• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Joins iBUYPOWER's Optiboost Program

MSI Computer Corp, a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, announces the immediate availability of customizable gaming notebooks via iBUYPOWER's Optiboost program. Current customizable models include the GP60 and GP70 Leopard, GT70 Dominator and GT70 Dominator Pro, and the GE70 Apache Pro.

Designed to offer a new level of personalization, iBUYPOWER's Optiboost program allows users to configure their system by upgrading its processor, memory, video card, hard drives, optical drives and wireless adapters. It also allows users to personalize the gaming laptop with a selection of operating systems, software choices and peripherals.

"Individuality is a big part of the mobile gaming experience and MSI is confident that iBUYPOWER's Optiboost program will deliver the ideal combination of customized performance and value," said Andy Tung, President of MSI Pan America. "We are making mobile gaming personal again."

"MSI and iBUYPOWER gives gamers a level of high performance never seen before," stated Darren Su, vice president of iBUYPOWER. "The ability to customize, delivered with exceptional price-performance value, means users will receive their gaming notebooks the way they like it."

For more information about iBUYPOWER's OptiBoost program with MSI, please visit www.ibuypower.com/Product/MSI.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name gamingPZ
Processor i7-6700k
Motherboard Asrock Z170M Pro4S
Cooling scythe mugen4
Memory 32GB ddr4 2400mhz crucial ballistix sport lt
Video Card(s) gigabyte GTX 1070 ti
Storage ssd - crucial MX500 1TB
Case silverstone sugo sg10
Power Supply Evga G2 650w
Software win10
good news... at least now people wont have to pay like 300$ extra to get msi gaming laptop with 128GB SSD... there is plenty of that kind of rubbish configuration (like i5, no ssd, sometimes even lower resolution or combinations of those) and if a man wants decent Configuration then overprice is ridiculous high or only avalible option is with max complectation. salesmen always are like: "so, you wanna SSDs in raid, for decent price - sure, no problem and take this i7-4910, and GTX880m in one configuration, for as low as.... "trollface""

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
well let's see the MSI Dominator 895 is 1399$ on the egg and amazon and yet here it STARTS at 1654$

so you pay 255$ for the right to not have to pay 300$ for a ssd upgrade?

Sorry chuck I'm not buying it. Literally.

Swapping a hard disk especially an msata one is cake, it's easier than cake. It's like buying a cake from the store that someone else made.

other items may be easier for them to do for you, but I still think the markup is utter bull.