• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Launches CM Storm Alcor and Mizar Gaming Mice

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer unveils two new gaming mice that are throwbacks to a simpler time in gaming, but outfitted to withstand modern gaming needs. These new gaming mice are Alcor and Mizar.

Each with a design inspired by the essence of the earlier years of gaming, Alcor and Mizar meld a proven comfortable and classic design with technological improvements that match today's gaming scene. Alcor is fitted with the Avago 3090 optical sensor while Mizar utilizes the Avago 9800 laser sensor. Both sensors are tuned for gaming with high speed actions and very precise tracking. Combine this with a low weight of about 121 grams and unparalleled ergonomics both mice are perfect for gaming. The physical design and layout of both mice remain true to a classic, right-handed, and ergonomic feel while each button is intuitively placed to ensure quick setup and more comfortable long-term use.

The Alcor is the optical version of these two brothers and utilizes the Avago 3090 optical sensor. This sensor has a DPI range up to 4000 on four preset DPI levels. Switched between these DPI levels can be done on-the-fly conveniently and quickly to ensure that gamers don't interrupt their gaming and gain the competitive edge. The Alcor uses long life Omron switches to ensure that it will keep up with even the most rigorous and long fought battles. In addition, a multi-color LED illuminated CM Storm logo makes identifying the current DPI level an easy task.

The Mizar utilizes the Avago 9800 laser sensor with a DPI range up to 8200. Four convenient DPI levels can be easily accessed by two on-the-fly DPI adjustment buttons positioned for easy access near the scroll wheel. The Mizar features reinforced rubber side pads located on both sides to ensure extra grip for gamers during ultra high action gaming. The Mizar comes with software that will let you adjust the DPI, profiles, the multi color LED CM Storm logo and allows control of all the fully programmable 7 buttons to assign functions and macros.

Alcor and Mizar are available on the Coolermaster webshop and will be available in channel in the coming weeks for a MSRP of €35,- for the Alcor and €45,- for the Mizar.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Haz

Really diggin the Alcor, seem to work great.

For those considering purchasing any of these mice, I don't know how build quality is nowadays at Cooler Master's mouse department but it doesn't have a really good history. I currently own a CM Storm Recon mouse, which functions perfectly and is the most precise mouse I've ever owned BUT after a really short time, no more than a few months, the grey paint (!) on it started to peel off on the right side. Now this doesn't bother me that much and it doesn't affect the way the mouse functions at all but I can't really say I am pleased by it. I mean why the F would you put paint on plastic in the first place?!? Especially on a product that is gonna be used on a daily basis and will suffer a lot of wear?!? I googled this a bit and found out this is a problem on more of their mice and it occurs a lot on the Recon model so it's not just me.Here is a picture I found with google showing almost exactly 100% how my mouse looks like, only the spot on mine is a little bigger but in the exact same place.

I must add that other than this the mouse feels really solid and I like it a lot overall, especially the software. More exactly the fact that it uses the default windows driver. You have just a software that let's you tune the mouse exactly how you want it including tons of color combinations you can chose from and then when you click apply it gets stored in the mouse and you can plug it in any computer and it will be exactly the same without the need to install anything, only if you want to change stuff again. I also own a CM Cosmos S case and it's the best case I ever owned, I have 0 complaints about it. In fact that made me buy this mouse expecting the same build quality but sadly it's not there.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
For those considering purchasing any of these mice, I don't know how build quality is nowadays at Cooler Master's mouse department but it doesn't have a really good history. I currently own a CM Storm Recon mouse, which functions perfectly and is the most precise mouse I've ever owned BUT after a really short time, no more than a few months, the grey paint (!) on it started to peel off on the right side. Now this doesn't bother me that much and it doesn't affect the way the mouse functions at all but I can't really say I am pleased by it. I mean why the F would you put paint on plastic in the first place?!? Especially on a product that is gonna be used on a daily basis and will suffer a lot of wear?!? I googled this a bit and found out this is a problem on more of their mice and it occurs a lot on the Recon model so it's not just me.Here is a picture I found with google showing almost exactly 100% how my mouse looks like, only the spot on mine is a little bigger but in the exact same place.

i just think that its solid plastic, not coated or painted, too bad its pricey mouse

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
It's not grey paint, it's a very thin layer of rubber. My CM Storm Recon side layer is also torn after few months, way bigger than that and at multiple location.