• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Intel 8 Series Motherboards Fully Support Next Generation Processors

MSI, world leader in motherboards, announces support for the, soon to be revealed, next generation Intel CPUs for all MSI motherboards sporting Intel 8 series chipsets. Saving MSI motherboard owners a lot of time and work, users can install the new Intel CPU with updating latest BIOS and start enjoying next generation performance straight away.

Multimedia user, Gamer or Overclocker, MSI 8 series motherboards offer unmatched performance
Inheriting years of building the best motherboards and closely working with world's best gamers, MSI has introduced the popular "GAMING" series. Collecting over 200 awards from worldwide media, equipped with the best audio solution called Audio Boost, Killer networking and other key gaming features, MSI GAMING series has set a new standard for gamers seeking the best performing motherboards.

For overclocking enthusiasts, MSI continued using the design standards which have passed the OC certified tests, creating the all new "Overclocking" series. This series made an incredible debut by setting the CPU frequency World Record at 7.14 GHz and is used by top overclockers around the world relying on nothing but the best.

MSI uses award-winning Military Class 4 components. Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. Hi-C CAPs, Solid CAPs, Dark CAPs, together with SFC and Dark Chokes, ensure your PC runs stable under extreme conditions. These key components have all passed military testing ensuring stable operation in the harshest environments. The core of Military Class 4 is based on the essential elements which increase your stability in the worst conditions, featuring humidity protection, high temperature protection, EMI protection and ESD protection.

In addition, MSI 8 series motherboards are also equipped with many exclusive new technologies, including the one-second overclocking OC Genie 4, the world's first graphical controlled interface Click BIOS 4 and the Command Center software that combines features such as monitoring, tuning and controlling of your hardware. The unprecedented level of flexibility and control offered in MSI's unique hard- and software design puts you in the driving seat of your motherboards configuration.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
I assume they're talking about Haswell refresh? It would be bad if it weren't compatible. 9 series boards are only a couple of months away too.., but I'll probably keep my 4770K/Z87 and then jump back on Haswell -E, gotta have that mother yaaarrr DDR4!!

I hope you get paid for posts like these :D

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
only if we look at them ^.^

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Yea Skylake is first what worth upgrading from Intel mainstream, before that I think only minor improvements.
But I will upgrade on Haswell-E, off course not immediately first week... after 2-3 months.

System Name [WIP]
Processor Intel Pentium G3420 [i7-4790K SOON(tm)]
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Cooling [Corsair H100i]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB-2400-CL10 DDR3
Video Card(s) [MSI AMD Radeon R9-290 Gaming]
Storage Seagate 2TB Desktop SSHD / [Samsung 256GB 840 PRO]
Display(s) [BenQ XL2420Z]
Case [Corsair Obsidian 750D]
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro / Linux Mint 15 / SteamOS
I don't really get what they mean... next generation as in i5-4690K/i7-4790K?

Because I just bought a Z87-GD65 Gaming with (and soon a Pentium G3420... as I'm strapped for cash ATM and really need a rig up-and-running as soon as possible) with the sole purpose of being able to later buy a and upgrade to a i5 or i7 K from the Haswell refresh this year... If it also supports Broadwell-D/Broadwell-K then great as well, but that seems too far away and also, I don't like mixing older chipsets with newer processors if it gimps them in some way.

Something like a Z68 and a i7-2700K was an awesome combo awhile back, so I hope I can strike oil in that same fashion in the near future.

Anyway, PR wankery, but I'm guessing the CPU in the CPU-Z pic in the article is a i7-4790, right?