• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Force Series LX SSDs Now Available in 512 GB Capacity

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Corsair, a worldwide designer of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the addition of a 512 GB model to the recently announced Force Series LX line of solid-state drives (SSD). The new Force Series LX 512 GB SSD brings the amazing performance benefits of high-capacity SSDs to a lower price point.

The faster performance and silent operation of solid-state drives have long attracted PC enthusiasts, but high prices may have put off some users from making the switch to this faster storage technology. In response to this, Corsair is bringing these SSD advantages to more budget-friendly price points. The Force Series LX are available in three capacities and price points-128 GB for $79.99, 256 GB for $129.99, and the 512 GB at $259.99.

Powered by a Silicon Motion SSD controller, the Force Series LX SSDs offer fantastic performance up to 10 times faster than that of a conventional spinning-disk hard drive. The 512GB model and its SATA 3 interface delivers file transfer speeds of up to 560 MB/sec read and 450 MB/sec write which can deliver massive improvements in system performance. Operating system start-up and application load times accelerate to mere seconds, anti-virus scans complete far faster, and navigating your PC's files feels much more responsive thanks to near-instant access times.

A slim-line 7mm aluminum housing makes it easy to install the Force LX into almost every desktop or notebook PC with a 2.5 inch drive bay - an ideal upgrade to breathe new life into an notebook, ultrabook or PC in need of a boost. Corsair's bundled SSD Toolbox software utility is also included as a free download, allowing you to easily optimize your SSD's performance, clone your existing hard drive, or securely erase all data on a drive. TRIM, NCQ and S.M.A.R.T. technologies automatically maintain drive performance for years to come, and Corsair tops off the package with a 3 year warranty and legendary customer service for total peace of mind.

Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The Force Series LX 512GB SSD has an MSRP of $259.99 and is available immediately from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized retailers and are backed with a three year warranty and Corsair customer service and technical support.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The price is just too high IMHO. If you wanna make lower speed SSDs and price them agressively, than do so.
I would take the 130$ budget of the 256GB and buy a Crucial MX-100 for 20$ less.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
The price is just too high IMHO. If you wanna make lower speed SSDs and price them agressively, than do so.
I would take the 130$ budget of the 256GB and buy a Crucial MX-100 for 20$ less.

And 150MB/s less writes... Also comes with shoddy micron firmware.
Thanks but no thanks I will buy quality drives.

The fact that it does use a good marvell controler only makes me wanna buy the MX-100, All the greatest SSDs i can think of used marvell controlers so...

About on-paper speeds, they're on paper. The actual 4K speeds of the MX100 are quite nice.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
The fact that it does use a good marvell controler only makes me wanna buy the MX-100, All the greatest SSDs i can think of used marvell controlers so...
About on-paper speeds, they're on paper. The actual 4K speeds of the MX100 are quite nice.

I am curious what you consider the greatest SSDs ... I won't touch anything with Micron firmware.

LAMD controllers are superior to both sandforce and marvel controllers and are on par with Intel and Samsung.
Too bad this corsair doesn't use the LAMD... I am disappoint.

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
And 150MB/s less writes... Also comes with shoddy micron firmware.
Thanks but no thanks I will buy quality drives.
Where do you see that ?
MX100 512GB actually has 50MB/s faster writes. Not that it matters anyway, since sequential speeds mean shit with SSDs. Its random 4k that matters and here Marvell in mx100 destroys the SMI. And for less money !!

And how exactly has Micron shoddy firmware ?

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
I am curious what you consider the greatest SSDs ... I won't touch anything with Micron firmware.

LAMD controllers are superior to both sandforce and marvel controllers and are on par with Intel and Samsung.
Too bad this corsair doesn't use the LAMD... I am disappoint.

And i won't touch anything from a manufacturer, that does nothing. Corsair does only the packaging; still uses micron nand, SMI controller and their firmware. THey pretty much just package the refrence design and thats it.

And yeah, just FYI, Corsair DOES use LAMD. Their neutron line is LAMD based