X-ITX+/

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Since on an APU there's virtually no tangible system performance gain above ~2133 MHz. the use of higher frequency RAM is just a waste of money. The mobo is probably high quality though.

System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
Since on an APU there's virtually no tangible system performance gain above ~2133 MHz. the use of higher frequency RAM is just a waste of money. The mobo is probably high quality though.

I get plenty more performance on my 760K by tuning my memory over 2400MHz, especially when it comes to minimum FPS in games. Maybe you just aren't doing it right.

I get plenty more performance on my 760K by tuning my memory over 2400MHz, especially when it comes to minimum FPS in games. Maybe you just aren't doing it right.
What do you understand by plenty ? 1-2 frames ? 10-20 frames ?

System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
What do you understand by plenty ? 1-2 frames ? 10-20 frames ?

Every frame is significant when it comes to minimum FPS. A couple FPS can mean the difference between CPU bound area of a game being fluid or frozen. Memory tuning can especially help AMD CPUs as they are weak to begin with and ever little bit helps alleviate bottleneck.

System Name Purity Control
Processor Intel i5 2500
Motherboard ASRock H61 Pro BTC
Cooling Grand Kama Cross 2
Memory 8 GB Corsair XMS 3 1333 Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 750 Ti Storm X OC
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Westen Digital Black 500 GB
Display(s) Asus VX239H-W 24 inch
Case Bitfenix NEOS (All white)
Audio Device(s) Integrated (VIA® VT1705 Audio Codec)
Power Supply Corsair CX 430
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Just difficult to find AMP memory. Luckily most FM2+ boards now support XMP.