• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Launches Full Range of 9 Series Z97 and H97 Motherboards

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today launched their new 9 series motherboards based on the Intel Z97/H97 chipsets with support for 4th and 5th generation Intel Core processors.

"GIGABYTE is excited to launch 4 new series of motherboards for the Intel 9 series chipset, each offering a host of new and unique GIGABYTE features matched with GIGABYTE signature quality and durability," commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit. "Our 9 series motherboards also offer a future proof platform to our customers by supporting the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors including the soon to launch refresh and unlocked CPUs, as well as future 5th generation Intel Core processors, ensuring they will be able to take advantage of current and upcoming Intel technologies."

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Motherboards
GIGABYTE 9 series G1 gaming motherboards were designed to deliver top-notch features that matter most to gamers. From incorporating industry-leading GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio technologies that allow gamers and audiophiles to experience crisp, ultra sound effects while gaming and the richest possible sound experience while listening to their favorite music and movies, to ultra-fast onboard Gigabit LAN solutions from Killer and Intel, GIGABYTE G1 motherboards were designed for gamers that aren't satisfied with second best.

With a full range of top-to-bottom G1 gaming motherboards including the compact, yet powerful Z97N-Gaming 5 Mini-ITX motherboard, GIGABYTE has a gaming motherboard suited for any type of gamer, no matter what type of game they play. Featuring the distinctive G1 detailing and sexy new red and black styling, GIGABYTE G1 motherboards are sure to make gamers stand out from the horde.

GIGABYTE SOC (Super OverClocking) Motherboards
Following the success of the GIGABYTE Z87X-OC motherboard, the #1 most overclocked motherboard on HWBOT.org in 2013, GIGABYTE has unleashed 2 new Z97 chipset-based overclocking motherboards, the Z97X-SOC FORCE and Z97X-SOC. With a host of unique OC features and bleeding-edge hardware design, GIGABYTE 9 series overclocking motherboards will allow even novice users to 'Overclock Like a Pro'.

GIGABYTE Ultra Durable Black Edition Motherboards
As the undisputed leader of motherboard quality and durability, GIGABYTE has set out to show just how tough their motherboards are with the launch of their new Ultra Durable Black Edition motherboards. Each individual GIGABYTE Black Edition motherboard has undergone an extra 168 hours (7 days) of server-grade full system testing at our new state-of-the-art testing facility at the GIGABYTE Nanping, Taiwan factory to ensure every board delivers on its promise of Ultra Durability.

GIGABYTE Black Edition motherboard owners who register online and join the GIGABYTE Black Edition Members Club where they will receive exclusive member benefits including an additional 1 year warranty program for their motherboard.

GIGABYTE Ultra Durable Motherboards
GIGABYTE 9 series Ultra Durable motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ultimate platform for their next PC build. With features normally reserved for more expensive motherboards including the latest next generation transfer technologies such as SATA Express and M.2, exclusive high-end audio features advanced gaming networking, gold plated hardware connectors and killer good looks, GIGABYTE 9 series Ultra Durable motherboards are in a class of their own.

For more details regarding GIGABYTE 9 series motherboards, please go to:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/list.aspx?s=42&jid=0&p=2&v=31

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
nice looking boards and they look like pushing their audio seriously

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI x670e Tomahawk wifi
Cooling Artic Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill 32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 7900XTX 24 GB
Storage Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
Display(s) Alienware 3420DW 120 Freesync
Case LianLi Lancool III white non-rgb
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC
Power Supply Corsair Shift 1000W
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Benchmark Scores The second best!
That's a good amount of boards. In particular the GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK and GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK look to be real winners at $159 and $199.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Cool.

Though these days I would have liked to see a bit more form-factor variety. There's two ITX boards, one Z97 and H97. The Z97 does make for good ATX and mATX boards given it's ability to do x8/x8 and x8/x4/x4. But their H97 line-up is 3 ATX boards, 1 mATX and 1 ITX when it seems like it should be the other way around.

If your keyboard does not use an English layout, be careful with Gigabyte EasyTune software. It has built-in global shortcuts that are impossible to deactivate and will cause your computer to crash randomly, and will also invalidate several key combinations in you keyboard, like @, #, and €.

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Cool.

Though these days I would have liked to see a bit more form-factor variety. There's two ITX boards, one Z97 and H97. The Z97 does make for good ATX and mATX boards given it's ability to do x8/x8 and x8/x4/x4. But their H97 line-up is 3 ATX boards, 1 mATX and 1 ITX when it seems like it should be the other way around.

Gigabyte tends to add more variety after launch or when they release second revisions.

If your keyboard does not use an English layout, be careful with Gigabyte EasyTune software. It has built-in global shortcuts that are impossible to deactivate and will cause your computer to crash randomly, and will also invalidate several key combinations in you keyboard, like @, #, and €.

I've not heard of this issue, do you know if it can cause issues with mech keyoards?

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Those are some great looking boards, the gaming series reminds me of MSI's gaming series boards. Can't wait to see those new OC motherboard series of theirs, I wonder how much of an improvement will be had from the previous ones.

I've not heard of this issue, do you know if it can cause issues with mech keyoards?

Yes, it does, I myself have a mechanical Spanish keyboard, and I am suffering those issues. I sent a ticket to Gigabyte support, and after much quarreling they showed me the finger and told me that their products are catered to North American users.

The only option to not have random crashes is not to use the Easy Tune software, which is a shame, since I liked it very much. I am really pissed off, because the motherboard itself (GA-Z87X-UD5H) is brilliant and works perfectly, but if I had known before purchasing it, I would have chosen an Asus or MSI.

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Yes, it does, I myself have a mechanical Spanish keyboard, and I am suffering those issues. I sent a ticket to Gigabyte support, and after much quarreling they showed me the finger and told me that their products are catered to North American users.

The only option to not have random crashes is not to use the Easy Tune software, which is a shame, since I liked it very much. I am really pissed off, because the motherboard itself (GA-Z87X-UD5H) is brilliant and works perfectly, but if I had known before purchasing it, I would have chosen an Asus or MSI.

I would have never thought the oc software could wreck havoc on a keyboard, thanks for sharing.

I have a US ANSI 104 layout with English and Chinese characters so that's safe but trying a DVORAK keyboard maybe out of the question. Way to go Gigabyte...

I would have never thought the oc software could wreck havoc on a keyboard, thanks for sharing.

I have a US ANSI 104 layout with English and Chinese characters so that's safe but trying a DVORAK keyboard maybe out of the question. Way to go Gigabyte...

What is happening, apparently, is that EasyTune asigns ctrl+alt+(1-9) to some predefined profiles. Many non-english keyboards have a special key, "alt Gr" that is used in combination with other keys to provide special symbols, like @, |, € or #. That "alt Gr" key seems to be recognized as ctrl+alt, so when you use altGr+3 to type #, EasyTune thinks you are typing ctrl+alt+3 to set a profile.

The funniest thing is that is "feature" is completely obscure and they have not documented it at all, neither in the manual, or in their site, so nobody really uses it knowingly, specially since there is no way to know what profile sets each key combination. So they are screwing many European users without granting any significant benefit to their loved north American users that mostly ignore the feature.

The nail in the coffin is that one (or maybe several) of those profiles is bugged and causes a windows crash after a few seconds of being activated. It was really a b*tch troubleshooting the issue, I was simply browsing or writing and suddenly the computer would hang and not respond at all, having to force a reboot. After many days doing many things (including 2 complete windows reinstallations) I had an insight. The computer would crash right after trying to write an email, when my long time habit to press altGr+2 for @ activated whatever profile, and a few seconds later the computer would stop working.

Anyway, long story short, I had to uninstall EasyTune. Which I liked very much. And of course, I will never buy a gigabyte product again. Not because of the bug, but because of their deplorable customer support.