• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Westone Unveils UM Pro 50 IEMs

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Westone, the leader in high performance audio and in-ear monitoring technology, will be demonstrating the Signature Series UM Pro 50 for the first time at NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants trade show.) The UM Pro Series 50 is the first signature model of the acclaimed Westone UM Series. The Signature Series brings superior sound for the stage or studio. Each unit is individually handcrafted in Colorado Springs, USA. The UM Pro 50 is the first professional universal-fit headphone from Westone with five balanced armature drivers per unit, delivering reference level sound and isolation for the stage or studio.

The UM Pro 50 combines five balanced armature drivers with a sophisticated three-way passive crossover network, providing enhanced sonic detail and a frequency range that extend well beyond typical in-ear solutions. Like every UM Pro Series model, the UM Pro 50 features Westone's robust EPIC replaceable cable, constructed of high-flex, ultra-low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special aramid fiber, and braided for ultimate durability, acoustic transparency, and isolation from mechanical cable noise. The new audiophile connector makes this cable solution conveniently user-removable, upgradeable and replaceable with a number of new and current Westone cable solutions.

With Westone True-Fit technology, Westone combines 55 years of experience with in-ear applications that yield a low-profile, lightweight, universal earpiece which delivers maximum comfort and in-ear coupling for dynamic music monitoring. Each UM Pro 50 is meticulously built by a staff of dedicated artisans and lab technicians who ensure that every set of in-ear monitors exemplify the best in sound and fit available on the market today.

Westone UM Pro Series 50 features:
  • Designed with five balanced armature drivers and a three-way crossover, the UM Pro 50 is the pinnacle of design, comfort and fidelity.
  • Sensitivity: 115dB @ 1mW
  • Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20kHz
  • Impedance: 45 ohms @ 1KHz
  • EPIC replaceable cable with Up & Over cable routing helps prevent microphonics and keeps the earphone securely in place.
  • Patented STAR and True-Fit Tips come in multiple sizes and give a personalized fit ensuring the best comfort.
  • New audiophile connector guarantees interoperability with Westone's reflective Adventure Series Alpha (ADV) MFI cable, Android cable, and W-Series MFi cable.
  • Compatible with Westone's UM56 Custom Adapters, the perfect fit for a universal earphone. (Ear impressions are required. Additional charge: $149.00 silicone.)
"UM Pro 50 is the first product in our Signature Series that comprises the best of all the Westone products that we build. The UM Pro 50 features the most advanced drivers that we craft right now and are designed to be a great alternative to our ES5 customs," said John F. Lowrey, Vice President, Audio Group at Westone. "These are by far the best UM Series we have built with unmatched sound performance and great detail that musicians will love. Pure music defined."
UM Pro 50 is available with a MSRP of $699.99 through authorized dealers and e-retailers.

A portion of sales of the UM Pro 50 will be donated to Hearing Health Foundation as part of Westone's ongoing support of music, hearing protection and research.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Rainbow
Processor Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC
Cooling Corsair H115i, 2x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Memory G. Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity
Storage 2x Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | 2xHGST Deskstar 4TB 7.2K
Display(s) Samsung C27HG70
Case Xigmatek Aquila
Power Supply Seasonic 760W SS-760XP
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 4 trillion points in GmailMark, over 144 FPS 2K Facebook Scrolling (Extreme Quality preset)
"IEMs" caught my interest, but the Pro 30s are $400. I would expect these to be north of that.

It's definitely a kickass thing but

UM Pro 50 is available with a MSRP of $699.99 through authorized dealers and e-retailers
lol I mean seriously dafuq so expensive

It has the same driver setup as their ES5 customs and it uses very expensive custom balanced armatures from Knowles. Basically you get a set of really high end headphones which work with pretty much all sources out there and you can use them on the go. These can even be resold which the customs cannot. The price is reasonable and low compared to the new high-end universals from Shure for instance.

System Name Game Raver
Processor Core i7-770K
Motherboard ASRock Z170A-X1
Cooling Coolermaster AIO
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage 1TB Crucial SSD. 4TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) AOC 1080p 144Hz
Case NZXT Phantom 410 /w/ Silverstone FN121P-BL fans
Audio Device(s) ASUS Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Nice SNR. I Also like the build quality. :pimp: