• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

SpunkyWhiteDog

What's on your Formatos Aceitos tab? I never looked at the last tab on my setup.
This... I was playing BF3 and I noticed that he was already with 5.1 audio. But I have a problem yet. Playing music on players like WMP is fine... But with YouTube videos (anyone), the sound is a little bad. PS: With BF3, too. I'm hearing the sound with a type of echo. It's like I'm in a arena, auditorium, something like that.

loanstar744

This... I was playing BF3 and I noticed that he was already with 5.1 audio. But I have a problem yet. Playing music on players like WMP is fine... But with YouTube videos (anyone), the sound is a little bad. PS: With BF3, too. I'm hearing the sound with a type of echo. It's like I'm in a arena, auditorium, something like that.
Does your receiver have a DSP (Digital Sound Processing) board or feature? Both of my Yamaha do and it adds features like reverb to digital or analog audio and produces what sounds like a short lived echo, I find it highly annoying and listen to everything STRAIGHT because if something is meant to have reverberation or echoing it will and it can really screw with you in games like BF3 when in Metro because it makes enemies sound like their in a completely different spot to you because of the echoing.

SpunkyWhiteDog

Does your receiver have a DSP (Digital Sound Processing) board or feature? Both of my Yamaha do and it adds features like reverb to digital or analog audio and produces what sounds like a short lived echo, I find it highly annoying and listen to everything STRAIGHT because if something is meant to have reverberation or echoing it will and it can really screw with you in games like BF3 when in Metro because it makes enemies sound like their in a completely different spot to you because of the echoing.
Nope. It's like that... Like a short lived echo, indeed. I don't know what to do. I guess I will have to buy some sound card with DDL :/

loanstar744

Nope. It's like that... Like a short lived echo, indeed. I don't know what to do. I guess I will have to buy some sound card with DDL :/
Just get a cheap one, most sound cards are kinda gimmicky and just cost more because they use certain features like headphone amplifying which is only good for extremely pricey headphones like Audio Technica's. I would recommend a cheap Sound Blaster although their drivers are pretty crappy, that or a cheap ASUS one with Optical and 6CH analog surround. Also, do you have room correction enabled on your Realtek Sound Manager? That allows you to adjust the latency and volume of each speaker individually. Could be getting a latency echo from the front to the rear.

EDIT: I recommend these two sound cards: Cheap but amazing ASUS: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-XONAR-Headphone-Audio-Card/dp/B0045JHJSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390430115&sr=8-1&keywords=Sound Card

Cheap, slightly more expensive but great Sound Blaster: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Beamforming-Microphone-SB1500/dp/B009ISU33E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390430115&sr=8-2&keywords=Sound Card

Do not get the Sound Blaster with the control module, most people say the module has issues and it picks up interference and distortion like crazy, almost like it's not even shielded so it's worthless.

Double EDIT: Just get the ASUS, it's higher quality and way cheaper unless you want your sound card to be flashy looking and pay more for it besides the extra optical in input of the Creative card. That "shielding" on the Creative does absolutely nothing, it's just for looks.

Triple EDIT: The ASUS also takes up a lot less room, so if you have a video card that will sit next to it no problem.

Quadruple EDIT: Forgot to mention, Creative cards require you to purchase a license for DTS and DDL, ASUS I believe they come with the drivers, no issues. ASUS also doesn't have driver issues like Creative.

Last edited:
It works for me with ALC889 @ GA-Z68XP-UD3 :)

Unlocked options:
- Dolby Digital Live
- DTS Interactive 5.1 optical !! (better than Dolby - at least for me)
- Dolby Home Theater

Downloads:
Realtek_DTS_DDL_modded_driver.rar
mirror1: http://sdrv.ms/190JaTX
mirror2: http://empire.ispeeds.net/~delphi/realtek_DTS_DDL_modded_driver.rar
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 32 bit and 64 bit - R2.71 M1:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m59vre
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/34731542/file.html

Installation:
copy RtkAPO64.dll C:\Windows\System32\RtkAPO64.dll.mod
copy RTKVHD64.sys C:\Windows\System32\RTKVHD64.sys

And/or run 03_start.bat - (1-2x repeat if no success)
Code:
taskkill /f /im RAVCpl64.exe
copy RtkAPO64.dll C:\Windows\System32\RtkAPO64.dll.mod
copy RTKVHD64.sys C:\Windows\System32\RTKVHD64.sys
ren C:\Windows\System32\RtkAPO64.dll RtkAPO64.dll.org
ren C:\Windows\System32\RtkAPO64.dll.mod RtkAPO64.dll
net stop audiosrv
net stop AudioEndpointBuilder
net start AudioEndpointBuilder
net start audiosrv
CD /D "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA"
start RAVCpl64.exe -s
Also I tried out other files from:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6D9572C7052312C2&id=6D9572C7052312C2!218
Install:
Realtek HD v2.67 [MOD Gamespirit][Win7 x64]_Sonic_Generations_Fix and
Creative X-FI MB 2012 Integrado Gamespirit
- With these drivers I get more features like: Sonic Focus* - Dolby * - DTS * - X-Fi MB (EAX ** - CMSS3D - Crystalizer - SVM - EQ) - THX ProStudio ** ETC
But only stereo linear output options are available, no digital/optical 5.1 output options :( *- tried all versions but no success..

(DTS 5.1 digital - must have, Sonic Focus Bass Rocks, CMSS3D - must have for games/headphones)

? Is there a way to enable 5.1 digital/optical output with: DTS 5.1* - Sonic Focus* - X-Fi MB CMSS3D* ? Anyone got ideas ??

Last edited:

e-ghost

Thanks to this amazing driver and now I can enable Dead Space 2 in 5.1ch sound effect (by optical TOSLINK).
However I was just wondering, can this encoded DDL/DTS-C signal output through GTX470 by HDMI as well?
(or GTX470 will automatically output 5.1ch LPCM through HDMI without encoding to DDL/DTS-C, if it can
detect the AV amp is 5.1/7.1 capble?)

Thanks a lot~

loanstar744

Thanks to this amazing driver and now I can enable Dead Space 2 in 5.1ch sound effect (by optical TOSLINK).
However I was just wondering, can this encoded DDL/DTS-C signal output through GTX470 by HDMI as well?
(or GTX470 will automatically output 5.1ch LPCM through HDMI without encoding to DDL/DTS-C, if it can

Thanks a lot~
Well I know when it comes to consoles they use compressed audio so it gets sent through HDMI as DD or DTS and the receiver will still decode it as such. On PC since HDMI is lossless up to 7.2 it's hard to know for sure if it uses DD or DTS or if it's just like 6CH analog and requires no decoding, I'm assuming it doesn't require any decoding since it's lossless over HDMI. I'm not sure if your GTX470 supports surround sound over HDMI as in my experience most Nvidia cards required the internal SPDIF cable of your sound card to bridge with the plugin on the Nvidia GPU to produce surround sound over HDMI. Check your exact specs of your GPU on the manufacturer website, it should say, my 6870 supports 7.2 over HDMI naturally because it has a built in sound processor like most newer GPU's.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Thanks a lot~

GTX 470 doesn't support DDL or DTS-C.

Within Windows enable 5.1 in the audio properties, then within the AV receiver's configuration have to enable "multi channel". It can be called slightly different things depending on the receiver. Then if a game is detected to have five audio channels it will give you Multi Channel PCM through HDMI.

Well I know when it comes to consoles they use compressed audio so it gets sent through HDMI as DD or DTS and the receiver will still decode it as such. On PC since HDMI is lossless up to 7.2 it's hard to know for sure if it uses DD or DTS or if it's just like 6CH analog and requires no decoding, I'm assuming it doesn't require any decoding since it's lossless over HDMI. I'm not sure if your GTX470 supports surround sound over HDMI as in my experience most Nvidia cards required the internal SPDIF cable of your sound card to bridge with the plugin on the Nvidia GPU to produce surround sound over HDMI. Check your exact specs of your GPU on the manufacturer website, it should say, my 6870 supports 7.2 over HDMI naturally because it has a built in sound processor like most newer GPU's.

DDL via optical or HDMI makes no difference because the audio in PC games are usually stored as MP3s, so its low quality and compressed anyways. If you want true lossless audio the play back a blu ray movie. As the audio source is typically uncompressed.

Last edited:

loanstar744

GTX 470 doesn't support DDL or DTS-C.

Within Windows enable 5.1 in the audio properties, then within the AV receiver's configuration have to enable "multi channel". It can be called slightly different things depending on the receiver. Then if a game is detected to have five audio channels it will give you Multi Channel PCM through HDMI.

DDL via optical or HDMI makes no difference because the audio in PC games are usually stored as MP3s, so its low quality and compressed anyways. If you want true lossless audio the play back a blu ray movie. As the audio source is typically uncompressed.

Multi Channel on most AV receivers I've used don't say or use a multi channel option on HDMI, it just does it and says if it's 5.1 or 7.1/2, on a console it says whether it uses DTS or Dolby Digital even through HDMI because that's the way their setup on consoles, they still use either of those at least through my experience with the Xbox 360 and PS3. Well I didn't mean the files weren't compressed since most audio files on PC games are compressed .ogg files, typically, unless it's using RAD Tools for it's audio which is a proprietary compressed MP3 file format. I meant that on consoles the audio is setup to be DTS and DD friendly and compresses and encodes the files before output to the receiver which is what DTSC and DDL does as well.

Also, unless his HDMI goes right to his receiver Windows won't give him a 5.1 option if his HDMI goes to his TV unless his TV supports an audio pass-through channel for HDMI or has an optical or coaxial out. He can check his supported modes by right click the speaker icon in his task tray> Playback Devices> Right Click HDMI Source> Properties> Supported Formats and it'll say how many channels and what sample rates are supported by the devices plugged into the HDMI port and whatever encoding techniques it also supports. But basically, plug it straight into your receiver and test and check what modes and channels are available, that'll tell your right away if your GTX supports so and so over HDMI.

guillaume.voyau

Trying it on an integrated Realtek ALC888 from a Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L motherboard to upmix stereo to 5.1 : not working :(
After using modded drivers, I can enable DTS or DDL output format, but there is no output sound.
Music player (Windows media player for example) can't play any music file : i've got an error.
If I disable DTS / DDL = return to stereo output format, everything works well.
I can play a DTS/DD source (dvd for example) passing signal throught SPDIF, my amplifier detect and decode the signal very well.

Durvelle27

Staff member
System Name Black Prometheus
Processor |AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard ASRock B550M Pro4|MSI X370 Gaming PLUS
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE | AMD Stock Cooler
Memory G.Skill 64GB(2x32GB) 3200MHz | 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) |AMD R9 290
Storage Sandisk X300 512GB + WD Black 6TB+WD Black 6TB
Display(s) LG Nanocell85 49" 4K 120Hz + ACER AOPEN 34" 3440x1440 144Hz
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55 V3 w/ 6x120mm Intake + 3x120mm Exhaust
Audio Device(s) LG Dolby Atmos 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RMX850 Fully Modular| EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Software Windows 10 EDU x64
Hopefully this works on my ASUS Z87-A

Heey, Could You please upload R2.73 modded driver ? Anyone got this to work with games through optical on ALC898 (Rampage IV extreme)?

Update: The R2.72 works well with 2.72 DLL but older drivers have some issues with DPC latency especially when im OC'ed . Is it possible if You could make a .dll for latest R2.73 ? :)

I'm also in need for R2.73 modded drivers. Any chance someone could help? - Thanks!

Durvelle27

Staff member
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Does this work with Realtek ALC892

ser

Does this work with Realtek ALC892
For me it didn't. I tried 2.71 and 2.72(Win7 x64). After I replace the dll i have no sound, either from the Spdif/Opt Out or from the Analog. I have a GA-870A-UD3.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Durvelle27

Staff member
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
I got it to work on mines just fine. 5.1 surround over s/pdif using R2.72 on Windows 8.1 Pro

For me it didn't. I tried 2.71 and 2.72(Win7 x64). After I replace the dll i have no sound, either from the Spdif/Opt Out or from the Analog. I have a GA-870A-UD3.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.

DheJariaad

I just bought a new motherboard Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 (and other components too, actually the whole PC is new). One of the reasons to buy that was the information on the manufacturer's site: Asus says this motherboard has DTS Connect and DTS UltraPC II: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_EVO_R20/

I've been waiting these properties for years and at the purchase date it seemed that I would finally get them. The product came yesterday. I hooked up everything, installed Windows 7 and the audio drivers... but no DTS anywhere!?

I downloaded the drivers from Asus' site, then from Realtek's site (this has ALC892) and even tried the installation DVD that came with the motherboard. But no.. none of them made the DTS available.

I got the UltraPC work with my headphones when I "cheated" the drivers that I have connected stereo speakers. But still, not a sign of DTS in S/PDIF settings. I've tried to find those DTS Connect/Interactive settings for S/PDIF digital out from Realtek HD Audio driver and from the audio properties/manager of Windows but haven't found.

What should I have to do to make those work? Why it's so hard with DTS? Digital output (optical, toslink) is working well, just playing music through it atm. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit version, could the 64 bit be a problem?

toolo4sno

I'm not having any luck with these DD Live/DTS Connect driver mods. So far I've tried the R2.71 A1 and R2.72 A1 versions. I can get the test tones to output in both DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1, but not the test AC3 files (link in this thread somewhere). Also when I load the PC game I'm trying to get this to work for (Assetto Corsa); it pretty much locks up the program when I load a track or start a replay. My system specs are in my signature and the Realtek codec is ALC892. Audio driver (after R2.72 A1 attempt) is 6.0.1.6235.

I've tried to get the game to work on TOSLINK and COAX. Neither seem work correctly.

Last edited:
It's worked for me !!!

MotherBoard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Sound Chip: Realtek ALC898

What I did:
1. removed the driver.
2. reboot.
3. installed the driver R2.72.
4. reboot.
5. renamed the file RtkAPO64.dll to RtkAPO64.dll.bak. (PATH: "C:\Windows\System32").
6. reboot.

But I can't use DTS because I have Astro A50, Which support only DD

Sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

DheJariaad

I just bought a new motherboard Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 (and other components too, actually the whole PC is new). One of the reasons to buy that was the information on the manufacturer's site: Asus says this motherboard has DTS Connect and DTS UltraPC II: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_EVO_R20/

I've been waiting these properties for years and at the purchase date it seemed that I would finally get them. The product came yesterday. I hooked up everything, installed Windows 7 and the audio drivers... but no DTS anywhere!?

I downloaded the drivers from Asus' site, then from Realtek's site (this has ALC892) and even tried the installation DVD that came with the motherboard. But no.. none of them made the DTS available.

I got the UltraPC work with my headphones when I "cheated" the drivers that I have connected stereo speakers. But still, not a sign of DTS in S/PDIF settings. I've tried to find those DTS Connect/Interactive settings for S/PDIF digital out from Realtek HD Audio driver and from the audio properties/manager of Windows but haven't found.

What should I have to do to make those work? Why it's so hard with DTS? Digital output (optical, toslink) is working well, just playing music through it atm. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit version, could the 64 bit be a problem?

Asus said to me that the DTS Interactive works only through HDMI and that I have to change the S/PDIF setting in bios to HDMI. I doubt this because in my knowledge DTS Interactive encodes the audio into DTS 5.1, 48 khz, 1506 kbps and normal S/PDIF (coaxial or optical) can transmit that. My receiver only has optical and coaxial digital inputs (no HDMIs) so I can't even try that.

I'm really tired of this thing. Asus says on its' website that my motherboard has a native support for DTS Connect. So it should work with normal drivers. Seems to me they don't know a thing about the hardware they manufacture. Maybe this motherboard nowadays contains ALC892 and not the ALC892-DTS-CG (which is DTS compatible) due to saving in manufacturing costs... who knows... and it's impossible for customer to check it....

suj999

It seems this unlocked DLL does not work with the Realtek ALC1150 chip/codec. :(

I have a new AsRock FM2A88x-itx board and tried all the options. But like others with a ALC1150, can't get Dolby Digital Live working.

If anyone manage to find a working DLL please post an update here.

suj999

OK it does work r2.71

Was trying to change to DDL too early.

Sounds really good on games. But my mobo already had an option for DTS interactive, but this sounds better.. I think..

Last edited:

loanstar744

Asus said to me that the DTS Interactive works only through HDMI and that I have to change the S/PDIF setting in bios to HDMI. I doubt this because in my knowledge DTS Interactive encodes the audio into DTS 5.1, 48 khz, 1506 kbps and normal S/PDIF (coaxial or optical) can transmit that. My receiver only has optical and coaxial digital inputs (no HDMIs) so I can't even try that.

I'm really tired of this thing. Asus says on its' website that my motherboard has a native support for DTS Connect. So it should work with normal drivers. Seems to me they don't know a thing about the hardware they manufacture. Maybe this motherboard nowadays contains ALC892 and not the ALC892-DTS-CG (which is DTS compatible) due to saving in manufacturing costs... who knows... and it's impossible for customer to check it....
That sounds wrong because HDMI can support uncompressed 8 to 9 channels of audio and doesn't need to use DTS-C or DDL. I love ASUS but that sounds like a down right excuse on their part for lack of an answer.
Does the HDMI setting under the Realtek Audio Control Panel give you the option to enable DTS?