• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Beats Electronics Introduces the Powerbeats2 Wireless Earphones

Beats Electronics LLC, the leading audio brand co-founded by Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine, today introduced the company's first wireless earphones with the official launch of the new Powerbeats2 Wireless. Designed for athletes, Powerbeats2 Wireless delivers Beats' signature sound in a lightweight, durable, and sweat resistant package for a game-changing experience. Freedom from wires raises your training to new heights and allows you to take your workout anywhere, while the redesigned earhooks provide better comfort and fit no matter how rigorous the workout.

"To me this product represents the intersection of sports and music," said Beats president Luke Wood. "This is Beats, superior technology and design with premium sound quality. But most importantly, the Powerbeats2 Wireless are designed to serve as a tool for athletes at all fitness levels, whether you're LeBron James in training or just out for a morning run."

Inspired by LeBron James, Powerbeats2 Wireless earphones bring to life relentless performance with IPX4 sweat and water resistance, a rechargeable battery with 6 hours of non-stop playback, Bluetooth connection, signature sound, and superior design.

"As one of the co-creators of Powerbeats, I am so proud of how the product continues to evolve and transform the athlete experience with music. There's nothing else out there that delivers this brand of high quality sound during an intense workout, and these new Powerbeats2 Wireless take it to a whole new level," said NBA all-star LeBron James. "Music is one of my main motivations when I work out, and I know others can relate because music takes people to a different place that inspires more energy and focus. Ultimately, music and athletic performance are one, and through this partnership with Beats, we continue to push that envelope in every way possible."

Beats has played a significant role in facilitating consumer adoption of wireless products, owning 57% of the U.S. Premium ($95+) Wireless Headphones sales in 2013. Spurred by the entry of the Beats Wireless in 2012 and Studio Wireless in 2013, the company has also helped to grow the entire wireless product category, which expanded more than 108% since 2011. With the introduction of Powerbeats2 Wireless earphones, Beats enters the wireless segment of the fitness and exercise headphone market, which was marked by significant growth in 2013. During that time, Bluetooth and water resistant headphones increased 93% and 51% in units in the US, respectively. [Source: NPD Group's Retail Tracking Service].

Introducing Powerbeats2 Wireless: Performance. Power. Freedom.
Design: Don't let sweat stop you. Powerbeats2 Wireless earphones are IPX4 sweat and water resistant from the earbuds to the flat tangle free cable wrap around, with RemoteTalk control for a no-slip grip when changing volume, switching tracks, and making hands-free calls. Designed to perform, the wireless earphones are lightweight and compact with flexible earhooks, providing a comfortable and secure fit. When not in use, there is a hard shell case to keep them safe.

Power Management: From the street to the court, Powerbeats2 Wireless gives you the freedom to take your workout anywhere. Wireless Bluetooth connectivity gives you the ability to connect up to 30 feet from your Bluetooth-enabled device, and a rechargeable battery with 6-hour playback gives you the power to endure to the end. If you're on empty, a 15-minute quick charge delivers an extra hour of non-stop playback.

Color: The Powerbeats2 Wireless earphones will be available in black, red and white.

Powerbeats2 Wireless earphones retail for $199.95 and will be available online at www.beatsbydre.com and at select retailers in June 2014, and widely available beginning in July 2014 at authorized Beats retailers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Yawn... I should just send Apple my wallet.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Yawn... I should just send Apple my wallet.
yeah, personally i want to try beats product, but they like selling headphone with car price..

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
yeah, personally i want to try beats product, but they like selling headphone with car price..
With nothing outstanding aout them eitither other than the usual senklour Thab the priricw

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
$200 dollars to get rid of a cord? Also, people who work out with big headphones on make me want to choke them with the headband. You look stupid, stop doing it.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Never heard of beats until the deal with Apple. And ridiculously overpriced...
Yeah, find another sucker.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Never heard of beats until the deal with Apple. And ridiculously overpriced...
Yeah, find another sucker.
maybe because Dr.Dre had it so it tagged high :D and when apple take it, apple tags it more high