• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EIZO Introduces FORIS FS2434 Gaming Monitor with 6 mm Ultra-Slim Frame

EIZO Corporation today announced the FORIS FS2434, a 23.8-inch gaming monitor with a slim 6 mm frame. The FORIS FS2434 also offers vivid display of color and EIZO-developed "Smart" technologies for more enjoyable gaming. The monitor is ideal for RTS, MOBA, and MMORPG genres of PC gaming as well as console game genres of all types.

The 6 mm frame (2 mm bezel and 4 mm border at the edges of the LCD panel) along the sides and top of the monitor create almost seamless viewing in a multi-monitor environment for a more immersive gaming experience. Colors remain vibrant with little change in contrast even when looking at the screen from an angle due to the IPS (in-plane switching) LCD panel and its 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angle. Input lag is an extremely low 0.05 frames so there is no delay between the time a signal is input into the monitor and shown on the screen.

Like previous FORIS FS monitors, the FORIS FS2434 is equipped with three of EIZO's own Smart technologies to improve visibility and clarity.
  • Smart Insight 2 - Available with the "Game" preset mode, this feature identifies dark areas of an image and increases brightness to make it simpler to spot enemies in the shadows. With the FORIS FS2434, Smart Insight 2 now also enhances saturation for greater contrast between characters in a game and the background.
  • Smart Resolution - super-resolution technology that analyzes an image for noise and blurring and then corrects the blur without accentuating the noise. This feature is "Smart" because it adjusts only those areas where it is needed.
  • Smart Detection - identifies where on the screen a video or game is being played and applies Smart Insight 2 or Smart Resolution.

To ensure visual comfort while playing games over long stretches of gameplay, the LED backlight is controlled with a hybrid of DC (direct current) and high-frequency PWM (pulse-width modulation) for flicker-free viewing at all brightness levels.

EIZO has simplified adjusting of the screen settings by including both a remote control and its own G-Ignition utility software (Windows 8, 7 and Vista compatible). G-Ignition software also lets users download gaming presets created by professional gamers from gaming.eizo.com or export their own customized color modes to other gamers who also own the FORIS FS2434. G-Ignition can be used to assign hot keys to turn the monitor's power and mute on/off, as well as adjust the color mode and aspect ratio.

Two HDMI and one DVI-D port provide connectivity with PCs, consoles, Blu-ray players and cameras. A USB 3.0 hub with one upstream and two downstream ports lets users connect to USB 3.0-compliant storage devices or connect their mouse and keyboard to the monitor. A line-out jack for connecting to external speakers and a headphone jack provides further functionality.

An ergonomic stand allows for positioning the screen at an angle most comfortable for the user. The stand includes 60 mm of height adjustment, 25° of tilt and 344° of swivel. The monitor can also be mounted on a VESA-compatible stand. A handle on the backside makes it simple to carry the monitor to a gaming event.

The FORIS FS2434 comes with seven preset modes making it ideal for other entertainment content in addition to gaming such as viewing videos, photos or the Web. The presets are Game (Dark Scene), Game (Light Scene), Cinema, Paper, Web/sRGB, and two user adjustable modes. Using the bundled G-Ignition software, any of the presets can be assigned to a game or other applications installed on the user's computer.

Additional Features
  • 250 cd/m2 brightness
  • 4.9 ms gray-to-gray response time
  • Dual 0.5 watt internal speakers
  • Auto EcoView brightness sensor that reads the ambient lighting and adjusts the screen's brightness to the ideal level
  • Power consumption is only 15 watts during typical operation and less than 0.5 watts in power save mode.
  • Five-year manufacturer's limited warranty

Product Inforamation
FORIS FS2434

Availability
The FORIS FS2434 will begin shipping in late June. Date of availability varies so please contact the EIZO subsidiary or distributor in your country for details.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Why they keep on including crappy little speakers on expensive gaming monitors? Whoever spends so much on monitors will already have a decent speaker set...

System Name Desktop
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Asrock Z77
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory G Skill 8gb 1600 mhz X 2
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 7850 X 2
Storage 1 TB Velociraptor, 240GB 840 Samsung
Display(s) 27" Samsung LED X 2
Case Thermaltake V9
Power Supply Seasonic 620 W, CX600M on stand by
Software Win 8.1 64
Benchmark Scores Benches are silly
Why they keep on including crappy little speakers on expensive gaming monitors? Whoever spends so much on monitors will already have a decent speaker set...

No, not everyone. I know plenty of people that uses headphones for gaming and monitor speakers for general use.

You can't have a speaker system when you live in tight urban areas or sharing rooms.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
No, not everyone. I know plenty of people that uses headphones for gaming and monitor speakers for general use.

You can't have a speaker system when you live in tight urban areas or sharing rooms.

My wife's setup is like that, nice headset and monitor speakers.

1080p@60Hz IPS. Why would I want to buy this as opposed to tens of other models with the same specs? Is EIZO even paying attention what ASUS is doing with their monitors?

My wife's setup is like that, nice headset and monitor speakers.

I'd rather have Genius SPHF800 2.0 set of speakers than this integrated rubbishness. It's still not meant for super high volumes, but at least it churns out half decent sound and they are still neatly small. And they cost 45 EUR. Bargain.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'd rather have Genius SPHF800 2.0 set of speakers than this integrated rubbishness. It's still not meant for super high volumes, but at least it churns out half decent sound and they are still neatly small. And they cost 45 EUR. Bargain.

If it works for you, it works for you. Integrated rubbish is enough for the chime of a new mail without extra space and cables of separate speakers.

There's three computers in this room, and we may all be in the same raid or different raids so most of the money goes towards nice headsets instead of speakers. Also, a good deal of the stuff I listen to isn't younger audience appropriate so it's nice to slip on the headset when watching/listening to anything new. There's a 2.1 speaker set on my computer only, in case we're all watching a movie together.

System Name I read I watch I listen but I don't game (2013 Sep build)
Processor Intel Core i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Memory Transcend DDR3-1600 16GB
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 660
Storage Transcend TS128GSSD340, Western Digital WD3000FYYZ, Hitachi HDS722020ALA330, Seagate ST2000DM001
Display(s) Eizo EV2455 24.1" 1920x1200
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III
Audio Device(s) Arcam irDAC + Harmon Kardon HK980 + Q Acoustics 3020 / Shure SRH1540 / Aurisonics ASG-1.5
Power Supply Corsair AX750
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure Optical / CM Storm Xornet II
Keyboard Varmilo VA87MR
Software Windows 10 Pro x64