• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Radeon R9 270X GAMING 2G ITX Launched

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MSI's all new R9 270X GAMING 2G ITX is the latest addition to the MSI GAMING line-up and a perfect companion to the latest Intel and AMD Mini-ITX motherboards. At just 17 centimeters the card is fully featured and surprisingly cool and silent given its size and performance. This is thanks to the MSI RADAX fan solution, a true Hybrid Radial/Axial fan that combines the best of both worlds and reduces temperatures up to 30%. This is one of the consistent elements of MSI's GAMING Graphics Cards which all give you more performance while reducing temperatures and noise.

The new MSI GAMING App allows you to instantly overclock your MSI GAMING Graphics Card and MSI GAMING Motherboards, while you can video capture and stream in high quality with XSplit Gamecaster and MSI Predator. Military Class 4 components provide excellent stability and lifetime and the RADAX fan keeps your card running at low noise and full speed all day. The MSI R9 270X GAMING 2G ITX, combined with a variety of MSI GAMING motherboards in Mini-ITX provide a unique, rich gaming experience optimized for today's online and socialized gaming world while offering amazing thermal and acoustic performance in the mini-ITX form factor.

Use XSplit Gamecaster for all your game streaming
Launch XSplit Gamecaster and then the game of your choice. Then, hit CTRL + TAB to bring up the in-game overlay allowing users to start live streaming or recording your gameplay with the click of a button.

Organize and upload your greatest gaming moments
XSplit Gamecaster makes it easy to sort through and manage your recorded gameplay footage. You can even upload your videos to YouTube and easily share them across your favorite social networks all through the application.

Draw on the screen with in-game annotations
The built-in annotation feature enables you to draw and highlight selected parts of the gameplay. Combine this feature with a replay file or join a game as observer and you have the perfect setup to become a professional caster. It is a useful tool to explain the strategies and use drawings to highlight your commentary.

Show your game face
With XSplit Gamecaster it's easier than ever to add your cam whether live streaming or recording. Simply bring up the in-game overlay, activate the camera, resize and position it anywhere to fit your current game. You can also try activating Chroma Key and making your broadcast look even more immersive using a green screen transparency effect.

Share your broadcast and conquer the world
XSplit Gamecaster has been built from the ground up to natively support streaming to Twitch, UStream and YouTube Live making it easier than ever to join your favorite community and share your gameplay with the world. Thanks to full integration throughout the application, XSplit Gamecaster offers a faster, leaner and more streamlined way of interacting with your audience to ensure that each and every one of your broadcasts stands out from the crowd.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
just using mini itx board, this graphic card in small case. looks sweeet enough

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
I like it. My next rig will probably be a mini-itx.

When I first looked at this I skipped over that it's a 270X!
Working the one 8-pin and the TDP reduced by 10% odd they had to do that? Could be nice to Cross-Fire these in an ITX build. Will be interesting to see this and MSI’ GTX 760 Gaming ITX vying one another. It appears MSI has used the same vapor/cooler, while I didn’t see a TDP for the 760IXT, the GK104 of the 760 is normally a 170W. While yes a the 760IXT should have leg-up in FPS, perf/watts should be better with a 270X, and while a 760ITX can offer the ability to Quad-SLI, how may ITX mobo’s offer that?

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Could be nice to Cross-Fire these in an ITX build.
How? The ITX boards have only one PCI-E slot.

How? The ITX boards have only one PCI-E slot.
Right you are... I was mistaken got caught up in the whole "title of this piece" as GAMING 2G ITX Lauched! Should've been saying micro-ATX.

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Right you are... I was mistaken got caught up in the whole "title of this piece" as GAMING 2G ITX Lauched! Should've been saying micro-ATX.

There-in lies the conundrum no one has yet to address: a matx board doesn't require a freakin card less than 7 inches long. Mini-itx cases large-enough for a single full-height card often have length for a reasonable-length card built into the design. Micro-atx is the the smallest thing to support dual-gpu but often that is a cluster because the layout doesn't really support it unless you don't use other components because it is literally *just* big enough to get everything on there. I have seriously considered dual gpu only to decide I don't want a pc completely jammed full of a solid block of heat with minimal air movement.

I don't need a 295x2x2 setup, but it sure would be nice if someone could custom build a pcb for a faster card than than 270x/760 and essentially make them the same length as the later (9.5 inches).

I see big cards for normal builds, I see tiny cards for itx builds (even though many cases are laid out for a long single card) which shrink the length from approx 9.5->6.7 (this and the mini 760 from asus/msi), but I don't see any higher-end cards that are made for the approx. length of the m-atx form-factor (244mm, or roughly 9.6 inches) or a case similar in size to av/dvr units, which is ridiculous to me...not even a 7870xt/7950/280/680 which is only an inch longer on the stock pcb. I cannot be the only one with this grievance as I still think this is the most realistic small size for a gaming pc/real htpc.

I totally understand that is the point of 270x/760-level cards (to jam as much as possible into that form factor/tdp), and nobody apparently wants to take the chance on a that small of radiator/fan setup and 200w-225 tdp, but still...please...somebody...make something happen.

No? Okay, guess I'll keep sitting on my hands until the next gen (and consider dual gpu again).

Welcome to the 1st world problems of SFF. :banghead:

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Be nice to see this motherfucker for sale.

The GTX 760 (other MSI ITX card) seems to hold a slight lead in most games, but the 270X might be priced so well that it's not worth it. And who knows, maybe Mantle has a future.