• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
You actually play ARMA III normal multiplayer?

Nah, I play human vs Ai mods. insurgency, civ vs cop or wilderness mods. Im not a huge fan of wilderness mod. Civ vs Cop can get real fun though. Ive had some real memorable moments in ARMA II where i wished Id been recording with fraps or something.

in ARMA II we found some place where we could buy a T-32 tank. me and a friend did a money glitch to buy it then I left the game and renamed myself 'joseph Stalin' before rejoining then rolling into Chernarus with it and lay siege to the police base. the first HE round was just magnificent - HE round right into the warehouse - completely leveled it. there was so much dust and smoke it was glorious.

Unfortunately we did start spawn killing cops but it was hilarious. there was so much dust and debris everywhere that it made the whole moment very cinematic.

We completely leveled everything we could on the police island and we eventually ran out of ammo and started using AP shells. Cops there had no where to hide so we just rolled off down the road.

but it was such a hilarious moment - me and my friend declared ourselves activists and made demands for the cops to stop abusing the civs and they pretty much told us to fuck off. Had they known we had a tank and were sitting right outside their base, i dont think they would have been so quick to respond so rudely. They got a 76.2mm HE round to the face.

me and my friend were laughing all the way through it.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
Are you trying to stream Dead Nation? There's a known audio bug in that game for streams. Besides that, from what I heard you need to have a headset plugged in and set audio to be shared in order to capture in game audio to a stream. If that's all A OK, I have no idea, cause I don't stream on a PS4 :laugh:
Yes so far I did stream dead nation,without headphones.WIll try different game then.THanks for tips.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
really need a dslr :/

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I'll post this here where our friends across the pond won't readily get annoyed. Article comes to conclusion the US is an Oligarchy, not a democracy.

http://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/G...ens and Page 2014-Testing Theories 3-7-14.pdf

Commentators on it call it the 'duh' paper as it is pretty much accepted by people that know. It just swipes away that notion some folks have that the US is a great democracy, when it's nothing of the sort, it's just another elitist ruling class running a country through a puppet government.

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
I'll post this here where our friends across the pond won't readily get annoyed. Article comes to conclusion the US is an Oligarchy, not a democracy.

http://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/Gilens homepage materials/Gilens and Page/Gilens and Page 2014-Testing Theories 3-7-14.pdf

Commentators on it call it the 'duh' paper as it is pretty much accepted by people that know. It just swipes away that notion some folks have that the US is a great democracy, when it's nothing of the sort, it's just another elitist ruling class running a country through a puppet government.
in the last 10 years pretty much every country in the world turned to oligarchy more or less.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
10?

rofl

we are talking centuries dude. ok the past decade or so some of the last to join up have been indoctrinated too with only cuba and china still rocking it old school.

but yea, it was why they rebelled against the old world and its royal families.

they set it up so everyone with money could play the game, not just those with money from the right families, look how that turned out too....

sad part is most people do not realise it is the same people pulling the strings behind the scenes in all the "democracy" worldwide and call those who do think it strange.

2001 called - they want their cameraphone back

worst part is dude the rest of my kitchen behind the pc looked stunning in them....the big black box in the centre of shot no, that is blurry......:facepalm:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Ugh.... my PCs been crashing quite a lot recently and its becoming more and more frequent. Last night i updated my bios and ran memtest for 4 passes (6-8hrs) and everything was fine. To day when i finally start trying to get into a game of LoL Asus Anti-surge Protection triggers and tells me my pc has been shut down because of an unstable PSU.

It all make sense now....

Im done with corsair power supplies - the K70 i got back now has 2 or 3 LEDs that are too dim to light up the keys - Im seriously not impressed. On top of that, I how have an issue with a PSU thats around 2 years old and NEVER been pushed to its limits.

I cant be arsed dealing with Corsair again for the K70 - I'll keep it and once all the LEDs die i'll get myself a ducky shine III or IV.

the shitty thing is ive now gotta wait until TUESDAY for a new fucking PSU because im working and YoYotech - one of the only stores in london i really trusted doesnt have a shop anymore since they went into administration.

I paid about £130 for this corsair PSU and im extremely disappointed

::EDIT::

Oh well, speaking of 'Never Again's' I read a shit load of reviews and i bought a COrsair AX860 Platinum - scored 9.5 on TPU. I think i heard that they are made by enermax

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Ugh.... my PCs been crashing quite a lot recently and its becoming more and more frequent. Last night i updated my bios and ran memtest for 4 passes (6-8hrs) and everything was fine. To day when i finally start trying to get into a game of LoL Asus Anti-surge Protection triggers and tells me my pc has been shut down because of an unstable PSU.

It all make sense now....

Im done with corsair power supplies - the K70 i got back now has 2 or 3 LEDs that are too dim to light up the keys - Im seriously not impressed. On top of that, I how have an issue with a PSU thats around 2 years old and NEVER been pushed to its limits.

I cant be arsed dealing with Corsair again for the K70 - I'll keep it and once all the LEDs die i'll get myself a ducky shine III or IV.

the shitty thing is ive now gotta wait until TUESDAY for a new fucking PSU because im working and YoYotech - one of the only stores in london i really trusted doesnt have a shop anymore since they went into administration.

I paid about £130 for this corsair PSU and im extremely disappointed

Oh well, speaking of 'Never Again's' I read a shit load of reviews and i bought a COrsair AX860 Platinum - scored 9.5 on TPU. I think i heard that they are made by enermax

Can't go wrong with a good enermax PSU :) corsair are good, but not the best of the best. Sometimes things just go wrong, no matter how well they're made. Look at @the54thvoid and his sea sonic psu which failed, nice psu came to an unfortunate end.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Actually its made by seasonic. Still pissed off that i wont be able to get it till tuesday. My laptop is woeful and cant handle a few tabs open in google chrome not to mention youtube videos just make the system laaaaaaag

Last edited:
System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Benchmark Scores d1nky@hwbot.org
my XFX unit had been flawless for around a year now, its been maxed out and i been overclocking loads with with it. Not once have i had a problem. But i just seen the super flower leadex platinum, all white and i think is gorgeous. May buy one after rebates :)

In other news, DPD are friggin useless. I had a bunch of problems getting some components delivered, got a corsair GS SSD that was dead just after arrival. didnt even get to install an OS. Scan gave me an RMA and collection and they went somewhere else after i complained and gave them simple instructions. So i went to maplin and paid extortionate price on sandisk SSD which was mis-sold as being faster than what it is! will be taking that back soon!

All i wanted to do is PCmark benches :(

And just ordered some more monsoon fittings, angles and hose etc for the VGA block from Rcoon (Thanking you) thatll be 5 or 6 cards on water being benched again! just need another cheapish pump and maybe other 360.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
well, the 3.3v rail on this 1050w is unstable - Ive decided to still run the PC but ive knocked the clocks back to stock and removed a 680 and my 16gigs of my expensive HyperX ram and put in the corsair 8gig 1600 kit Just incase worse case scenario happens and the PSU goes out with a bang. I should be able to ride out the storm since the total power draw for just browsing the interwebs is sitting at about 105w from mains. should be fine i hope

::edit::

Im tempted to remove my other 680 and put in a shittier card like a geforce 210 or amd 4350

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
my XFX unit had been flawless for around a year now, its been maxed out and i been overclocking loads with with it. Not once have i had a problem. But i just seen the super flower leadex platinum, all white and i think is gorgeous. May buy one after rebates :)

In other news, DPD are friggin useless. I had a bunch of problems getting some components delivered, got a corsair GS SSD that was dead just after arrival. didnt even get to install an OS. Scan gave me an RMA and collection and they went somewhere else after i complained and gave them simple instructions. So i went to maplin and paid extortionate price on sandisk SSD which was mis-sold as being faster than what it is! will be taking that back soon!

All i wanted to do is PCmark benches :(

And just ordered some more monsoon fittings, angles and hose etc for the VGA block from Rcoon (Thanking you) thatll be 5 or 6 cards on water being benched again! just need another cheapish pump and maybe other 360.

Funny, you're about the 6th person I've been told that ordered a Corsair GS and it's arrived dead. First person who told me lives locally, and I thought he was just a little out of luck, then a couple more people locally, and 2 fellas online said theirs arrived dead too. That's pretty crazy. My second rig has a Sandisk Extreme in it, it's OK, but nowhere near as good as the M500 or the EVO. After running that thing through benches and general use, I'm not sure I can recommend a Sandisk after using the M500's and my EVO. Hell, at work we have a Corsair Force 3, and that gets better scores than my Sandisk extreme :laugh:

Im tempted to remove my other 680 and put in a shittier card like a geforce 210 or amd 4350

Unfortunately I gave away both of my GTX 275's, otherwise I could have sent you one down :( Friend of mine has a spare 6770 in storage, could always ask him if you need a card to make it out until next week. Let me have a rummage, I've got some spare hardware knocking around, I'll take a look.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Da fuq?! im going to get my money back from both and get something else if thats the case. I was sold this 120gb sandisk as 550/510mbs which in fact its 550/340 (read/write) The corsair was on offer, and was going to get 2 for RAID to bench. But the first i got was dead so...

May just get a EVO, but rather RAID a couple inexpensive similar speed drives.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Funny, you're about the 6th person I've been told that ordered a Corsair GS and it's arrived dead. First person who told me lives locally, and I thought he was just a little out of luck, then a couple more people locally, and 2 fellas online said theirs arrived dead too. That's pretty crazy. My second rig has a Sandisk Extreme in it, it's OK, but nowhere near as good as the M500 or the EVO. After running that thing through benches and general use, I'm not sure I can recommend a Sandisk after using the M500's and my EVO. Hell, at work we have a Corsair Force 3, and that gets better scores than my Sandisk extreme :laugh:

Unfortunately I gave away both of my GTX 275's, otherwise I could have sent you one down :( Friend of mine has a spare 6770 in storage, could always ask him if you need a card to make it out until next week. Let me have a rummage, I've got some spare hardware knocking around, I'll take a look.

I had a sandisk extreme but gave it to my dad. His laptop only supports Sata II anyway so it was pointless giving him my plextor M5 or one of the 840 Evos i bought back.

As for the 275's - a powerful GPU isnt required at the moment as Im trying to keep the power draw as low as possible to avoid making the PSU deteriorate further. No gaming - only internet browsing and watching some 720-1080p encodes.

If the 3.3v rail spikes I could lose my CPU, mobo & ram - hence the reason for removing and swapping shit out. With that said - the 3930k was around £400 CPU back in the day and the mobo probably cost around £200.

If shit goes south I would lose a helluva system

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
I had a sandisk extreme but gave it to my dad. His laptop only supports Sata II anyway so it was pointless giving him my plextor M5 or one of the 840 Evos i bought back.

As for the 275's - a powerful GPU isnt required at the moment as Im trying to keep the power draw as low as possible to avoid making the PSU deteriorate further. No gaming - only internet browsing and watching some 720-1080p encodes.

If the 3.3v rail spikes I could lose my CPU, mobo & ram - hence the reason for removing and swapping shit out. With that said - the 3930k was around £400 CPU back in the day and the mobo probably cost around £160-180

Havent you got a maplins around you? I picked up a cougar 1000w PSU and my XFX from one for a reasonable price.

You can also return it for any reason within a month! Could help you out till ya new one arrives!

not worth running the risk, ive seen 3 PSU's blow out in my time. 2 fully loaded and 1 random (luckily no HW damaged) but your pc is a bit more pricey to risk it!

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
There
Havent you got a maplins around you? I picked up a cougar 1000w PSU and my XFX from one for a reasonable price.

You can also return it for any reason within a month! Could help you out till ya new one arrives!

not worth running the risk, ive seen 3 PSU's blow out in my time. 2 fully loaded and 1 random (luckily no HW damaged) but your pc is a bit more pricey to risk it!

There is but im working everyday till Tuesday. my pc will get powered on for an hour or 2 a day at the most.

I only need to wait another 3 days anyway. Chances are i'll just use my tablet for browsing the net or watching youtube so its gonna ok.

I dont wanna fuss about spending another £100 on a 850w cougar PSU putting it in then ripping it out to take it back for a refund when i already have a PSU on the way. I can wait 3 days.

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Display(s) Samsung S27D390H + Asus VE276Q | Headless
Case Fractal Design R5 | CM Elite 110
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 w/Otone Stilo 5.1 and Creative Fatal1ty headset
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850 G2| Corsair CX430M
Mouse Razer Imperator 2012
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Windows 7 SP1 X64 | Ubuntu 16.04LTS
How old is your corsair?
makes me think my Cheiftec 850w and my Thermaltake 850w need retirement at some point... they are like 2008-2009 purchases for me from memory

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
my sandsisk extreme does 550/400 and to use is better than the revo drive which claimed to be twice as fast

it is the ultra i think with is 550/500 i think, not the ex.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
i got the extremeII, im taking it back soon as scan refund me from corsair. might get an intel SSD and see what they are like.

If not then itll be a sammie!

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
ah!

didnt know they had released an ex 2... :eek:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
How old is your corsair?
makes me think my Cheiftec 850w and my Thermaltake 850w need retirement at some point... they are like 2008-2009 purchases for me from memory

Off the top of my head i think its around 3 years old. I bought it around the first wave of Z68 boards were just hitting the retailers. So youre looking around Q3 or Q4 of 2011.

Honestly - 3years for a PSU isnt that old.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
HAPPY EASTER ALL!

just hooked up a xbox controller to my pc and now playing racing games, roast din dins later! just need some beers!

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
HAPPY EASTER ALL!

just hooked up a xbox controller to my pc and now playing racing games, roast din dins later! just need some beers!

Cant talk.... Working.

On the other hand i get double rate today i think... Ill have more then enough to get a new asus pls monitor and maybe a new phone and not have to worry about how much i have for the rest of the month since ive done 3 or 4 days on double rate this month and i think theres more still to come

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well I just got a message from SCAN telling me that my order has been dispatched TODAY so i highly doubt the delivery will receive my new PSU in the next few hours. Nobody is home so im going to need to take a day off work :(

Fuck yes - I managed to get Wednesday off!! Last time i called them up about getting a day off they were really up in arms about it.