• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Galaxy Launches its Gamer Series Graphics Cards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Galaxy launched its "Gamer" line of performance-segment graphics cards. The two were first unveiled in December 2013. The series, for now, includes two models, the GeForce GTX 760 Gamer, and the GeForce GTX 770 Gamer. Both cards appear to be based on a common board design, which uses a custom-design PCB featuring a 7-phase VRM that draws power from a combination of 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors; and a dual-slot cooling solution with an aluminium fin-stack heatsink that's ventilated by a pair of 80 mm fans. Both cards offer a 5 to 10 percent factory overclock. For now, the two are launched only in the Greater China region.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Because graphic cards are in general designed for everyone but gamers. That's like advertising a firdge as "Desigend for cooling". No shit, really?

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Because graphic cards are in general designed for everyone but gamers. That's like advertising a firdge as "Desigend for cooling". No shit, really?

Advertising for the Asian market is quite different to our usual western PR.

Processor Intel® Celeron® Processor G1101
Motherboard Supermicro® MBD-C7SIM-Q-B
Memory 8 GB Silicon Power SP004GBLTU133N02/W02
Video Card(s) Sapphire FirePro™ 2270 + AMD Radeon™ HD 8740
Storage 1000 GB Toshiba P300 HDWD110UZSVA
Display(s) 29" LG 29UM57-P
Case Chieftec LBX-02B-U3
Power Supply 650W XFX XXX Edition (P1-650X-XXB9)
Software Windows Server 2016
Advertising for the Asian market is quite different to our usual western PR.
Could you make, like, a list of reasons? Don't get me wrong, but every time I see products targeted at Asian market I either feel ashamed or have a good laugh. Why is it so? Their English is hilariously bad (because it's so hard to find a native speaker and ask him to help with all the DTP/Documenting stuff), the way they decorate the boxes (anime characters, like Inno3D or Galaxy did, I don't quite remember, and other crazy stuff)...

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Could you make, like, a list of reasons? Don't get me wrong, but every time I see products targeted at Asian market I either feel ashamed or have a good laugh. Why is it so? Their English is hilariously bad (because it's so hard to find a native speaker and ask him to help with all the DTP/Documenting stuff), the way they decorate the boxes (anime characters, like Inno3D or Galaxy did, I don't quite remember, and other crazy stuff)...

From what I can tell (I'm not expert), they don't have many GPU options available at all, only the low to midrange GPU's, and they're all rather expensive. They are all pretty much identically priced, so the market is pretty tough. Due to this, it seems like they try extremely hard with their marketing to make themselves more desirable to their customers. As for the english, it doesn't matter, because that's not the PR that gets sent out to their Asian customers.

They come up with some really crazy designs. Just look at the Colorful iGame for example.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
From what I can tell (I'm not expert), they don't have many GPU options available at all, only the low to midrange GPU's, and they're all rather expensive. They are all pretty much identically priced, so the market is pretty tough. Due to this, it seems like they try extremely hard with their marketing to make themselves more desirable to their customers. As for the english, it doesn't matter, because that's not the PR that gets sent out to their Asian customers.

They come up with some really crazy designs. Just look at the Colorful iGame for example.

well I dont know about other Asian countries but in Hong Kong where Galaxy & HiS are based we had a lot of high-end hardware available.

Unfortunately for the people who reside in HK, the grind is very real - average wage is about 30HKD which works out to £2.20p/h. If youre lucky you find a job that pays 37HKD (£2.81) and while there are quite a few of those jobs - its literally slavery, they will work you like a dog for what little money they pay you and you will work 12-14hr shifts because overtime and they will ask you to work weekends too - Its like selling your soul to the devil.

However, if youre not a student, got a decent education and apply for a 'real job' working in a bank or something that requires you to wear a suit and work in an office in a building made out of marble. then you wont really have to worry.

rent is ok - not terrible but some landlords can be quite bad and up the price because theres a huge problem in HK with the population outgrowing the resources of the land. Theres not enough land to build housing and prices for apartments have tripled if not quadrupled and landlords who bought apartments before the massive price hike exploit it and charge people out of the ass for rent. Its OK if you cant afford to pay the amount theyre demanding per month because there are probably thousands of others that can.

Otherwise food is cheap, public transport is cheap, Income tax is up to 15% (im not sure of the exact rate) but there is no VAT in HK unlike the UK and that can save LOADS of money.

If i was to build a system here in the UK for £800. at least £200 or so would be VAT which is beyond ridiculous

Technology isnt cheap however and the prices have seriously gone up over the years. At the moment theres about £20 difference between the MSI r9 290X

High-end parts are available but its a real struggle to buy them unless you got a 'real job' and im not talking about working in Mc d's or being a waiter/waitress, retail assistant or supermarket assistant.

£2.81p/h. after all the regular living costs are deducted does not amount to a whole lot of disposable income.

I get paid 3 or 4 times as much but im still bitching when I pay £400 per graphic card and i didnt even need to put in some serious grind like they did.

The folk there will put in some serious hours though, and working there can be quite volatile, If you dont like what you do and leave the job, they will have thousands that will apply for the vacancy.

I get sick of working 45hr weeks - The people over there average 60-80hrs per week if not more if they arent studying.

Just because the price of hardware is high, doesnt stop people from putting in the extra hours to afford it, though, they might be very few and far inbetween,

Ive never met ANYONE with a PC like mine in HK but the shops are still selling high-end parts so there must still be a market for them.