• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Mantle Driver to Only Benefit Four GPUs Initially

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Honestly, reading this thread is ridiculous lol.

No good deed goes unpunished.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
You mean how the first one seemed to work fine for my 6870s? I think you're getting a little too into the discussion, Dave. ;)

Everyone is getting angry about something that AMD is releasing for free. You're not being forced to use it, you're not being hindered by it, so what's with all the hostility? It sounds like some people ran out of their anxiolytic or anti-depressant meds or something. Please, people, lets calm down a little bit. AMD has done much worse things than attempt to release Mantle.

At least give AMD the benefit of the doubt that they're trying to improve the experience with their cards hardware.
Hostility?

lulz.

I think you're blowing it out of proportion here. I game with an MSI GAMING GTX780, and have a single ASUS 7970 MATRIX that my memory review rig uses. Both are based on Intel.

So, does Mantle help me?

Personally, I've got not emotion involved in any of this, but I am curious as to what MANTLE actually represents, and how this "free" thing is an actual thing or just a marketing ruse by AMD to get AMD GPU buyer to stop using Intel chips so much ,and buy AMD CPUs, since that's the most common thing.

I mean, I have no problem playing BF4 on a single 7970 now...so this "free" stuff...uh...whut? It gives me more...what? I just simply don't have enough information to understand what AMD is doing, where they are headed, and why. This isn't me as an AMD user complaining...man, Intel sent me three 4960X CPUs. ASUS sent me a RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION. G.Skill sent me a 32 GB ram kit. MSI gave me a GTX780. Thermaltake is sending me a PSU. I'm working on getting other hardware. I ain't got nothing to complain about...except my confusion. I sold nearly all of my AMD cards, got most of my money back, too.

I want to know.. because I do reviews. CPU reviews, at times, too. So, I need to know this stuff, but AMD doesn't have a lot of info for me, if any, that provides something I can relate to the end user as a tangible benefit...as a feature that they should look for as reason to buy AMD products. I don't pay for hardware any more...so the standard "blah blah blah complaining fanboy blah blah blah blah" comments don't apply to me, personally. I just state the facts, as I understand them, because that's my job. :p

Last edited:
System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
How about users with 5000 or 6000 series?! Hmm? Both of those generations support Direct3D 11, but obviously Mantle is to good for them...

Don't forget the 4000 series too. They should support also Mantle, not to mention DirectX 11. Right?
Both 5000 and 6000 series are old cards. You can't expect everything new to be supported in old cards. And Mantle is NOT DirectX 11. The fact that they support DirectX 11 doesn't mean they are going to support Mantle.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Don't forget the 4000 series too. They should support also Mantle, not to mention DirectX 11. Right?
No.

Mantle is an API...a set of commands given to the GPU by the system, in order for the GPU to output a signal. It replaces DirectX, and uses different compression/algorithms etc, so this requires supporting "decoding" hardware on the GPU itself, which is present in GCN designs.

It provides a benefit, by both lowering CPU load, and limiting CPU-GPU communication bandwidth and time, allowing more commands to be sent to the GPU at once, eliminating bottlenecks in performance that are currently in place(on AMD CPUs).

System Name My Surround PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-F
Cooling Swiftech MCP35X / EK Quantum CPU / Alphacool GPU / XSPC 480mm w/ Corsair Fans
Memory 96GB (2 x 48 GB) G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X 24GB
Storage WD SN850 2TB, 2 x 512GB Samsung PM981a, 4 x 4TB HGST NAS HDD for Windows Storage Spaces
Display(s) 2 x Viotek GFI27QXA 27" 4K 120Hz + LG UH850 4K 60Hz + HMD
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Sony MDR-7506 / Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x 1 kW
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Corsair K100
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 Gb/s Fiber Network Card
You mean how the first one seemed to work fine for my 6870s? I think you're getting a little too into the discussion, Dave. ;)

Everyone is getting angry about something that AMD is releasing for free. You're not being forced to use it, you're not being hindered by it, so what's with all the hostility? It sounds like some people ran out of their anxiolytic or anti-depressant meds or something. Please, people, lets calm down a little bit. AMD has done much worse things than attempt to release Mantle.

I agree, releasing Mantle is not a bad thing, but to call it "free" to everyone is a bit questionable. The problem as I see it is that by marketing Mantle prior to release, AMD has encouraged people to buy its products with the expectation of these performance gains in the future. There are a number of people (especially the ones I have read from enthusiasts in these forums who play BF4) who bought AMD cards partially or completely because they expected the large performance improvements that AMD promises with Mantle. In that case, the new drivers are not "free" because they were an expectation with the purchase . AMD releasing the drivers is more like repaying a debt to those people.

System Name Desktop
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Asrock Z77
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory G Skill 8gb 1600 mhz X 2
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 7850 X 2
Storage 1 TB Velociraptor, 240GB 840 Samsung
Display(s) 27" Samsung LED X 2
Case Thermaltake V9
Power Supply Seasonic 620 W, CX600M on stand by
Software Win 8.1 64
Benchmark Scores Benches are silly
Oh I read the news, but it seems you do not understand it... ;)
GCN Cards are the ones from 7000 series and above. How about users with 5000 or 6000 series?! Hmm? Both of those generations support Direct3D 11, but obviously Mantle is to good for them...

Lol Prima,

You keep moving the goal posts. First, it only support a few cards. Then I proved that AMD supports all GCNs, which is 2 generations BTW. You are still unhappy. Now you want support for ALL cards? LMAO

It's not going to happen! Why?

1. Because 99% of the time those owners of cards 3+ generations old will not have a CPU bottleneck. Mantle would prove useless even if they support it.

2. AMD have publicly stated they are doing minimal to no driver improvement for the 5000 series. I am not sure on the 6000 series but it probably receives the same treatment right now. This is not a surprise as it is very old already. This is like asking NVDA to keep supporting the 9800GTX.

There's something that led me to believe that you are just finding more nonsense to bring up. Let me point this out to you. Mantle is a FREE download/upgrade for everyone except NVDA users. If you are going to complain about FREE, I can't imagine how you will react when you have to pay for a DLC.

The Von Matrices

The problem as I see it is that by marketing Mantle prior to release, AMD has encouraged people to buy its products with the expectation of these performance gains in the future
Are you serious? The point of any marketing is to buy their products. NVDA makes you believe that PhysX makes your gaming experience epic and throw out numbers that sounds like every developer is implementing PhysX. Intel marketing makes you believe that you can game just fine on their HD graphics.

As far as marketing goes, I see more marketing for Mantle from EA than AMD. AMD never pushed Mantle promise and my recent purchase of AMD cards did not have "WILL HAVE MANTLE IN THE FUTURE WITH 500% PERFORMANCE PROMISE" anywhere on the box or documentation.

I have no idea what you and Prima are talking about. These are the worst bashing of a free product I've ever seen. It doesn't affect your life if you don't have AMD cards. It only offer free performance if you own AMD cards. Something you never paid for in the first place when you went out and bought your cards. You guys need to breathe some fresh air.

Last edited:
System Name Headshot
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VI Hero ROG
Cooling Phanteks Glacier One 360 MPH
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 @ 3200 16-18-18-18-36
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Vega64 (Linux)/Gigabyte RX 6600 (Windows VM)
Storage Cruscial P5 1TB nVME, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TBx2 (Home/Data), 2TB Seagate (Games)
Display(s) 2x Acer 1080P 144HZ
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe White
Audio Device(s) Schiit Stack (Schiit Audio Modi 2 DAC + Magni 3 AMP + Loki)
Power Supply eVGA Supernova 1000 G2
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Arch Linux with Windows 10 Gaming VM
I agree, releasing Mantle is not a bad thing, but to call it "free" to everyone is a bit questionable. The problem as I see it is that by marketing Mantle prior to release, AMD has encouraged people to buy its products with the expectation of these performance gains in the future. There are a number of people (especially the ones I have read from enthusiasts in these forums who play BF4) who bought AMD cards partially or completely because they expected the large performance improvements that AMD promises with Mantle. In that case, the new drivers are not "free" because they were an expectation with the purchase . AMD releasing the drivers is more like repaying a debt to those people.

Couldn't have said it better myself

System Name Desktop
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Asrock Z77
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory G Skill 8gb 1600 mhz X 2
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 7850 X 2
Storage 1 TB Velociraptor, 240GB 840 Samsung
Display(s) 27" Samsung LED X 2
Case Thermaltake V9
Power Supply Seasonic 620 W, CX600M on stand by
Software Win 8.1 64
Benchmark Scores Benches are silly
Hostility?

lulz.

I think you're blowing it out of proportion here. I game with an MSI GAMING GTX780, and have a single ASUS 7970 MATRIX that my memory review rig uses. Both are based on Intel.

So, does Mantle help me?

Personally, I've got not emotion involved in any of this, but I am curious as to what MANTLE actually represents, and how this "free" thing is an actual thing or just a marketing ruse by AMD to get AMD GPU buyer to stop using Intel chips so much ,and buy AMD CPUs, since that's the most common thing.

I mean, I have no problem playing BF4 on a single 7970 now...so this "free" stuff...uh...whut? It gives me more...what? I just simply don't have enough information to understand what AMD is doing, where they are headed, and why. This isn't me as an AMD user complaining...man, Intel sent me three 4960X CPUs. ASUS sent me a RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION. G.Skill sent me a 32 GB ram kit. MSI gave me a GTX780. Thermaltake is sending me a PSU. I'm working on getting other hardware. I ain't got nothing to complain about...except my confusion. I sold nearly all of my AMD cards, got most of my money back, too.

I want to know.. because I do reviews. CPU reviews, at times, too. So, I need to know this stuff, but AMD doesn't have a lot of info for me, if any, that provides something I can relate to the end user as a tangible benefit...as a feature that they should look for as reason to buy AMD products. I don't pay for hardware any more...so the standard "blah blah blah complaining fanboy blah blah blah blah" comments don't apply to me, personally. I just state the facts, as I understand them, because that's my job. :p

Dave,

So what you are saying is that Mantle's improvement for you is minimal, probably 2-4% at best because your hardware is already near the max. That's great!

I have an idea for you. Pretend Mantle never existed. Life goes on as usual and you haven't lost anything lol. Seriously, your excuses are getting ridiculous.

AMD is not trying to get people to stop buying Intel chips or NVDA. Did you not read that it works on both Intel and AMD? You get the most benefit if there is a large performance delta between CPU and GPU based on game needs.

I don't understand why you are so mad? Is it because AMD didn't send you more free stuff or prelaunch info?

BTW it's great you get free hardware but nobody cares. Everyone gets perks depending on their jobs. I don't rant about my free car, phone, macbook and expense perks for my job.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Wrong. 4000 series does not support Direct3D 11. I was talking about 5,6,and 7 series because architecture is similar, they only got incremental performance that's it, nothing revolutionary.
You keep moving the goal posts. First, it only support a few cards. Then I proved that AMD supports all GCNs, which is 2 generations BTW. You are still unhappy. Now you want support for ALL cards? LMAO
No, I'm right on topic. You are not, you are just insulting me. And you are trolling also. I didn't say I want support for ALL the cards, but only for those with similar hardware like 5xxx series and above.
This is like asking NVDA to keep supporting the 9800GTX.
No, is like nVidia supporting 400 and 500 series on which the 5xxx and 6xxx series from AMD directly compete. And as far as I am aware they are keep providing updates and SLI profiles for those generations, while AMD.... oh well.
I have no idea what you and Prima are talking about.
Exactly, that's the problem. You have no ideea what are we talking about. :))
I'll give you a tip.
Is about AMD's promises and lies on how they were going to fix Frame Pacing, EyeFinity issues, Crossfire profiles and now the Mantle thingy. Thing is why I kinda stop believing their bs propaganda. That's all.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Dave,
I don't understand why you are so mad? Is it because AMD didn't send you more free stuff or prelaunch info?

:laugh:

I'm not mad...

Like, I see you trying to say that I'm mad, and how I feel is unjustified, but you're mis-interpreting how I feel.

Why would AMD send me hardware? Did they launch anything I'd be interested in reviewing?

Nope.

Do I do VGA reviews?

Nope?

Does AMD send me CPUs on launch?

Yep.

Do I get pre-release info?

Yep.

lulz.

I already have the hardware required to investigate Mantle. Well, I don't have a 7850K, but I have all the other AMD APUs, and I've told AMD I'm really only interested in Kabini, so that's no big deal. I'm just wondering which approach I should take in my testing, and how end users can do the same, and what realistic expectations I should have.

It's cool...free stuff...but what am I looking at?

I have high-end hardware for myself, but I review any products that show up on my doorstep, and have some A88X motherboards that fit with these new APUs here to review. Should Mantle be something buyers of such a board should take notice in? Why? Specifics....?

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Hostility?

lulz.

So, does Mantle help me?

I don't get it. You want specifics? It's in the OP, go here and you have benchmarks and everything. Will it relate to you with your Intel CPU and Nvidia card, in that rig? Not at the moment at least, iirc there has been talks about Mantle being made open. Will it benefit your Intel CPU and AMD GPU? Why I do believe it will, it might not be massive, but it'll do something (look at test case three for instance). You will download the drivers and check it out though, it's what you do. What do AMD want? You really don't know what they want? They want you to buy their hardware. That's what they do. Even if you're a reviewer (and are above us mere mortals :p) they still want you to buy their stuff, or at the very least give it a high score. Where are they headed? Increased market share is obviously the goal. How will they do that? The consoles, the APU's, GPU's and Mantle (I'm not touching the ARM Opterons and stuff because it's not exactly relevant in this discussion, and that is above me, and this probably is above me as well but blow that for a lark or some other cutesy expression), and from where I'm sitting it's looking pretty decent so far. They've got the consoles, the APU's are getting more capable, and they are getting even more capable with Mantle. Better performance for fewer moneys, or more performance for the same moneys.

I really don't understand what the problem is. Except Nvidia obviously, that is where the real questions are, and you are right we don't have enough data there, but ... the future is young, more data will happen.

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Mantle does these things over DX11:
  1. allows developers to push 10 times more draw calls to the GPU with the same CPU
  2. allows developers to blue screen the game, not only crash to desktop
The first one gets me much more dynamic objects on screen without fps drop, the second one worries me.

System Name -aLiEn beaTs-
Processor Intel i7 11700kf @ 5.055Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z490 Unify
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.skill Royal Silver 4400 cl17 @ 4403mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 980TI AMP!Omega Factory OC 1418MHz
Storage Intel SSD 330, Crucial SSD MX300 & MX500
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144HZ
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD @ 2.1 Bose acoustimass 5
Power Supply CoolerMaster 850W v2 gold atx 2.52
Mouse Razer viper 8k
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 11 Pro 21h2 64Bit
Benchmark Scores ► ♪♫♪♩♬♫♪♭
No, is like nVidia supporting 400 and 500 series on which the 5xxx and 6xxx series from AMD directly compete. And as far as I am aware they are keep providing updates and SLI profiles for those generations, while AMD.... oh well.

btw you know why, those AMD gpus are based on VLIW Architecture, something completely different to GCN. Nvidia 400 series and up are all based on very similar arch kinda like GCN is now, that's why they dont have any problems with it..

@cadaveca

um, its a free boost non the less, what's not to like

Btw dont you want better looking games (CGI gfx) in the future that can utilize extra power and not be bottlencked by dx api..?

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores

what about physx, gay-sync, shadow play ? even gay-sync will cost you more to gain on what we called with "maximum performance" (it's kinda meh.. ).

it's kinda funny and ironic...

System Name My Surround PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-F
Cooling Swiftech MCP35X / EK Quantum CPU / Alphacool GPU / XSPC 480mm w/ Corsair Fans
Memory 96GB (2 x 48 GB) G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X 24GB
Storage WD SN850 2TB, 2 x 512GB Samsung PM981a, 4 x 4TB HGST NAS HDD for Windows Storage Spaces
Display(s) 2 x Viotek GFI27QXA 27" 4K 120Hz + LG UH850 4K 60Hz + HMD
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Sony MDR-7506 / Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x 1 kW
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Corsair K100
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 Gb/s Fiber Network Card
what about physx, gay-sync, shadow play ? even gay-sync will cost you more to gain on what we called with "maximum performance" (it's kinda meh.. ).

it's kinda funny and ironic...

There's a fine line that needs to be straddled between generating hype and setting unrealistic expectations. I neither said nor meant to imply that this is exclusive to AMD. All companies have had their share of disappointments in products that were highly hyped. Look at the smartphone market, where intense hype means that manufacturers are expected to come out with revolutionary products every year (and can never meet expectations).

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Wrong. 4000 series does not support Direct3D 11. I was talking about 5,6,and 7 series because architecture is similar, they only got incremental performance that's it, nothing revolutionary.

You are wrong. The architecture is entirely different from the 7XXX series up. Go read more. VLIW5, VLIW4 VS GCN.

VLIW reached the end of its useful life and could not enable HSA without major additional hardware and a higher overhead. GCN is more suited to the current tasks and games.

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2Ghz - 5Ghz CPU
Motherboard MSI B650I Edge Wifi ITX Motherboard
Cooling CM 280mm AIO + 2x 120mm Slim fans
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 4060 8GB (Temporary Until Next Gen)
Storage Kingston KC3000 M.2 1TB + 2TB HDD
Display(s) Asus TUF 24Inch 165Hz || AOC 24Inch 180Hz
Case Cooler Master NR200P Max TG ITX Case
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply CoolerMaster V850 SFX Gold 850W PSU
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
The comments in this thread gave me a headache!o_O Lmao :clap: damn you ppl are unappreciative whiners :cry:, you're getting free performance but yet about 90% of still complain & argue with each other. :roll:

System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
The comments in this thread gave me a headache!o_O Lmao :clap: damn you ppl are unappreciative whiners :cry:, you're getting free performance but yet about 90% of still complain & argue with each other. :roll:

I'm not getting any. Do you think I did something wrong to deserve it?

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory G.Skill Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Video Card(s) 4x SAPPHIRE 100362BF4SR Radeon R9 290 unlocked to 290X
Storage 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB in raid0, 2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
Display(s) 3x Asus VS238H-P 23.0"
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply ENERMAX Maxrevo EMR1500EWT 1500W
Software Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)
I'm not getting any. Do you think I did something wrong to deserve it?

System Name: Dusty/Rusty
Processor: i5-2500K/E8400
Motherboard: ASRock P67Extreme4/ASRock 4core1600P35
Cooling: CM Hyper TX3/Intel stock
Memory: 4x2GB Kingston HyperX/2x2GB DDR2
Video Card(s): EVGA GTX570SC/Palit GTX560SE
Hard Disk(s): A few WD and lots of Samsungs
Optical Drive: LG/Asus
LCD/CRT Model: Samsung SyncMaster T220/Samsung 32" LCD TV
Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced/El Cheapo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Senn HD518/Sony SSB1000
Power Supply: Corsair TX650/Corsair TX650M
Software: Windows 7/Windows 8.1 Pro

Maybe you should contact Nvidia and ask why their 3+ year old products don't support a technology produced by their competitor? While you are at it, ask ASRock why your current boards haven't been updated to support USB 3.0...

System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
Maybe you should contact Nvidia and ask why their 3+ year old products don't support a technology produced by their competitor? While you are at it, ask ASRock why your current boards haven't been updated to support USB 3.0...

Well, from I gather neither AMDs very own 3+ year old products don't support a technology produced by themselves. You seem to know more about Asrock than they do. As a matter of fact they were so kind to bundle with that particular board an expansion slot with two additional USB 3.0. Two and a half years ago... That was plus what's on board.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
all this rage and no one is mad that the driver is still not out :laugh:

System Name EVGA-FX | Lenny (Lenovo Y480)
Processor AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz 1.416v | i7 3610qm
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 | 8gb DDR3 @ 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX780 Classified @ 1228MHz 1.615v | GT640m LE
Storage Crucial M500 480GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB, WD Scorpio Blue 750GB | Samsung 250GB 840
Display(s) Qnix QX2710 1440p | 42" Vizio 3D LCD TV 1080p
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo
Power Supply Seasonic G-650
Software Windows 6.3.9600
all this rage and no one is mad that the driver is still not out :laugh:

Seriously? All these articles and they haven't actually released the driver?

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory G.Skill Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Video Card(s) 4x SAPPHIRE 100362BF4SR Radeon R9 290 unlocked to 290X
Storage 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB in raid0, 2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
Display(s) 3x Asus VS238H-P 23.0"
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply ENERMAX Maxrevo EMR1500EWT 1500W
Software Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)
Well, from I gather neither AMDs very own 3+ year old products don't support a technology produced by themselves.

And this is some sort of revelation? Wasn't it made blatantly apparent that only GCN and latter GPUs would be compatible with the new API?

Really? The ASRock 4Core1600P35 has USB 3.0 support? It would be news to ASRock...