• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CRYORIG R1 Ultimate CPU Cooler, XF140 and XT140 Fans Go On Sale

PC peripherals new comer CRYORIG's first products, the R1 Ultimate high-end CPU cooler and XF140, XT140 system fans are available now in Japan and Korea. And to celebrate the launch of the brand, CRYORIG is providing one free XF140 140 mm PWM fan upon purchases of the R1 Ultimate for limited time and quantity.

The CRYORIG R1 Ultimate is the accumulation of years of research and design. Integrating multiple manufacturing and design patents, the CRYORIG R1 Ultimate is jam packed with multiple one of a kind features. The long list of features include our patented DirectCompress full contact soldering process, Jet Fin Acceleration System, Heatpipe Convex-Align and Displacement Optimization Systems. Featuring two XF140 PWM fans, and with the upgradability to go with three fans. Also offering one of the industry's longest, 6 year warranty upon product registration.

For a limited time and quantity only, CRYORIG has upped the ante in including a FREE additional XF140 upon R1 Ultimate purchases. Please double check with your E-tailer or retail of choice to check if the free XF140 bundle is still in stock.

First to launch in Korea by DAEYANG IT and Dirac Co., Ltd. Japan, CRYORIG is set to launch next in Germany, Taiwan and the United States.

www.cryorig.com/buy.php

www.cryorig.com/r1-ultimate.php
www.cryorig.com/xf140.php
www.cryorig.com/xt140.php

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The prblem is they need more fans and bigger fans. I'd say 6x 300mm fans should be the very minimal cooling for a desktop PC. For the serious OC'er a jet engine should be the minimum airflow device. /sarcasm.

System Name Purity Control
Processor Intel i5 2500
Motherboard ASRock H61 Pro BTC
Cooling Grand Kama Cross 2
Memory 8 GB Corsair XMS 3 1333 Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 750 Ti Storm X OC
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Westen Digital Black 500 GB
Display(s) Asus VX239H-W 24 inch
Case Bitfenix NEOS (All white)
Audio Device(s) Integrated (VIA® VT1705 Audio Codec)
Power Supply Corsair CX 430
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
They need more sizes and not just 14 cm. Really need a 12 cm, 8 cm and 20 cm fan to have a complete range. Also there is no indication if this fan is static pressure optimized or air flow optimized. So these guys have a bit to go yet.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Love how they make it all cool with fans and gizmos. Hey look at us, we got more fans, we're better!

Yeah...visit them a few months down the line, fans totally caked with dirt, fins clogged, end user cursing the day they bought it because they have to constantly clean them to get the functionality they had when they bought it.

Solve for me this! A HSF that doesn't get clogged with dirt, blades that don't get caked, and the simplicity of cleaning it if it got dirty. Then slap an "ultimate" sticker on it and you can take my money.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Love how they make it all cool with fans and gizmos. Hey look at us, we got more fans, we're better!

Yeah...visit them a few months down the line, fans totally caked with dirt, fins clogged, end user cursing the day they bought it because they have to constantly clean them to get the functionality they had when they bought it.

Solve for me this! A HSF that doesn't get clogged with dirt, blades that don't get caked, and the simplicity of cleaning it if it got dirty. Then slap an "ultimate" sticker on it and you can take my money.

a little bit of an exaggeration? I understand that fans get a thin layer of dust over the fins - the amount of dust caked on heatsinks can vary, but even if you spend 30mins or 1hr a month just hoovering your room and doing a little bit of cleaning then you could pretty much go on forever without having to worry about the build up of dust inside your PC case. I dont open my case that often once i got it set up - Once every 6 months or so I strip the graphic cards and fans and AIO cooler out and give it a blast of compressed air and small wipe down of the fans to clean the dust off. the 180mm at the top of my case is harder to move and i have NEVER removed it once installed - I can see a little dust stuck onto the fins but nothing that causes any serious concern.

Dont like dust? then go live in a lab where all the dirt and any contaminants in the air are filtered out before being pumped into the room

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
Depends on where people live. If you live in front of busy street with natural ventilation, the dust tends to accumulate very fast. If you live in nice apartment, the dust probably very minimal.

Dust will always be a factor in electronics in general not just PC's and definitely not limited to air based coolers. Keeping your gadgets clean is more of a personal habit kind of thing than some kind of design flaw. Unless you're going for a submerged mineral oil system, you're going to get dust inside your system no matter what. And if you don't clean your PC every now and then, even radiators for water based cooling will be effected.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Depends on where people live. If you live in front of busy street with natural ventilation, the dust tends to accumulate very fast. If you live in nice apartment, the dust probably very minimal.

Southern Cali so, yeah, its dirty and dry and dusty. Old house with lots of air leaks.

I clean my filters and within 3 days they are in need of cleaning again. About a week, caked. Insides, they take a little longer to get caked but I just today I Macgyver'd an old case fan into one of my 460s that had a bad fan. At least till I can get it replaced. Had cleaned about less than a month prior. Everything had a good film of dust on it. Some of the internal fans already showing some caking.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I'll second that. My NH-D14 might be a fabulous cooler, but it soon gets caked with dust, which looks ugly. I then have to remove the fans and try to suck out the dust from towers using the hoover (and clean the fans too of course).

Luckily, it takes an awful lot of dust to really impact its cooling efficiency.

System Name Game Raver
Processor Core i7-770K
Motherboard ASRock Z170A-X1
Cooling Coolermaster AIO
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage 1TB Crucial SSD. 4TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) AOC 1080p 144Hz
Case NZXT Phantom 410 /w/ Silverstone FN121P-BL fans
Audio Device(s) ASUS Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX760
When I look at the cooler, it is rather nice however I feel I will need more air cans a year for it. Just look at how confined the heatsink is.

My Zalman CNSPS12X serves me well enough.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
a little bit of an exaggeration? I understand that fans get a thin layer of dust over the fins - the amount of dust caked on heatsinks can vary, but even if you spend 30mins or 1hr a month just hoovering your room and doing a little bit of cleaning then you could pretty much go on forever without having to worry about the build up of dust inside your PC case. I dont open my case that often once i got it set up - Once every 6 months or so I strip the graphic cards and fans and AIO cooler out and give it a blast of compressed air and small wipe down of the fans to clean the dust off. the 180mm at the top of my case is harder to move and i have NEVER removed it once installed - I can see a little dust stuck onto the fins but nothing that causes any serious concern.

Dont like dust? then go live in a lab where all the dirt and any contaminants in the air are filtered out before being pumped into the room
I vacuum biweekly, and remove the dust from my pc's filters weekly because it starts to block airflow.