• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New GTX TITAN-Z Launch Details Emerge

Yea it was pretty apparent they were all set to go but held off and are trying to rethink their strategy. The 295x2 at half the price and temp (not literally on temp but cooler then normal) really put a damper on them.

I don't get this fascination over the AIO system on 295x2. It's dissipating nearly 500W of heat through a single radiator, the temps and noise are piss-poor by "real water" standard. And after going through all the trouble of getting a liquid system the VRM is still left out of the loop and gets very hot.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
I don't get this fascination over the AIO system on 295x2. It's dissipating nearly 500W of heat through a single radiator, the temps and noise are piss-poor by "real water" standard. And after going through all the trouble of getting a liquid system the VRM is still left out of the loop and gets very hot.
What do you mean, because all I have heard is that the temps stay in the low 60's and in fact this example says it never exceeded 62C so im not sure why your saying the temps are bad. As far as noise goes, if your considering this loud I do not understand the problem. Most cards seem to run much louder than that in general.

Its not the most graceful thing on the planet for sure, but it gets the job done and to me is the best dual GPU card that has come out yet to date (Reference mind you).

Here is a Thermal Imager that showed the VRM's hitting about 70 under load.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_295x2_review,14.html

Last edited:
What do you mean, because all I have heard is that the temps stay in the low 60's and in fact this example says it never exceeded 62C so im not sure why your saying the temps are bad. As far as noise goes, if your considering this loud I do not understand the problem. Most cards seem to run much louder than that in general.

Its not the most graceful thing on the planet for sure, but it gets the job done and to me is the best dual GPU card that has come out yet to date (Reference mind you).

Here is a Thermal Imager that showed the VRM's hitting about 70 under load.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_295x2_review,14.html

It's only great by air standard because video card coolers have always been limited greatly by space and form factor. It would do so much better with a full cover block or at least put the VRM in the loop and use a fat dual rad. This half-assed el cheapo solution only wows the uninitiated. I know that sounds elitist but that's how it is.

It's only great by air standard because video card coolers have always been limited greatly by space and form factor. It would do so much better with a full cover block or at least put the VRM in the loop and use a fat dual rad. This half-assed el cheapo solution only wows the uninitiated. I know that sounds elitist but that's how it is.

Refence design has to accomidate most users

EK Water Blocks Unveils its Radeon R9 295X2 Full-Coverage Blocks

I'm sure there will be a block for Titan Z if its ever released.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Im really confused because your calling this system "cheap" (Well and some other choice words) but I do not understand what you are referencing to. I would say every other dual GPU card has had a much cheaper cooler than before this so I can't really say this is a worse cooler than all the previous models. On top of that, this is just a hybrid cooler which is getting popularity and work very well for what they do. Plus this keeps the temps well low enough without resulting to extreme speeds and noise while also allowing for plenty of overclocking headroom for a dual GPU card so I fail to see the problem. Using a full cover block is very expensive on its own not including a thick radiator and pump system to go with it.

Im really confused because your calling this system "cheap" (Well and some other choice words) but I do not understand what you are referencing to. I would say every other dual GPU card has had a much cheaper cooler than before this so I can't really say this is a worse cooler than all the previous models. On top of that, this is just a hybrid cooler which is getting popularity and work very well for what they do. Plus this keeps the temps well low enough without resulting to extreme speeds and noise while also allowing for plenty of overclocking headroom for a dual GPU card so I fail to see the problem. Using a full cover block is very expensive on its own not including a thick radiator and pump system to go with it.

Because I'm looking at it from a watercooling point of view. Asetek pumps are extremely weak, their radiators are made of aluminum, the coolant is full of glycol: none of these are acceptable in the watercooling scene. AMD just slapped two pump/block units on it. Not even a simple VRM block because Asetek don't make them. Dual rads are literally 10 bucks more than a single and with a full cover block(presumably 3rd party ones bought at wholesale pricing) you don't need all the extra heatsinks, only one pump and simpler final assembly, the price increase would be something like 60, 70 dollars, virtually nothing for someone buying a $1500 video card. It's the water equivalent of stock CPU cooler: hot, loud and cheaply made. Think about it, you are using a single 120mm radiator to dissipate 500 watts of heat when even Asetek themselves are selling duals for CPUs, the fan needs to be working overtime to keep it under throttle temperature. Compare that to custom watercooling, 500W would warrant a fat quad rad but the fans would be blowing at something like 1500rpm and have far better temperatures.