• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dying light

System Name VAIO F Series VPCF236HG/B
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.50 GHz*1
Memory 8 GB (4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 2) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (Max)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M GPU 1 GB DDR3
Storage 640 GB*3 (Serial ATA, 7200 rpm)
Audio Device(s) Intel® High Definition Audio Dolby® Home Theater® v4, S-FORCE Front Surround 3D

Any idea when this game will be up in steam. It looks so cool.

Has any one tried the game out?

They said in 2014 but yet didnt mention when in 2014. This game going to be soo cool

Another zombie apocalypse? How original!

this game it is look so muich great from any other zombie games,

check it out,

beside resident evil games this look so much cool,

Last edited:
Thanks for posting video, Samo_Krose. Nice visuals but it looks and feels so cliche. I will wait for other gameplay videos maybe there will be something more interesting. ATM it looks like another slasher with darkness and loads of zombies. As for Resi games.. shame they went downhill, nothing can beat REmake. The only hope is Resi 7. I hope it will get back series to its root. The Evil Within is another game I'm looking forward.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.50 GHz*1
Audio Device(s) Intel® High Definition Audio Dolby® Home Theater® v4, S-FORCE Front Surround 3D
Thanks for posting video, Samo_Krose. Nice visuals but it looks and feels so cliche. I will wait for other gameplay videos maybe there will be something more interesting. ATM it looks like another slasher with darkness and loads of zombies. As for Resi games.. shame they went downhill, nothing can beat REmake. The only hope is Resi 7. I hope it will get back series to its root. The Evil Within is another game I'm looking forward.

totally agree with u mate, and while watching it and looking into reviews and comments, i found out it is similar to dead island, but in better graphic and visuals, and as for resident evil,

that is the best zombie game ever, but yes as u have mentioned they have gone out of the root of the original game, i wish they could so something for it,

i have resident evil 6 not bad, but too short, and not that scary ! ,

i have long time didn't see a really scary game that is scare the shit out of ya ! :D ,,

Doom is nice, also dead space, but can't say that dead space 2 is better than dead space 1!,

but lets say if dying light can join 4 people, ! then i would give it a shot to be better than left 4 dead 2 :D ;) and this would be awesome.

but will see more when it comes out what people think for the one who have played this game

Yeah that's true RE6 isn't scary at all. Resi have become "shoot-em-up" games. RE5 is basically the same RE4, they just replaced Leon with Chris and Spain with Africa lol. Pre RE4 games are my favorite, especially REmake and Zero, they are the best. I also love kickass atmosphere in Code Veronica. RE2 and 3 are good too. I miss their puzzles, immersion and ammo conservation.

I'm so sick of Leon and Chris but it seems that CAPCOM are obsessed with them. But they ditched Billy, Steve and Barry.

I want Jill, Claire and Rebecca back. Chicks ftw!

I want more horror games, but something more than Alan Wake or Alone in the Dark.

Yeah that's true RE6 isn't scary at all. Resi have become "shoot-em-up" games. RE5 is basically the same RE4, they just replaced Leon with Chris and Spain with Africa lol. Pre RE4 games are my favorite, especially REmake and Zero, they are the best. I also love kickass atmosphere in Code Veronica. RE2 and 3 are good too. I miss their puzzles, immersion and ammo conservation.

I'm so sick of Leon and Chris but it seems that CAPCOM are obsessed with them. But they ditched Billy, Steve and Barry.

I want Jill, Claire and Rebecca back. Chicks ftw!

I want more horror games, but something more than Alan Wake or Alone in the Dark.

totally agree on that, but i couldn't understand resident evil 5 racoon what was based on! and i didn't bother my self playing it, and i love the old version of resident evil yes

i'm sure u still remember this face lol still scary till now :D hehehe,

and what did annoy me, is when i bought resident evil 6, which before being available in steam 4 month back, they have made another resident evil revelation! that suck also didn't bother my self for it,

they keep coming up with games, but i don't think so they think what the people needs,

they did say that resident evil 6 would be the most horror games ever ! that was crapy talk lol :D

but oh well, let see what they have in their chest for resident evil 7, i hope it is something good

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
This suggests the new release date was pushed back to end of 2014. http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/15690/20140212/dying-light-release-date.htm

2014 is going to be flooded with horror games, but despite Dying Light involving a common zombie theme, there's more to it than that. I've yet to see any zombie games involve parkour, or night time escapes from enemies that appear to be more like powerful mutants than zombies.

On RE, I like RE4 best. I didn't try the games before that because I refuse to accept anything that cannot be played with KB/M. RE4 having guns is not the problem though, it's that there's too much ammo and no true mouse support, just a mouse aim mod that still feels clumsy with mouse.

If they were to give RE4 Ult HD true mouse scripting and add a couple more difficulty levels where enemies are harder to kill, the player loses health faster, and less ammo being available, it would be just right. What's best about RE4 is the level design, creatures, and ambient sounds, and the story is pretty good too, as well as the boss fights.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm sure u still remember this face lol still scary till now :D hehehe,

and what did annoy me, is when i bought resident evil 6, which before being available in steam 4 month back, they have made another resident evil revelation! that suck also didn't bother my self for it,

they keep coming up with games, but i don't think so they think what the people needs,

they did say that resident evil 6 would be the most horror games ever ! that was crapy talk lol :D

but oh well, let see what they have in their chest for resident evil 7, i hope it is something good

Lol yeah that zombie from intro :D That was the first zombie Jill encountered in the mansion! That was really scary!

True, that was bollocks that RE6 is the scariest. I hope they won't lie about RE7

This suggests the new release date was pushed back to end of 2014. http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/15690/20140212/dying-light-release-date.htm

2014 is going to be flooded with horror games, but despite Dying Light involving a common zombie theme, there's more to it than that. I've yet to see any zombie games involve parkour, or night time escapes from enemies that appear to be more like powerful mutants than zombies.

On RE, I like RE4 best. I didn't try the games before that because I refuse to accept anything that cannot be played with KB/M. RE4 having guns is not the problem though, it's that there's too much ammo and no true mouse support, just a mouse aim mod that still feels clumsy with mouse.

If they were to give RE4 Ult HD true mouse scripting and add a couple more difficulty levels where enemies are harder to kill, the player loses health faster, and less ammo being available, it would be just right. What's best about RE4 is the level design, creatures, and ambient sounds, and the story is pretty good too, as well as the boss fights.

i hope that the delay would be the benefits for the game, which they really concentrate on the demand of people and what are they really like,

i hope the game that does not come like dead island and have everything different well to some extent, and i really want a zombie game which really really hard and scary and take challenge to finish, single or with group :) ,,

i have played resident evil 4 and i have did enjoy the game, and i totally agree with u to some point, well the problem is u see in resident evil sometimes lack of ammo, and most problem lack of melee, like he use one or couple hit, that is not help full when there is 3 or 4 zombies, !

u can't have less ammo when there is lack of attack melee,!

or another source of weapon!!

Lol yeah that zombie from intro :D That was the first zombie Jill encountered in the mansion! That was really scary!

True, that was bollocks that RE6 is the scariest. I hope they won't lie about RE7

lool indeed that was scary but what is still most scary of resident evil is this

which i still remember i scared so much :D lol u open the door and booom :D hahhaa,

old games was meaningful nowadays games or just run shot bang, !!

Guys what do u think of the walking dead?

did any one try that game ?! is it worth the buy ?

Last edited:

Many people seem to like it. But it's not my cup of tea. First impressions were really nice but now it doesn't look too good. It doesn't feel like a video game rather some stories connected together. Interaction is limited and scripted. No matter what choices you choose, in the end it makes little or no difference at all. Zombie apocalypses don't have happy endings.

old games was meaningful nowadays games or just run shot bang, !!

The core of Resident Evil was survival. You had the horror, but bullet management with a finite amount of things to find made it a classic. RE 4 managed to get the series back to that, but Capcom being Capcom meant they'd drag the series back into a generic "it should make money" incarnation.

Walking Dead is not a game. The Walking Dead, in Telltale's iteration at least, is a mildly interactive movie. If you can't get behind that, then it isn't worth looking into. If you want an excellent story, then I can recommend it 100%.

If this game looks like fun, then you'd probably be best to skip Telltale's game. It doesn't have nearly this much gameplay.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
THis game is just a Dead Island clone nothing more

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
@samo,
Every time I've played RE4 it's always felt like there's too much ammo, regardless of play style. The zombies move pretty slowly. It's not too hard to just shoot the two in the front in the lower leg, kick or suplex one of them, rinse and repeat. Then there's flash and other grenades, and weapons with more power to shoot vs melee them.

I suppose they thought ample ammo would address a larger number of play styles, but they still could have had a more survivalist type mode where resources are scarce, like Dead Space does.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I'm curious why this isn't just going to be another Dead Island game. I do love how this engine looks though, knew it had to be from the same engine as soon as the video started, then seen the comment saying it was Techland.

Many people seem to like it. But it's not my cup of tea. First impressions were really nice but now it doesn't look too good. It doesn't feel like a video game rather some stories connected together. Interaction is limited and scripted. No matter what choices you choose, in the end it makes little or no difference at all. Zombie apocalypses don't have happy endings.

i see thanks for the info,, when i so the trailer the video, well it seems nice but commercial people know how to do their job, by showing the best parts and when u play the game it is something different!

i like a good story but i don't like that i have to do one thing! as u have mentioned.

but well lets hope for something good :D

The core of Resident Evil was survival. You had the horror, but bullet management with a finite amount of things to find made it a classic. RE 4 managed to get the series back to that, but Capcom being Capcom meant they'd drag the series back into a generic "it should make money" incarnation.

Walking Dead is not a game. The Walking Dead, in Telltale's iteration at least, is a mildly interactive movie. If you can't get behind that, then it isn't worth looking into. If you want an excellent story, then I can recommend it 100%.

If this game looks like fun, then you'd probably be best to skip Telltale's game. It doesn't have nearly this much gameplay.

100% right, the creativity in old res Evil was something everyone looking for, not as now,! yes that res 4 but not 5 or 6 or, revelation!..

i see, well i have to skip it then lol,

@samo,
Every time I've played RE4 it's always felt like there's too much ammo, regardless of play style. The zombies move pretty slowly. It's not too hard to just shoot the two in the front in the lower leg, kick or suplex one of them, rinse and repeat. Then there's flash and other grenades, and weapons with more power to shoot vs melee them.

I suppose they thought ample ammo would address a larger number of play styles, but they still could have had a more survivalist type mode where resources are scarce, like Dead Space does.

that is totally right, i agree with that, well that what was the ancient resident evil made for survive and mystery solve mystery stuff, and find stuff, like almost silent hill if i still remember ?!

this also was a very good old mystery survive game!

okay guys i have been looking around and see if this game isn't another copy of dead island untill i've jumped to this blog,

well at least what they say :D lol

upload_2014-3-7_8-11-5.png

Source

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/25/dyi...es-lazy-mirrors-edge-dead-island-comparisons/

another one

upload_2014-3-7_8-16-38.png

Source

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ying-light-techland-interview-pax-prime-2013/

well !!!

Last edited:
System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
Looks like good fun, makes me want to have another crack at dead island, from the video think ill like the game play here a bit better.

i see thanks for the info,, when i so the trailer the video, well it seems nice but commercial people know how to do their job, by showing the best parts and when u play the game it is something different!

i like a good story but i don't like that i have to do one thing! as u have mentioned.

but well lets hope for something good :D

Have you played Amnesia and Outlast? They're nice first person horror games. They have minor flaws. Monsters in Amnesia disappear if you're well hidden and don't look at them. In Outlast monsters disappear if you reach the checkpoint and they have very poor AI. But other than that these games are scary and have creepy atmosphere.

There are some amazing horror games with female protagonists. Kuon, Haunting Ground, Clock Tower 3, Eternal Darkness, Rule of Rose. These games have sanity and stamina meters. If your sanity is low weird stuff happens: you get false BSODS, blood flows down the screen, or you get a warning that all your save files are deleted. All that stuff shocked me :D

Have you played Amnesia and Outlast? They're nice first person horror games. They have minor flaws. Monsters in Amnesia disappear if you're well hidden and don't look at them. In Outlast monsters disappear if you reach the checkpoint and they have very poor AI. But other than that these games are scary and have creepy atmosphere.

There are some amazing horror games with female protagonists. Kuon, Haunting Ground, Clock Tower 3, Eternal Darkness, Rule of Rose. These games have sanity and stamina meters. If your sanity is low weird stuff happens: you get false BSODS, blood flows down the screen, or you get a warning that all your save files are deleted. All that stuff shocked me :D

i have never tried these games i will take a look into it, is it also mystery solving issues or just running and shot?

it seems i can't find the right horror game, even when they talked about hmm what is called it was on steam, that it is very scary ! i didn't think so, lol u have already mentioned the game i was saying who drone mention outlast it is this game,

is there any point about this game beside it is surprisingly scare?

this one OUTLAST,

or may be i did judge wrong don't know :D

is this what u talking about Amnesia?

?

i do like how this guy described the game of silent hill 1

upload_2014-3-7_11-27-52.png

Last edited:
i have never tried these games i will take a look into it, is it also mystery solving issues or just running and shot?

is there any point about this game beside it is surprisingly scare?

this one OUTLAST,

or may be i did judge wrong don't know :D

is this what u talking about Amnesia?

Kuon, Haunting Ground, Clock Tower, Rule of Rose and Eternal Darkness are true horror games. No shooting, low health, weak female characters that can't even defend themselves. Game scheme is complex with amazing story that will always live in my mind. Rule of Rose is extremely tragic but I won't spoil it.

Outlast .. yup it's based on jump scare but nothing really special. Amnesia is different. It has puzzles and deep story. There's DLC for Amnesia called Justine. In that game you can't save your progress, death = game over and it's really scary.

System Name WorstEVER
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4770K
Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 GAMING
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E
Memory G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) Sniper, DDR3 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24, 1.35V
Video Card(s) 7970 Matrix Platinum
Storage Samsung 840EVO / Samsung F1
Display(s) Crossover Blacktune 2763 AMG "PP"
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 Gold
Software Win7 x64 ultimate
Benchmark Scores over 9000
Steam? Yes..
One good reason to buy ips screen (deep black)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm looking forward to thsi game. the one downside is that its kinda like Mirros edge + Dead island. I loved Dead Island but mirrors edge is not really my cup of tea. That said I am a huge zombie fan so i will still play this game.

I'm looking forward to thsi game. the one downside is that its kinda like Mirros edge + Dead island. I loved Dead Island but mirrors edge is not really my cup of tea. That said I am a huge zombie fan so i will still play this game.

I love dead island finished it 4 times with friends

But im looking into more serious stuff.

Multiplayer preferred aingle play not a problem.

The main thing is the story. Game play. Challenge and horror

System Name H2o Box
Processor Intel(R) Xeon e5-2690 v2 Stock 3.300 GHz stock
Motherboard MSI X79A-G43 Plus (MS-7760) v3
Cooling CPU EK & Phobya G-Changer 360 V2.0 RAD H2o VGA "AlphaCool M18" Hybrid [pump replaced 18/8/21]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 16Gb 11-12-12-32 2T @ 1866Mhz [locked]
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP EXTREME
Storage HyperX Fury 120GB & Savage 480GB SSD, Seagate 250GB,250GB 7200rpm Kingston 64GB SSD
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG32VQR 2560*1440 165Hz VA Panel
Case Corsair O-800D
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Be Quiet! [Dark Power Pro 11] 1200W CM replaced [7-4-2017]
Mouse Zelotes T-90
Keyboard K66 Mechanical US Layout
Software Win 10 Pro 64Bit v 20H2 / OS [build 19043.1237] WFEP 120.2212.3530.0
Hi

Looking forward to Dying Light only a few weeks to go now
Dying Light Video Options.jpg
video settings [from preview build]

Note: FOV appears to be missing [may be deliberate not just an oversight due to character animations in-game]

System Specs from Steam

• MINIMUM:
    • OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500 @3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8320 @3.5 GHz
    • Memory:4 GB RAM DDR3
    • Hard Drive:40 GB free space
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 / AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 (1GB VRAM)
    • DirectX®:Version 11
    • Sound: DirectX® compatible
    • Additional Notes: Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

• RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K @3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
    • Memory:8 GB RAM DDR3
    • Hard Drive:40 GB free space
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290 (2GB VRAM)
    • DirectX®:Version 11
    • Sound: DirectX® compatible
    • Additional Notes: Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

atb

Law-II

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I have been awaiting this game for almost a year now. Can't wait!

System Name 2020 build
Processor 3950x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus extreme
Cooling Custom Loop. PETG. Phanteks 140 distro plate. EK 400mm res. EK GPU/back plate. EK CPU.480rad 2x360
Memory 32gig 3600mhz 16,16,16,36. Trident Z Royal
Video Card(s) MSI gaming X trio 2080ti
Storage 2TB Gigabyte Aorus gen4. 1TB Aorus gen4
Display(s) LG CX 55
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Audeez LCD3. Chord Hugo 2
Power Supply Seasonic prime 1300 platinum
Software Cubase, Adobe
Few games get me excited, maybe one per year. This will be my 2015 game.