• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help with home audio setup

zack56

I have a Yamaha HTR-6130 receiver it don't have multichannel output trying to figure out how to hook to PT8000CH Pyle Amplifier 8 channel using its multichannel input I don't want to hook it up using different components trying to use it to run all speakers I have 8 15''inch speakers and 8 surround speakers any ideas thanks

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
What you can try is using one set of RCA cables from the [out-rec] of the Yamaha to the "bus input" of the Pyle.

This is the only way that I can see that you would get the output of the Yamaha to the Pyle. Usually the AVR has either pre-out and or a tape loop. This Yamaha doesn't have either of these but it does have a CD-R loop it seems for outputting sound to a recorder and then looping it back to the receiver. If this CD-R loop works like a Tape loop then it will out put full signal (before the Yamaha gain control) and allow you to get the full signal into the Pyle and you will then use the Pyle gain control for volume. Does the Pyle have gain control on it?

Normally if your amp doesn't have the ability to control gain (volume) then you use a preamp with pre-outs. The pre-out is after the AVR's amp and can be controlled with it's volume.

Hope this helps.