• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Gaming Evolved Expands With Trio of Exclusive Gaming Partnerships

AMD today announced three new game developer partnerships for AMD Gaming Evolved, an ISV relationship program that assists developers in creating an enhanced PC gaming experience. Rebellion Developments, Square Enix and Xaviant are the latest developers to join AMD in optimizing PC games to make them look better and run better for every gamer on AMD hardware.

"AMD is proud to play an instrumental role in enabling quality PC gaming experiences," said Ritche Corpus, director of ISV gaming and alliances, AMD. "With collaboration between AMD and leading studios like Rebellion, Square Enix and Xaviant, we can work together to optimize the image quality and performance of highly-anticipated titles for an intense gaming experience."

Rebellion Developments is currently developing "Sniper Elite III," the latest chapter in an award-winning series that promises to take gamers to the exotic terrain of WW2's North Africa conflict.

"AMD was an incredible technical partner to Rebellion during the development of Sniper Elite V2," said Chris Kingsley, CTO, Rebellion. "Today we proudly renew that spirit of cooperation in an official gaming partnership that will bring full Mantle API support to bear in Sniper Elite III. Through native Mantle support in our Asura Engine, AMD Radeon customers will uniquely receive a level of performance that couldn't be achieved without AMD's visionary efforts with lower level graphics APIs."

Square Enix is the publisher behind "Murdered: Soul Suspect," a supernatural thriller that challenges players to solve the most difficult case of all: their own murder.

"AMD and Square Enix have enjoyed a history of collaboration with past titles," said Naoto Sugiyama, executive producer, "Murdered: Soul Suspect." "That relationship remains strong as we work together on a rich assortment of optimized DirectX 11 effects for Murdered: Soul Suspect. This comprehensive effort will ensure that all PC gamers receive the definitive experience they deserve."

Xaviant is the developer behind "Lichdom," an exploration of a time known as The Sixth Age of Roth, wherein players will wield unfathomable power channeled through bracers gifted by an enigmatic patron. The title will feature support for AMD's pioneering TressFX Hair and AMD TrueAudio technologies.

"AMD has demonstrated imagination and passion for PC audio with the development of AMD TrueAudio technology," said Mark Muraski, Lead Sound Designer, Xaviant. "We are taking full advantage of that technology in Lichdom with the development of an uncommonly immersive audio environment. As players wield unfathomable power in the Sixth Age of Roth, AMD Radeon gamers with ordinary stereo headsets will experience fully positional 3D audio and acoustic environments modeled after the real world."

Rebellion Developments, Xaviant and Square Enix will share additional details about these exciting partnerships as their respective games near public release.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name PC || Acer Nitro 5
Processor Ryzen 9 5900x || R5 2500U @ 35W
Motherboard MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI || default
Cooling 1x Corsair XR5 360mm Rad||
Memory 2x16GB HyperX 3600 @ 3800 || 2x8GB DDR4 @ 2400MTs
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080Ti Sea Hawk EK X || RX 560X
Storage Samsung 9801TB x2 + Striped Tiered Storage Space (2x 128Gb SSD + 2x 1TB HDD) || 128GB + 1TB SSD
Display(s) Iiyama PL2770QS + Samsung U28E590, || 15,6" 1080P IPS @ 100Hz Freesync enabled
Case SilverStone Alta G1M ||
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Cooler Master V850 SFX || 135Watt 19V OEM adaptor
Mouse ROG Pugio II
Software Win 11 64bit || Win 11 64bit
So only one of those three is actually using mantle?

With the rumored similarities between directx 12 and mantle one would think that from a development point of view it'll be less expensive in the long run to support mantle early, but this press release doesn't really give the impression game makers are willing to do that. Square Enix already supports Mantle in Thief yet they don't speak of supporting mantle on their upcoming game, which I also find odd.

I can't really say this gives me much confidence in Mantle, but as it's also still a very young API I suppose not nearly everything is set in stone just yet.

So only one of those three is actually using mantle?

With the rumored similarities between directx 12 and mantle one would think that from a development point of view it'll be less expensive in the long run to support mantle early, but this press release doesn't really give the impression game makers are willing to do that. Square Enix already supports Mantle in Thief yet they don't speak of supporting mantle on their upcoming game, which I also find odd.

I can't really say this gives me much confidence in Mantle, but as it's also still a very young API I suppose not nearly everything is set in stone just yet.

This wasn't a Mantle announcement just a Gaming Evolved. Announcing collaboration/partnership in some way and to which extent will vary as the last sentence says.

Gaming Evolved doesn't automaticly mean it will include Mantle.

System Name PC || Acer Nitro 5
Processor Ryzen 9 5900x || R5 2500U @ 35W
Motherboard MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI || default
Cooling 1x Corsair XR5 360mm Rad||
Memory 2x16GB HyperX 3600 @ 3800 || 2x8GB DDR4 @ 2400MTs
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080Ti Sea Hawk EK X || RX 560X
Storage Samsung 9801TB x2 + Striped Tiered Storage Space (2x 128Gb SSD + 2x 1TB HDD) || 128GB + 1TB SSD
Display(s) Iiyama PL2770QS + Samsung U28E590, || 15,6" 1080P IPS @ 100Hz Freesync enabled
Case SilverStone Alta G1M ||
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Cooler Master V850 SFX || 135Watt 19V OEM adaptor
Mouse ROG Pugio II
Software Win 11 64bit || Win 11 64bit
This wasn't a Mantle announcement just a Gaming Evolved. Announcing collaboration/partnership in some way and to which extent will vary as the last sentence says.

True, but I find it odd for Square Enix to invest time in it first, then not using it for the next game. I suppose they might simply announce that at another time however, so all of this might be quite premature anyway =D.

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
I thought Squeenix was teamed up with AMD for a while now? Just Cause 2 was the last game they published that was slanted towards nVidia. Hitman: Absolution, Thief and Deus Ex: Human Revolution have all been about AMD.

Mantle is part of GE initiative, if not they wouldn't have mentioned Mantle support in Sniper Elite 3.
There are only 4 games supporting mantle now, BF4, Thief, Star Citizen and Sniper 3 two of them still unreleased. currently there are no future plans for anymore Mantle games.

I thought Squeenix was teamed up with AMD for a while now? Just Cause 2 was the last game they published that was slanted towards nVidia. Hitman: Absolution, Thief and Deus Ex: Human Revolution have all been about AMD.

Square Enix made a deal with AMD back in 2010, their partnership extended to Deus Ex Human Revolution, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Thief and now the upcoming Murdered Soul. This partnership alone is responsible for the majority of AAA games in the Gaming Evolved program.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm ready for the next installment of Sniper Elite so any news connected with that title is certainly welcome to me. Hopefully it means better performance for us. :)