• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SanDisk Introduces World's Highest Capacity microSDXC Memory Card at 128GB

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today announced the new 128GB2 SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I memory card, the world's largest capacity microSD card. Smaller than the size of a fingernail, the new SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card enables consumers to use their phones and tablets as if storage limitations were never a concern, allowing users to capture thousands of songs and photos, and hours of video on a single, removable card.

"SanDisk's high-performance 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC memory card will reshape the way users interact with their devices," said Stuart Robinson, director, Handset Component Technologies, Strategy Analytics. "Until now, consumers had to spread out their content between multiple products because the memory on those devices was not able to hold enough data in one place. This 128GB microSD card is going to be popular as the preferred removable storage option, giving users fast, secure and reliable access to their personal data archives."

Ideal for Today's Smartphone and Tablet Users
Designed for Android smartphones and tablets, the new SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card provides consumers the highest storage capacity available in a removable form factor. Ideal for shooting Full HD video and high-quality pictures, the 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card delivers twice the speed of ordinary microSD memory cards3 and offers the highest video recording performance available.

"The new SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card again demonstrates how SanDisk continues to expand the possibilities of storage so that consumers can benefit from our latest technology advancements," said Susan Park, director, retail product marketing, SanDisk. "With 128GB of removable storage, consumers will enjoy the freedom to capture and save whatever they want on a smartphone or tablet, without worrying about running out of storage space."

An Enhanced SanDisk Memory Zone App - Smarter Ways to Organize, Optimize, and Backup Android Smartphones

A new version of the SanDisk Memory Zone app (available on the Google Play store in beta) lets users easily view, access, and backup all of their files from their phone's memory in one convenient place. As a part of the SanDisk Memory Zone app, SanDisk is releasing OptiMem, a new feature that allows Android users to enhance their phone's internal memory by automatically transferring some of their old photos and videos to their microSD card4. OptiMem will continuously monitor the user's mobile device memory levels, and inform them whenever the internal memory falls below a pre-defined threshold.

Technological Breakthrough
Compared to when the microSD card format was first launched in 2004 with 128MB of capacity, SanDisk has increased storage capacity of microSD cards 1,000 times over in less than a decade with the 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card. To enable 128GB of storage on a removable microSD card, SanDisk developed an innovative proprietary technique that allows for 16 memory die to be vertically stacked, each shaved to be thinner than a strand of hair.

"The technology used to design the 128GB Ultra microSDXC card is well in line with what mobile users expect, and demonstrates SanDisk's commitment to mobility," said Christopher Chute, research director, Worldwide Digital Imaging, IDC. "Being able to fit this much capacity into a microSD card smaller than a fingernail is a game changer, and expands the possibilities of what people can do with their mobile devices. The 128GB Ultra microSDXC card frees users from constant concerns around storage limitations."

Pricing and Availability
The family of SanDisk Ultra microSD memory cards is available worldwide in capacities ranging from 8GB to 128GB with MSRPs of $29.99 to $199.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
oohhh .... with a µSD to SATA3 adapter no more need for a OS-SSD... wait a sec ... naahhh the transfer speed isn't even worth it (and the price :D )

tho indeed for smartphone (when compatible ... ahahah ) it could be interesting ... if it didn't cost the half of the smartphone price ... :D

i reckon my 32gb is a bit too small (just a bit ... 2gb left) but my Xperia Play is not compatible with 64gb and more :cry: (and i think you can find 2 µSDXC 64gb CL10 for half the price of that 128gb :eek:)

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX 1.1
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Memory 2x 32GB Fury DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) 2x Dell U2412M
Case Phanteks P400A
Audio Device(s) Hifimediy Sabre 9018 USB DAC
Power Supply Corsair AX850 (from 2012)
Software Windows 10?
to bad many phones and tablets dont support MicroSD(HC/XC) like google nexus 7, iphones, and some other phones/tablets i cant remember

its so stupid, being limited to 16GB/32GB or 64GB space, when you can put in a MicroSD card and get 128GB more..

System Name It does stuff
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B550 Gaming X V2
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) RX 6700XT
Storage Too much
Display(s) 27" & 21.5"
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DGX / Sony MDR-XB500s
Power Supply Corsair 750W
Software Win10 64
to bad many phones and tablets dont support MicroSD(HC/XC) like google nexus 7, iphones, and some other phones/tablets i cant remember

its so stupid, being limited to 16GB/32GB or 64GB space, when you can put in a MicroSD card and get 128GB more..

That's why if you're a smart consumer, you don't buy devices that restrict you in such ways. My phone and my tablet both have (happily populated) microSD card slots.