• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

neosporin

Newer games like Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online are borderless windowed, with no way to force fullscreen. Since this causes crashes in windowed mode, you can't really use it for some newer games that don't include a strictly fullscreen mode (for whatever reason).

Hopefully the developer can fix the issue of windowed mode crashing, or else this tool could run the risk of becoming obsolete as newer games go with a more multi-taskable approach :(

edit: also doesn't seem to work for d3d11 and opengl

Last edited:

e-ghost

Different SLI can solve your problem
i'm also using Quadro(K6000) on Win7; but i'm not sure WinXP64
anyway, i have no problem until now^^

1) Install Hyper SLI (follow Hyper SLI install procedure)

2) Install 327.23 WHQL

3) install 327.23 Different SLI (Ember did)
4) you can see SLI Option in NVCPL :toast:

I am now trying to convert a GTX470-SLI system into VMware ESXi and passthrough the two GTX470 for native 3D gaming support. I know GTX470 cannot passthrough ESXi unless softmod to Quadro 5000 and I did already. Now I found GeForce SLI compatible doesn't mean it can Quadro SLI also. I see HyperSLI may able to enable Quadro SLI. But will it able to run in virtualized environment as well?

Thanks a lot!

Super-noob here, at least as far as the subject of this thread is concerned.

Quick question, not desperate, just curious and semi-keen...

Still running WinXP SP3 x86 here :-( for another few months until I can afford to build a new rig.
I've scored a couple of OEM 9500GTs, and found a bridge cable. Mainboard is an ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe, 790FX chipset. This is a half-baked effort for me, certainly not do or die.

I've only learned today that I could possibly run SLI on this board with the help of something like SLIPatch or HyperSLI, and it's my understanding that I need modded drivers, but the only XP drivers in the "modded drivers" directory are for x64.

Am I wasting my time and yours? Or is there a way forward for me? Tried to install HyperSLI without the modded drivers, and probably predictably I was getting BSODS until I uninstalled HyperSLI and reinstalled the original drivers.

Thanks for any pointers!

googleandroid

I have a NVIDIA built GTX 660ti. I was in Dayton OH over the weekend for the Ham Radio Convention, and picked up a second one for $100. I get home and realize my mobo doesn't support SLI, only Crossfire. My motherboard is an MSI Z68A-G43(G3). I have tried using HyperSLI versions 0.96 and 1.0, along with a few different sets of NVIDIA drivers. No matter what I do, I cannot get SLI settings to appear in the control panel. I have tested the second card on it's own and it works fine. I have virtualization enabled. Anything I can try to get this working?

Last edited:

e-ghost

Another question. If I enabled HyperSLI (say, only my Win7 x64 host), I can I still run VMware workstation on that machine? I found all my VMs will have problem after enabled......

neosporin

HyperSLI appears to no longer work with the newer Nvidia drivers? Works fine when I downgrade, though.

Looks like the OP has been offline for a few months now, is it safe to say this is the beginning of the end?

Last edited:

Burden_of_Hugs

I tried my hand on the WHQL 337.88 driver released by Nvidia today. It would appear that it does not work with HyperSLI. The last driver I can get to work with HyperSLI is 335. Am I correct to presume that HyperSLI will no longer be supported from here on out for newer drivers?

Burden_of_Hugs

Wal-Mart sold an early copy of Watch Dogs. While the game supposedly has native sli support, without the 337 driver (which supposedly optimizes sli for the game), I'm getting abysmal framerates with two GTX 660's and an AMD FX 8350. I'm lucky to hit 24 fps at most even on medium settings. I attempted some tweaking with NvInspector without any luck as well.

I would help crowdfund support for more HyperSLI support for newer drivers if it was available. I really don't want to have to upgrade my motherboard.....

System Name Cooler Master Elite (case name)
Processor Amd 1090T X6 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
Cooling oversize fans
Memory 16 gigs ddr3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 - nvidia gtx 560's sli 2 gigs each video memory
Storage 6 - terabytes sata
Display(s) samsung syncmaster 2330 hd monitor
Case coolermaster elite
Audio Device(s) realtek on-board
Power Supply coolermaster 1000 watts
Software windows 7 64- bit enterprise
Benchmark Scores not available at this time.
I can confirm that the drivers released today don't work with hypersli, I had to go back to 335 drivers, is there some way to
get the sources for this project? If so, someone else could try to take over this project, otherwise, we're stuck with
the 335 drivers unless you want to go to a single board for video and the other board for physics.

Oom_Kalamari

I have a NVIDIA built GTX 660ti. I was in Dayton OH over the weekend for the Ham Radio Convention, and picked up a second one for $100. I get home and realize my mobo doesn't support SLI, only Crossfire. My motherboard is an MSI Z68A-G43(G3). I have tried using HyperSLI versions 0.96 and 1.0, along with a few different sets of NVIDIA drivers. No matter what I do, I cannot get SLI settings to appear in the control panel. I have tested the second card on it's own and it works fine. I have virtualization enabled. Anything I can try to get this working?

I know you have a MSI board, and I have an Asus P8P67, but maybe the in-bios settings will be similar. My SLI did't work as well, but I found the following:
Advanced
Onboard devices configuration
PCI Express x16_2 slot (black) bandwidth
Auto/4.0.0.0. x 4
You have to select 4.0.0.0. x 4.

It will tell you that it will disable PCIEx1 and some other nonsense for bandwidth, but this will make it work.

Oom_Kalamari

I tried my hand on the WHQL 337.88 driver released by Nvidia today. It would appear that it does not work with HyperSLI. The last driver I can get to work with HyperSLI is 335. Am I correct to presume that HyperSLI will no longer be supported from here on out for newer drivers?

335.23 were the last driver to work with HyperSLI
337.50 beta - NOT WORKING
337.88 - NOT WORKING

Im willing to make a donation to the HyperSLI team if they get it to work.
I know I can buy a SLI certified motherboard, but don't want to backup/reinstall everything!!

Oom_Kalamari

Another question. If I enabled HyperSLI (say, only my Win7 x64 host), I can I still run VMware workstation on that machine? I found all my VMs will have problem after enabled......

I get n blue screen if I try to run Virtual PC's with virtualization technology enabled. But I turned it off and HyperSLI runs in software mode. Virtual PC's works 100% again and I didn't notice any frame drop in Battlefield 4 of any lagspikes.

Oom_Kalamari

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, so bear with me :)
So I have an ASUS Z-87 C motherboard, two identical GTX 560 ti's from ASUS (direct CU II TOP 1GB) and i5 4670k @ stock. My motherboard doesn't support SLI; only crossfire, so this HyperSLI seemed like a miracle from heaven. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work.
Here's what I've done: Put both of my GTX 560 ti's in to the PC and after that installed the newest drivers. After that I connected the GPUs with SLI-bridge. I have disabled UAC and enabled Intel Virtualization technology. I've disabled even USB 3.0 I think. I've installed every single version of HyperSLi and SLIPatch, none of them have worked.
HyperSLI 1.0 for example states "Hypervisor enabled" "Hypervisor works properly" And it's on Hardware. And yet there isn't SLI option in NVIDIA control panel. I tried to get it to work 6 hours yesterday and 3 hours today, but the SLI option hasn't shown up yet. Also, I have tested 5 different NVIDIA drivers, but still no SLI-option. My cards have different BIOS-files, but that shouldn't matter, correct?
I don't have any idea what I should be doing. Please help me, I'm clueless :(
Advanced
Onboard devices configuration
PCI Express x16_2 slot (black) bandwidth
Auto/4.0.0.0. x 4
You have to select 4.0.0.0. x 4.

It will tell you that it will disable PCIEx1 and some other nonsense for bandwidth, but this will make it work.

arede

337.88 - NOT WORKING

I know I can buy a SLI certified motherboard, but don't want to backup/reinstall everything!!
this

System Name 7754LIF3
Processor C2Q QX9770 @ 4Ghz 1,37v
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X48
Cooling NZXT Kraken X60 + Fusion Block
Memory 4 x 4Gb DDR3 GSkill @ 1688Mhz
Video Card(s) Quad-SLI GTX590 Zotac HyperSLI v1.0 W7 & Different SLI W8.1
Storage 4 X 1TB WD Black Raid0
Display(s) 3 x SyncMaster 203B 20" Nvidia Surround 4200X1050@60hz
Case MIH CASE
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX X-Fi
Power Supply EnerMax MaxRevo 1500W
Software Windows 7 / 8.1 Up1. x64
337.88 - NOT WORKING

I am also willing to pay to help make a new patch.

Processor Intel Core i5 4570
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Kingston ValueRAM CL9 1333MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTS450OC-1GL
Storage 1TB WD Black + 1.5TB WD Black + Kingston V300 120GB
Display(s) T200HD
Case Delux MZ401
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Enermax NAXN 500W
Software Windows 8 Pro x64
They fiddled something with the virtualization in the latest Beta and WHQL. Maybe it was targeted at breaking this intentionally. I know for a fact that on machines with Hyper-V enabled the 337.50 didnt install at all, and it needed a hotfix to run. As far as i know Hypersli is based on some virtualization, to trick the driver. Now they made it unable to be tricked anymore, for people to buy costlier GPUs instead of SLI some older gen cards. The developer will need a whole new method for implementing HyperSLI, or find a way to disable this thing in the drivers.

System Name 7754LIF3
Case MIH CASE
Hi, I have 2 questions, virtualization has something to do with dsdt? I edited dsdt bios sli with the original code, any way to make the driver work?

System Name 7754LIF3
Case MIH CASE

With 337.88 after trying Vanderpool Tech. Disable and Hypersli software mode: No hope.

With 335.23 and V-tech disable, Hypersli in software mode works well in W8.1 x64.

The nVidia green guys don't want more hypersli, are tired of making money and not want people to buy its graphics. Another explanation?