• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo Technologies Presents Memory Channel Storage at EMC World

Diablo Technologies today announced that it will present on Memory Channel Storage (MCS) at EMC World 2014 in Las Vegas. Experts at Diablo will demonstrate the performance of MCS-based devices for virtualized environments in the VMware Theatre on May 7 at 4:15 p.m. PDT.

According to TechNavio, the global enterprise server virtualization market will grow 32 percent over the period 2010-2014. With the increasing adoption of virtualized computing, the need for higher I/O throughput and capacity has reached an important turning point. Traditionally, storage architectures have been unable to leverage the vast processing capabilities of modern CPUs. As a result, the number of virtual machines (VMs) that can be serviced on a single physical server is limited by the properties of pre-existing storage solutions. By leveraging the parallelism of the memory subsystem, Diablo's MCS technology enables ultra-low response times to VMs while simultaneously servicing heavy I/O workloads.

"We are honored to have been given the opportunity to present on Memory Channel Storage at EMC World," said Riccardo Badalone, CEO and Co-founder of Diablo Technologies. "By using MCS technology in conjunction with VMware solutions, enterprises can maximize storage performance to enable consistent application response-times for highly dynamic virtualized environments. We look forward to showcasing this disruptive technology to the attendees of EMC World 2014."

With the MCS architecture, server and storage virtualization, as well as VDI are serviced with a high degree of efficiency. MCS allows more VMs per host compared to leading PCI Express architectures. As a result, customers using MCS-based devices can scale at a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). With MCS, applications can immediately access larger data sets, perform faster analytics, and service more users than ever before. IT managers deploying VDI can be assured of deterministic response times for virtual machines, providing superior end-user experience. MCS technology is compatible with VMware vSphere and can be found within the online VMware Solution Exchange (VSX) at: https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/products/memory-channel-storage-mcs.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Prime Shiz
Processor Intel i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.31v
Motherboard MSI Z97A Gaming 6
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz 16GB @ 2200 CL10
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1070 GAMING X 8GB
Storage Crucial BX100 250GB, Corsair Force 3 240GB, Crucial BX100 500GB
Display(s) Asus VS24AH-P
Case Silverstone Fortress FT02 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
Mouse Mionix Naos 3200
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK reds
Diablo? Good lord I haven't seen that name since the DDR2 glory days!