• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] WTB: 750+ watt PSU

Heatware
171 0 0
I'm looking to buy a decent quality 750w or better PSU, preferably something that will handle 3 video cards (so more than likely 800w+ if possible). I have no preference for modular or not, brand preference or whatnot, though I will be a little picky and say it has to be at least of reputable quality and not some off-brand junk name. Tall order here - I'm looking to stay as close to $50 as I can, since I know I can wait a little while for a newegg sale and pick up something decent in my price range for a 750w without much effort.

Heatware under SunnyD

Bot

Heatware
62 0 0
System Name BoTBlue
Processor Intel i7-3770
Motherboard Intel DQ77MK
Cooling Corsair H80
Memory Samsung 4x4Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 470
Storage OCZ Vertex LE
Display(s) Acer
Case AthenaTech
Power Supply Corsair 850w
Software Win 7 Pro x64
Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I'm looking to buy a decent quality 750w or better PSU, preferably something that will handle 3 video cards (so more than likely 800w+ if possible). I have no preference for modular or not, brand preference or whatnot, though I will be a little picky and say it has to be at least of reputable quality and not some off-brand junk name. Tall order here - I'm looking to stay as close to $50 as I can, since I know I can wait a little while for a newegg sale and pick up something decent in my price range for a 750w without much effort.

Heatware under SunnyD

A tall order is right. You won't find a good quality 750w PSU at $50. Unless it is used and from a forum member, it will be a challenge to say the least anyway.

I looked at a list of PSUs on Newegg from $50-$100 and 700w-900w, and not 1 of them fit your description of being able to run 3 video cards reliably. You have to look for minimum Gold/Platinum 850w/900w QUALITY PSU in order to do that. That will cost you at least $120 brand new.

Heatware
171 0 0
A tall order is right. You won't find a good quality 750w PSU at $50. Unless it is used and from a forum member, it will be a challenge to say the least anyway.

I looked at a list of PSUs on Newegg from $50-$100 and 700w-900w, and not 1 of them fit your description of being able to run 3 video cards reliably. You have to look for minimum Gold/Platinum 850w/900w QUALITY PSU in order to do that. That will cost you at least $120 brand new.

Which is exactly what I'm hoping for. This is the forums, people upgrade. Occasionally people might have a TX850 or a an "average" 1kw PSU that they're no longer using for a reasonable price. Also to point out for the record for prospective sellers, I said I'd like to stay as close to $50 as possible, but that doesn't rule out paying a bit more for the right PSU should it come along.

I can pick up a Corsair CX750 pretty much any day of the week for around $65 from newegg. Sure, that won't run multiple video cards reliably, but it would upgrade my home ESXi server box to handle multiple many drives for the NAS project I want to diddle around with. Only reason I haven't is that I prefer to put my money in the hands of other folks on the forums when I can rather than spending it retail. That and I'll be bluntly honest - if I can get a good deal on a previously loved piece of hardware, my wallet is happier especially with little mouths to feed in the house.

Heatware
171 0 0
Picked up a nice 700 watt that should work well for my server upgrade. Wouldn't mind finding a 850+ watt still for the other machine if one is hiding out there. :)