• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Announces its New Free Software Utility, CAM

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Upgrading, managing and maintaining all of the components inside a computer can be a daunting task for both new builders and veterans alike. Over the years, computer hardware has advanced rapidly and as a result, monitoring software has become increasingly complex. CAM changes all of that as the first hardware monitoring software designed specifically to provide the best user experience possible. A beautifully simple interface combined with an interactive feature set provides an effortless approach to maintaining your computer.

Giving a modern refresh to antiquated monitoring methods, CAM offers the ability to sync your data to the cloud, allowing you to access your data and control CAM from anywhere using your mobile device. More than just a piece of software, CAM is a companion you can trust. With its all-encompassing approach to PC health, CAM actively monitors and tracks all of the important PC statistics ranging from network speeds, storage space, component temperatures, load usage over time and much more.

CAM also offers a proactive approach to PC health by notifying you of issues long before they become big problems. It is the first monitoring software to provide meaningful notifications in real-time about things such as suggested upgrades, critical issues, malfunctioning hardware and more. CAM is a big step in NZXT's long-term goal of contributing to the growth and development of the DIY building community. You can certainly expect big things to follow, perhaps sooner than you think!

For more information, visit this page

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
I think you've PR'd too soon (@NZXT). I just went to the website to download and install this interesting tool for an iOS app to monitor the PC, only to be greeted with "coming soon".

PR fail.

NZXT_Tuna

I think you've PR'd too soon (@NZXT). I just went to the website to download and install this interesting tool for an iOS app to monitor the PC, only to be greeted with "coming soon".

PR fail.

Yes, unfortunately the approval process on the iOS store takes a bit of time. But the app is 100% ready and will be available for download as soon as it clears the App Store processes. In the meantime, the desktop app is available now for free. :)

As an owner of the H440, I'd love to see this as a way to manipulate the integrated fan controller (although I believe that fan controller circumvents the motherboard connections - please correct me if I am wrong).

Without being home to test this, would you say it offers similar features to ASUS' AI Suite? In the description, I see this offers tools to monitor system specs, but does it also give access to manipulate these specs?

Processor i7 4770K
Motherboard EVGA z87 Classified
Cooling Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory HyperX 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX 980 KPE
Storage 1 SSD + 1TB HD
Case Corsair 450D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Power Supply Corsair AX760i
Mouse G502 PROTEUS CORE
Keyboard Vortex POKER II
Yes, unfortunately the approval process on the iOS store takes a bit of time. But the app is 100% ready and will be available for download as soon as it clears the App Store processes. In the meantime, the desktop app is available now for free. :)
I am really liking this idea of having a tool to monitor your computer while you are away. As a avid foldling@home user, I can use this to monitor my computer temps. As for the Android version, it currently says Coming in June. If the app is ready, why not make the APK available for download?

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
Why all the hate?
June is only a couple days away.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
This sounds interesting but I have windows phone.

This sounds interesting but I have windows phone.

You approached the old man.

"But choose wisely, for while the true Smartphones will bring you Apps, the false Smartphones will take them from you."

You looked around. You saw the humble, simple designs of the Android smartphones with their bajillions of apps. You looked at the illustrious rounded corners and black on silver of the iPhones with their carefully curated sets of apps.

And then you looked at the garrish, BRIGHT, LOUD smartphones over off in the corner. When you swiped on them, you were like, "WOW! Fisher Price color scheme! This must be great!" Forgetting the old man's words, you didn't bother to look for apps or look to see when something was advertised as having an app, did that include a Windows Phone version?

You trotted up to the Old Man and you gave that brightly colored smartphone to him. "This one's pretty!" you exclaimed. He sighed and looked at you with just a twinge of sadness. Activating it, he handed it back to you.

Looking down at your smartphone, you went immediately to the App Store and realized the horrible truth. By comparison, there are so few apps as to be ironic. That's when you rushed through various sites and found that every time something was announced with apps, only Android and iOS were advertised as having an app. Contorting, your face screamed and you ran weeping out of the cave.

Turning to the next person, the old man shook his head wearily. "He chose... poorly," he said with the briefest of inclines of his head in the direction of your screaming.

This cannot be the first time you realized having a Windows Phone was going to make you miss out on (yet) an(other) app. I don't know why you'd keep looking at articles about apps if you have a Windows Phone. You're just torturing yourself now.

Just go be happy with... well, Metro. You chose a phone that doesn't get many official apps and certainly doesn't get ones that are well maintained for very long.

Processor Intel i7 6700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Nocuta nh-d14
Memory Patriot 16GB
Video Card(s) Gibabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Storage (system) Corsair 120GB Force GT, (games) 500GB 840, (data) Seagate 1TB Barracuda + WD 1TB Black
Display(s) AOC AG271QG
Case NZXT Phantom
Power Supply Corsair ax1200i
Mouse g502
Keyboard G710+
Software Win10

Hey Tuna. Any chance for a Win Phone app ?

NZXT_Tuna

Hey Tuna. Any chance for a Win Phone app ?

We're working on perfecting the iOS and Android apps first. After that it's hard to say, but we are considering a mobile friendly web-app that'll allow you to use CAM on any phone or computer (so long as it's installed and running on the linked computer you'd like to monitor)

Shodoman

You approached the old man.

"But choose wisely, for while the true Smartphones will bring you Apps, the false Smartphones will take them from you."

You looked around. You saw the humble, simple designs of the Android smartphones with their bajillions of apps. You looked at the illustrious rounded corners and black on silver of the iPhones with their carefully curated sets of apps.

And then you looked at the garrish, BRIGHT, LOUD smartphones over off in the corner. When you swiped on them, you were like, "WOW! Fisher Price color scheme! This must be great!" Forgetting the old man's words, you didn't bother to look for apps or look to see when something was advertised as having an app, did that include a Windows Phone version?

You trotted up to the Old Man and you gave that brightly colored smartphone to him. "This one's pretty!" you exclaimed. He sighed and looked at you with just a twinge of sadness. Activating it, he handed it back to you.

Looking down at your smartphone, you went immediately to the App Store and realized the horrible truth. By comparison, there are so few apps as to be ironic. That's when you rushed through various sites and found that every time something was announced with apps, only Android and iOS were advertised as having an app. Contorting, your face screamed and you ran weeping out of the cave.

Turning to the next person, the old man shook his head wearily. "He chose... poorly," he said with the briefest of inclines of his head in the direction of your screaming.

This cannot be the first time you realized having a Windows Phone was going to make you miss out on (yet) an(other) app. I don't know why you'd keep looking at articles about apps if you have a Windows Phone. You're just torturing yourself now.

Just go be happy with... well, Metro. You chose a phone that doesn't get many official apps and certainly doesn't get ones that are well maintained for very long.

Nice story. You clearly are app oriented, you should try a PC with internet, you will be amazed, i guarantee it.
How much time did you spend on a Windows Phone?...you know, so that we can figure out if your opinion is relevant or not.