• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOSTAR Ready to Launch Motherboards with Built-in ASICS – Great for Bitcoins

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
BIOSTAR is now readying a crypto currency (such as Bitcoin) mining motherboard, the BTC-24GH, with 64 ASICs on-board that offers 24GH/s performance which is equivalent to more than 30 ATI 7970 graphic cards. The product is now ready to ship, and BIOSTAR is planning to build up professional operation sites in specific countries. In the Bitcoin world, a "mining rig" is a computer system used for mining bitcoins or other crypto currencies. It can be built specifically for mining or it could be your everyday computer for gaming and surfing, and is used to mine only on a part-time basis.

With the rising price of Bitcoins, GPU mining can theoretically be profitable. What you need is a system that can do enormous amounts of mathematical calculations. Up till now, the best way to do this is the GPUs in graphics cards. Now there are ASICs (Application-Specific Integrated Circuit). ASICs are good at one thing only, solving mathematical hash functions. In this case, their strong hashing power and low power usage, making it very efficient to use.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
How exactly are they planning to send the necesarry data for all 64 ASICs through a single measly usb port? :eek:

I can't believe no other mainstream company ever tried to cash in on this before!

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
If what they say for their product is true- equal to 30 GPU's at a time, this should be a game changer, right? No more farms with riser extensions and 6xGPU's in one rig? Does that mean these boards will cost equally to 28 GPU's :)

System Name Game Raver
Processor Core i7-770K
Motherboard ASRock Z170A-X1
Cooling Coolermaster AIO
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage 1TB Crucial SSD. 4TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) AOC 1080p 144Hz
Case NZXT Phantom 410 /w/ Silverstone FN121P-BL fans
Audio Device(s) ASUS Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX760
The key to the profitability here is the performance per dollar vs performance per watt vs performance per block.

There are so many variables that if you wish to inquire on a mining chip you gotta be an artist with math. Be sure to have the best ASICSs that will support all three variables on a 24/7 continuous operational standard with your local power company.

Processor 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V
Cooling Stock
Memory Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4x4 1866@99927 1.41v
Video Card(s) Sapphire 280x
Display(s) crossover
Case junk
Audio Device(s) usbstick
Power Supply enermax 82+pro 5years+ still good
..2 years ago, it was done with gpus. Now the required compute power is 1 million times higher, good luck with those.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
just back to dedicated system, and for serious mining

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
ANYTHING to keep the crypto miners from jacking up the prices of gpu's sounds AWESOME to me!

Stil SHA-256, divide 25 GH/s by 30, 833 MH/s, so for normal Bitcoin.

But 25 GH/s ist not enough to play in Bitcoin-Mining today. At the current difficulty you gain 12$ per week. In two or three months you make just a few dollar per week. Newest ASIC miner have a hashrate measured in TH/s

This has never been explained or at least I keep missing it... the work (mathematical calculations) being done to benefit "Whom" and you are getting paid for that work?

Or are miners just unearthing what amounts to 4-leaf clovers that someone (the people who have/want them) deems as valuable? Gold is valuable as yes it hard to find and folks perceive it value from it rarity and tangibility. Ok unearthing crypto-currency has to some a degree both that, but someone created the algorithm and only tangible in the world of 0’s and1’s, it all seems shaky… Mother nature controls gold and other rare minerals values. If tomorrow someone unearthed 16 cubic mile of gold, sure there goes the price. But still gold has real "uses" to make all kind of useful stuff, even if it was found in abundance. Do solving these mathematical calculations/ algorithm do anything? Are they unearthing a cure for cancer, unlocking time-travel, what is there perceived good/tangible to the world, other than wasting electricity? The unique properties of gold provide a variety of applications in electronics, engineering, and healthcare. Even if gold was in abundance people could find more uses due to it being more cost effective.

Some Leprechaun (no one absolutely knows who created this) says "find-me 4-leaf clovers" and it leads to a "Pot-of-Gold" and for some right now it’s true. But just like what predominantly was to blame for the 1929 Crash of the Stock Market, folks put their faith in “Buying on the Margin”, it probably sounded as much the "sure thing" as Bitcoin sounds today.

There's so many downsides it makes no real sense. I’ll give a couple... how does anyone know there's not going to be that "16 cubic miles" of algorithms unlocked tomorrow? What can be made from a Bitcoin, you know real things?

IDK I guess I’m looking to be sckooled... in such New World Economics.

Last edited:
Processor 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V
Cooling Stock
Memory Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4x4 1866@99927 1.41v
Video Card(s) Sapphire 280x
Display(s) crossover
Case junk
Audio Device(s) usbstick
Power Supply enermax 82+pro 5years+ still good
u dont have to pay 15-20% for money transfers. that alone is huge. theres other stuff good and bad, but all in all the general idea is very nice.

System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
i've wondered about dedicating my home pc to bitcoin mining. How long does it take to get a coin? and are percentages of a bitcoin worth cash aswell or do you have to wait till you have 1 whole coin?

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
This has never been explained or at least I keep missing it... the work (mathematical calculations) being done to benefit "Whom" and you are getting paid for that work?

Or are miners just unearthing what amounts to 4-leaf clovers that someone (the people who have/want them) deems as valuable? Gold is valuable as yes it hard to find and folks perceive it value from it rarity and tangibility. Ok unearthing crypto-currency has to some a degree both that, but someone created the algorithm and only tangible in the world of 0’s and1’s, it all seems shaky… Mother nature controls gold and other rare minerals values. If tomorrow someone unearthed 16 cubic mile of gold, sure there goes the price. But still gold has real "uses" to make all kind of useful stuff, even if it was found in abundance. Do solving these mathematical calculations/ algorithm do anything? Are they unearthing a cure for cancer, unlocking time-travel, what is there perceived good/tangible to the world, other than wasting electricity? The unique properties of gold provide a variety of applications in electronics, engineering, and healthcare. Even if gold was in abundance people could find more uses due to it being more cost effective.

Some Leprechaun (no one absolutely knows who created this) says "find-me 4-leaf clovers" and it leads to a "Pot-of-Gold" and for some right now it’s true. But just like what predominantly was to blame for the 1929 Crash of the Stock Market, folks put their faith in “Buying on the Margin”, it probably sounded as much the "sure thing" as Bitcoin sounds today.

There's so many downsides it makes no real sense. I’ll give a couple... how does anyone know there's not going to be that "16 cubic miles" of algorithms unlocked tomorrow? What can be made from a Bitcoin, you know real things?

IDK I guess I’m looking to be sckooled... in such New World Economics.

I will try and break this down somewhat but I do not have all the answers.

The mathematical calculations support the system, not one person or persons. VISA has servers that process transactions saying that Alice gave Bob $10, and that Bob now has $20. Essentially this work is distributed in an open source system. The work is shared, and so too is the record. Everyone can see that Bob has $20, at least if they know Bob's address.

On the tangibility and usefulness of bitcoins, I can take this two ways. I can take it as bitcoin the system or bitcoin the currency. Bitcoin right now plays both. Bitcoin to me is for more interesting and far more valuable for its system. Bitcoin can be thought of as similar to the internets TCP but instead for a financial system. I don't feel like I have to explain this as much because it falls in line with my previous VISA Alice and Bob explanation.
I can only explain so eloquently so I will provide some links of this topic that I find very explanatory on the theory here.
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8640/an-...-doesnt-have-it-and-why-bitcoin-does-have-it/
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/10702/economists-hate-bitcoin/

I hope that answered some questions you have, and I hope other knowledgeable people can hop in here and maybe give a good answer too.

i've wondered about dedicating my home pc to bitcoin mining. How long does it take to get a coin? and are percentages of a bitcoin worth cash aswell or do you have to wait till you have 1 whole coin?

What's your graphic card?

I will try and break this down ... I hope that answered some questions you have, and I hope other knowledgeable people can hop in here and maybe give a good answer too.
Thank you! I don't want to come across as a detractor, but this all lies between those folks who jump in and find it satisfying even if they don’t or can’t full explain it, while others need logic and confidences that comes from a good grasp of the process. I see people who start a business or products with no knowledge of what it takes or what they’re up against. Undaunted sometimes they can perseverance and work though all the hurdles and it works for them, more often they'll flounder. For every 1 that makes it, there are 9 that took it on the chin, but they don't shout it from the mountains so you rarely see that outcome.

I see established financial institutions (banks, investment) looking at this and trying to see if they can make money (embrace it) or kill it as a threat.
Thank for the links I'll read up.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
I see established financial institutions (banks, investment) looking at this and trying to see if they can make money (embrace it) or kill it as a threat.
Thank for the links I'll read up.
Another good source of info would be the bitcoin senate hearings they had a few weeks back. I was surprised, but good questions were asked.