• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Selects Asetek to Liquid Cool The World's Fastest Graphics Card

Asetek, the world's leading supplier of computer liquid cooling solutions, today announced that its liquid cooling technology will be used to cool AMD's latest flagship graphics card. The new AMD Radeon R9 295X2 is the world's fastest graphics card. Boasting 8 gigabytes of memory and over 11 teraflops of computing power, the AMD Radeon R9 295X2 graphics card is the undisputed graphics performance champion.

"Today's high-end graphic cards pack insane amounts of power into a very small area and removing that heat is no small task. Utilizing our liquid cooling for graphics cards unlocks new opportunities for performance and low noise," said André Sloth Eriksen, Founder and CEO of Asetek. "The fact that AMD has chosen Asetek liquid cooling for their reference cooling design is a testament to the reliability and performance of our technology."

The AMD Radeon R9 295X2 is the first graphics card reference design ever to ship with an advanced closed-loop water cooling system. The Asetek-developed liquid cooling system on the AMD Radeon R9 295X2 graphics card delivers significant benefits for the performance-hungry enthusiast, hardcore gamer or Bitcoin miner. Users will appreciate the unobtrusive noise, low GPU and component temperatures, and blistering performance - right out of the box.

"As the most powerful graphics card offered to date, we knew we needed an outstanding custom cooling solution for the AMD Radeon R9 295X2 graphics card," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. "Asetek's liquid cooling embodies the efficient performance, reliability and reputation we were seeking in a partner. As GPUs become more powerful, the benefits of collaborating with Asetek and integrating our world-class technologies are clear."

The AMD Radeon R9 295X2 graphics card utilizes Asetek's proven, maintenance free, factory sealed liquid cooling technology to cool the two powerful GPUs. This liquid cooling design ensures continuous stability even under full load. The card is easy to install and fits in most computer cases on the market today. With more than 1.5 million units in the field today, Asetek liquid cooling provides worry free operation to gamers and PC enthusiasts alike.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I love how Asetek makes herself not look like a monopoly in computer WC components and AIO solutions, kind of the opposite of those weird small companies who claim they are the world leader in whatever.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
The biggest low profile player could be Foxconn in this kind of discipline.

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI x670e Tomahawk wifi
Cooling Artic Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill 32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 7900XTX 24 GB
Storage Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
Display(s) Alienware 3420DW 120 Freesync
Case LianLi Lancool III white non-rgb
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC
Power Supply Corsair Shift 1000W
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Benchmark Scores The second best!
I love how Asetek makes herself not look like a monopoly in computer WC components and AIO solutions, kind of the opposite of those weird small companies who claim they are the world leader in whatever.

Heh, I was wondering the same. Like where else would have Amd gone to get the hybrid cooling solution?

Heh, I was wondering the same. Like where else would have Amd gone to get the hybrid cooling solution?

EK or whatever? Water cooling and desktops i am totally out of the loop but are there not several mainstream brands? I thought i have seen TPU post several.

it looks like this is kinda like a full water block expect that they added a fan to ensure the outer areas are full cooled. The water block is over the whole card but water only flows over two points so it isn't like those EK ones. Again only my opinion. Not really up to speed on these things but it seems like a nice solution...not perfect but more than adequate. Seems like this would be able to full over clock assuming you added a larger radiator. Not sure why a full water block wasn't used. I would love to hear thoughts on this because this is just interesting to me and learning is awesome as always :) Ignorance sucks -_^

System Name ASAS
Processor Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Patriot 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 T1 @ 1.5V
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Gaming
Storage Samsung 830 256GB + Samsung Spinpoint T133 HD400LJ 400GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster EX1920
Case Bitfenix Ghost
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889
Power Supply Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
"Asetek, the world's leading supplier of computer liquid cooling solutions, today announced..."

Indeed it is. They are the OEM for pretty much every single AIO water cooling solution offered by gazillion of other "brands".

nem

better dissipation that TITAN Z surely ^^

Last edited: