• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

K10 details and performance numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian-Pa

System Name Macbook Pro 15"
Processor Dual-Core 2.4Ghz
Memory 4Gb
Storage Western Digital 320GB internal + WD External 500GB + 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 19'' LCD 971p
Software Snow Leopard + Win 7

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Its putting out information from websites for those who may be interested. Its not to cater to everyones individual needs. I mean, if you dont like it, dont read it. Otherwise, quit bellyaching. From what Ive seen, AMD has the stuff out and this is what they were told. If its not true, we will see soon enough. Just dont get down if AMD is coming back with the thunder and lightning to steal the show from Intel. This is good for all of us. Thank you for this little interesting bit of news, I, for one, do appreciate it.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
Just what exactly do you mean by that...lol....

I have to agree with most everyone else here...Seems that TPU is becoming more like a newspaper tabloid..gossip gossip gossip...i think most all these r600 and Barcelona "news worthy" stories should be left where they were found...this is not news, its crap...like the r600 3DM06 scores...i can make stuff up to if anyone wants another story to post here...

NOTHING and i mean NOTHING is true until it is released.....so far that hasn't happened....:rockout:

EDIT: Funny that everyone is comparing the new AMD's to the old C2D's...its like comparing the g80 to the r520 or something...I would hope that AMD's technology, released well over a year after C2D, would beat or at least compete with the C2D's...why would anyone expect that not to be.....this should be no surprise...but to compare new technology with older is dumb...amd will have a release soon, and you can damn sure bet intel won't sit and watch them again...

lol totally.. yea lets compare a lamborghini to a volkswagen while we're at it.. come on now.. if your going to compare,at least put the apples with the apples and the oranges with the oranges.. running a 6400 conroe at 3.41 ghz, i cant complain, whats your amd scores on 3d mark 06? 10612 here with a 8800 gts 320 mb.. beat it or eat it...lol..
Honeslty though I could care less about intel or amd.. wherever performance is is where I'm going and to do otherwise just shows your a tool..lol

System Name HAL
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
quote!
stop rumours

ps, thats not my quote..lol you misquoted me. that was a quote i replied to from someone else though and I agree we shouldn't front page "what if" news.. it'd be great if it was factual but it's not yet.
There has to be a line somewhere that we want to remain credible in.. keep pushing the line back and all of a sudden you loose credibility just as easy as anyone else. It's good info to have if it's true.. but thats the whole thing.. is it true? lol..
and i hope amd stomps the chips for a better price so i can buy one, it's not like im some fanboy at all. i have intel but so what, bill gates don't pay my bills, I just want performance and intel is known for it. if amd wins, then they get my cash lol.. :D

Processor Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-Premium/Black Pearl
Cooling Luna Block, 240mm rad
Memory Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Saphire 5850 1GB
Storage 60GB SSD + 2x500GB/1TB/2TB
Display(s) Samsung 226BW and 50" Panasonic S2
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Audio Device(s) X-fi Prelude
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy Dxx 850watt
Software Windows7 32Bit
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1M 14.333
Sure, Barcelona could very well be 50% faster in Specfp_2000 than Kenstfield. Less than 50% would infact be dissapointing for currently available Athlon64 X2 scores 20% higher than Conroe in Specfp_2000.

That means, this mean nothing to 99.8% of us.. why didn't they test it on stuff people actually use...? to get everyone wound up for Amds upcoming processor.. I couldnt care less if it beat 45nm c2d chips.. just thier trying to promote something with tricky wording and testing that your everyday user dont know. So we just have to point that out. :)

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
like I stated before "wow intel fanboys on the warpath"

I mean wow your so much of a fanboy that ever possible amd news you come on and post on it. not like you should care being you already own your conroes and supposedly love them. or is it that you hate the idea of actual market balance.

it's the whole "i bought intel so anything else sucks" that was sooo all to common among p4 users. don't like it dont post. but until you have an assured source that points to otherwise what the hell do you know about it?

not like you went to school for cpu marchitecture or anything and are able to refute it based on the theoretical perfromance from the listed changes in the barcelona core.

no your a mad intel user who sees ANY gain Amd has over intel as pure bs.

like we haven't seen that since intel fanboism was created.

Case Silverstone TJ-09
Software Windows7 32Bit
lol I shouldnt bother responding to your immature post, read some previous posts... noones "mad" but you. lol

its the fact that theses scores really dont mean crap... I could care less who has the "best" chip out.. whoever does would get my money if I were buying and I would be recomending it for peoples builds.. that makes me an intel fanboi?

if this was saying kentfield was better by blah because blah, I would also take it with a LARGE grain of salt.. yeah even if it is (and it prob is) faster in Specfp_2000 than kentfield that dont do nothing for us gamers or regular users.. why wouldnt they give us some real results. Just because its faster in Specfp_2000 does not mean it will give better real world performance and if it does I dont expect it to be by 50% seeing how from what largon said, the 64x 2 is 20% faster at this yet still gets whopped by c2d where it actually matters. Therefor I call this a step to promote Amd by offering practically useless infomation.

Last edited:
System Name HAL
like I stated before "wow intel fanboys on the warpath"

I mean wow your so much of a fanboy that ever possible amd news you come on and post on it. not like you should care being you already own your conroes and supposedly love them. or is it that you hate the idea of actual market balance.

it's the whole "i bought intel so anything else sucks" that was sooo all to common among p4 users. don't like it dont post. but until you have an assured source that points to otherwise what the hell do you know about it?

not like you went to school for cpu marchitecture or anything and are able to refute it based on the theoretical perfromance from the listed changes in the barcelona core.

no your a mad intel user who sees ANY gain Amd has over intel as pure bs.

like we haven't seen that since intel fanboism was created.

wow dude.. lol.. you might as well jump up and down screaming at the top of your lungs
" Imma AMD fan boy imma AMD fan boy!" lol.. that was very immature.. you people and this "fanboy" nonsense.. sorry but the whole fanboy thing is just immature and middleschool at best.. grow up please..

fyi: the person telling everyone their a fanboy is typically the fan boy... and by your post, yea i'd say your the AMD fanboy of the year lol..

You sound like your ready to punch people in the face over what cpu they like..lol.. srsly, life, get one...

sorry if im offensive but being offensive didn't stop you from that show in disrespect you posted.. fair is fair..

fanboys, thats just dumb.. if anyone is dumb enough to buy a chip just becuse of the name then they deserve whatever crap they get, I buy based on research and at the moment amd does not compare with intel and you'd be a tard to say otherwise.. not to mention you'd be misleading people into "thinking" they have the best cpu when in "fact" they don't..
Hopefully we can stay away from immature posts like this.. I know I know, I'm asking for wayyy to much...lol..

I don't claim to be some kind of cpu maker, are you a cpu maker? do you build and design them? because you seem to be trying to act like you do, so I am curious about that.. also you show me an amd with the same set ups vs intel where the amd's actually come out higher.. show me something, 3dmark, prime, everest, something.. show me the money. otherwise your just using words that "seem" like you know something but know absolutely nothing at all.. which again means your misleading people into believing you actually think you know what your talking about..

Last edited:
System Name Deep Freeze
Processor E8600 @ 5300Mhz 1.65v (Q820A324) / Q9650 (L828A480)
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X48 0501 Bios
Cooling Custom Rotary PhaseChange! / Corsair Dominator Airflow
Memory 2x1GB CellShock Black DDR3 1800 D9GTR's @ 1684Mhz 6-6-5-15 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 260 216 (65nm) @ 730/1530/1295 Stock Air Cooler
Storage 2 x 80gb WD Caviar SE 7200RPM SATA (Raid 0) / WD 36GB Raptor
Display(s) Dell SP2208WFP HD Widescreen 22" (1680 x 1050) / Sony Bravia 52" 1080p 120HZ
Case Open Air Test Bench
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX X-Fi / Logitech Z5300e 5.1 THX Certified
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows XP Pro SP3 / Windows Vista HP / Windows 7
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06:21178 3DMark05:31561 3DMark03:64241 PCMark05:13017 3DMark01SE:98092 SuperPi1M:8.656s
This whole thing is very funny it had nothing to do with kentsfield either it was clovertown and it was done using a retired benchmark. Intel did this to AMD a few times before and AMD got mad about it and now thier doing it very funny. I found this little write up about it check it out for yourself. http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=412

Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
and again the fanboyism continues, do you care about the post? no, then why continue this little charade?

it would be different if you posted up on how this would be nice but is unlikely.

yet every time a barcelona, agena fx or any other amd related topic on the news comes by all the intel fanboys come and and immediatly say "this is crap"

and who's mad? I merely posted the truth. if you were really out for the best chip you'd want to know whether or not its true rather than just refute it on sight.
and well
"Edit: This stuff should be put in the general nonsense area as TK said."

I mean whos to say it a mere baseless rumor.

no this thread alone doesn't conclude to my responses, its all of the threads related to amd. when someone says amd's in jeoperdy of going under you take it as fact and all the intel fanboys come out and say "I knew it!"

when amd post price drops the intel fanboys come out and say "this is just a desperate attempt for amd to survive"

when they post the tdp of barcelona/agena fx intel fanboys come out and state that "well amd will need to beat intel by a large margin to really compete. "

This is just a samle of the "amd bashing" thats been going on. I'm tired of it. I don't go on the intel posts and say the intel benches are nothing but bs. nor do I doubt the performance level. I'm quite impressed with the conroe. it's a stong cpu with super performance. kentsfield is fast as well and actually not as expensive as I would have thought. (the whole double the cores, double the price thing doesn't apply here)

amd may noet be the performance leader, but neither are they down and out. and if we're talking maturity take a long look at the posts you've made in the last few weeks on the amd news areas. if you're really all that mature you'll note some immaturity in yourself.

sure I'm an amd fanboy, but I don't flame every intel user for having a non amd nor anyone for looking forward to the next intel chip. can you really say the same?

if a close freind of yours knew about both the intel and amd lineups and decided to go amd anyways would you allow him to make his own choice? or would you insist he change his mind? I've recomended conroe to anyone who asked about it while being loyal to amd myself. (which actually has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with ethics, amd doesn't have a plant in AZ but intel does and laying off thousands of employees in favor of cheaper workers doesn't get me all warm and tingly inside)

System Name Deep Freeze
Processor E8600 @ 5300Mhz 1.65v (Q820A324) / Q9650 (L828A480)
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X48 0501 Bios
Cooling Custom Rotary PhaseChange! / Corsair Dominator Airflow
Memory 2x1GB CellShock Black DDR3 1800 D9GTR's @ 1684Mhz 6-6-5-15 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 260 216 (65nm) @ 730/1530/1295 Stock Air Cooler
Storage 2 x 80gb WD Caviar SE 7200RPM SATA (Raid 0) / WD 36GB Raptor
Display(s) Dell SP2208WFP HD Widescreen 22" (1680 x 1050) / Sony Bravia 52" 1080p 120HZ
Case Open Air Test Bench
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX X-Fi / Logitech Z5300e 5.1 THX Certified
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows XP Pro SP3 / Windows Vista HP / Windows 7
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06:21178 3DMark05:31561 3DMark03:64241 PCMark05:13017 3DMark01SE:98092 SuperPi1M:8.656s
and again the fanboyism continues, do you care about the post? no, then why continue this little charade?

it would be different if you posted up on how this would be nice but is unlikely.

yet every time a barcelona, agena fx or any other amd related topic on the news comes by all the intel fanboys come and and immediatly say "this is crap"

and who's mad? I merely posted the truth. if you were really out for the best chip you'd want to know whether or not its true rather than just refute it on sight.
and well

no this thread alone doesn't conclude to my responses, its all of the threads related to amd. when someone says amd's in jeoperdy of going under you take it as fact and all the intel fanboys come out and say "I knew it!"

when amd post price drops the intel fanboys come out and say "this is just a desperate attempt for amd to survive"

when they post the tdp of barcelona/agena fx intel fanboys come out and state that "well amd will need to beat intel by a large margin to really compete. "

This is just a samle of the "amd bashing" thats been going on. I'm tired of it. I don't go on the intel posts and say the intel benches are nothing but bs. nor do I doubt the performance level. I'm quite impressed with the conroe. it's a stong cpu with super performance. kentsfield is fast as well and actually not as expensive as I would have thought. (the whole double the cores, double the price thing doesn't apply here)

amd may noet be the performance leader, but neither are they down and out. and if we're talking maturity take a long look at the posts you've made in the last few weeks on the amd news areas. if you're really all that mature you'll note some immaturity in yourself.

sure I'm an amd fanboy, but I don't flame every intel user for having a non amd nor anyone for looking forward to the next intel chip. can you really say the same?

if a close freind of yours knew about both the intel and amd lineups and decided to go amd anyways would you allow him to make his own choice? or would you insist he change his mind? I've recomended conroe to anyone who asked about it while being loyal to amd myself. (which actually has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with ethics, amd doesn't have a plant in AZ but intel does and laying off thousands of employees in favor of cheaper workers doesn't get me all warm and tingly inside)

I hope your post isnt at me mine had nothing to do with being a fanboy because im not for amd or intel.

D

Deleted member 24505

basically,unless theres PROOF then whatever it says is rubbish.

Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
did you demand proof when the coroe specs were being released?
I mean if were talking proof theres no way you can actually trust anything being posted online. I mean you'd have to own all the cpus on the market. lol

speculation is actually what most users buy and build their computers off of.

Case Silverstone TJ-09
Software Windows7 32Bit
1 when someone says amd's in jeoperdy of going under you take it as fact and all the intel fanboys come out and say "I knew it!"

2 when amd post price drops the intel fanboys come out and say "this is just a desperate attempt for amd to survive"

3 when they post the tdp of barcelona/agena fx intel fanboys come out and state that "well amd will need to beat intel by a large margin to really compete. "

4 sure I'm an amd fanboy, but I don't flame every intel user for having a non amd nor anyone for looking forward to the next intel chip. can you really say the same?

1 where did us "fanboys" say this? a couple people who say this is BS own amd...

2 humm again where lol, they needed to drop the prices to compete.. not because they were going under... in with the new out with the old right?

3 I could see this being true depending on pricing... When Barcalona comes out I doubt it will cost $266 or under 400.

4 Thats because well, any post I've seen about c2d was not utter crap to 99.8% of us.

So yeah I guess Barcelona better really top intel because before its released quad-core prices will already have dropped :O Barcelona sounds expensive 2 separate chips = 2 separate cpu coolers = new motherboard... there will be duel core Barcelona aswell right? that would be sweet if it kicks c2d ass.

but for me I'm sticking with what I got no matter what.. unless it wont cost me much to switch over to Amd. I think I'll be set for a while with a mid-high end dx10 card and a quad someday.

D

Deleted member 24505

no but i remember how intel fans hooted tho' about the conroe then,and amd fans said it was crap.but it turned out the conroe was indeed as fast as the rumours stated.

the point is without proof then the apparent results are unproven so therefore not reliable.

Case Silverstone TJ-09
Software Windows7 32Bit
speculation is actually what most users buy and build their computers off of.

false, who would be dumb enough to build thier $2000 computer off speculation.. not me atleast.

but yeah this is just like when c2d came out alot of hardcore amd fans still didnt believe c2d was better.. even though it was proven lol with facts. me Im not a fanboi to either really... I like my c2d for a reason, it was a cheap performer that kicks ass. if I was buying my comp mid last year I would of got an Amd chip.

Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
1 where did us "fanboys" say this? a couple people who say this is BS own amd...

2 humm again where lol, they needed to drop the prices to compete.. not because they were going under... in with the new out with the old right?

3 I could see this being true depending on pricing... When Barcalona comes out I doubt it will cost $266 or under 400.

4 Thats because well, any post I've seen about c2d was not utter crap to 99.8% of us.

So yeah I guess Barcelona better really top intel because before its released quad-core prices will already have dropped :O Barcelona sounds expensive 2 separate chips = 2 separate cpu coolers = new motherboard... there will be duel core Barcelona aswell right? that would be sweet if it kicks c2d ass.

but for me I'm sticking with what I got no matter what.. unless it wont cost me much to switch over to Amd. I think I'll be set for a while with a mid-high end dx10 card and a quad someday.

1) check the old posts in the news forums and yes some amd users have stated so, but not quite as callous as the intel users who immediatly state "this is crap"

2)theres a difference between saying amd needs to drop prices to compete while running old hardware and stating that amd is struggling to survive and thus must drop prices

3)not that intel quadcores are anywhere near that price :slap: quad cores are atm reserved for the extremist market. and who says that barcelona or agena fx will have to be anywhere near half the price opf a kentfield to compete? odd thought there, not sure where you were going with it

4)these are the words of an intel fanboy (and ytou claim to be nuetral) its not like you could have trusted them anymore than you can trust this.

and where so you see 2 seperate coolers? were talking barcelon not the fx 7x series which I'll be the first to tell you the fx70's are a waste of time and money.
"
Billed as a ‘true’ quad-core chip, Barcelona has four processor cores on a single piece of silicon, or die, compared to Clovertown, which straps together twin dual-core dies inside a single package, yielding a quad-core processor"

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=8913

even a slamming ceo knows that lol

and if you're going to stick with what you have again whats the point of posting on a barcelona thread something you aren't thinking of ever buying or recomending?

Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Software Windows7 32Bit
I'll check this out after man gtg, 1st day on at my new job. I have 2 hours but Im going to get rdy.

System Name HAL

and well

lol.. wow.. someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed..

ya know, i never even knew what the phrase "fan boy" was until i came here. if someone is a fan boy is there something your going to do about it? lol. are you going to convert all the fan boys to be amd fans? would that make you happy?

your turngin this thread into a flame war and it's old already.. He made a valid and true point and you went on the warpath.. they were comparing the amd chips to old intel core 2's.. so what? lol.. thats just a cheap way of making people thing there awsome when in fact it only means they might be better than "old" core 2's.. so what? lol.. who cares if their better than old cpus..lol. I want to know how they will stack up against the big boys or newer processors.

again, i could honestly care less about amd or intel.. again, they do not pay my bills and i could give a crud less if they both fell off the eartth and a new company came into existence.. i could care less about linux vs windows and mac.. i do not care..lol.. you apparently don't just care.. you sit on the road side with a huge neon sign screaming at the tops of your lungs how intel sux and amd rules.. get over it.. please.. maybe im just to old an expect to much out of people..

you show me an amd chip that beats the intel "newer chips" and i'll show you a guy whos buying an amd next time. seriously lol.. thats all there is to it.. if you don't believe it, well i could care less, you don't pay my bills either..lol..

maybe you should stop buying gas because gas companies are laying off people too.. oh and stop buying things from walmart, oh and don't get an engineering done for anything you need built or uhm don't fly a plane anywhere oh yea, by the way you really shouldn't drive a car either then, oh and let's not forget that you definitely can't drive on the road because the department of transportation is laying people off too.. come on man, seriously.... is this about a processor or about your feelings toward Bill gates? this is completely off topic.

ps. out of those thousands which of them gave a crap when i lost my job last year? yea I don't think that stopped any of their spending habbits huh lol... man your reaching here.. and it's already wayyy old.

ethics lol.. to quote Malcolm in the middle "show me an ethical man and I'll show you a man with limited options" lol.. they were telling a guy to kik a dude in the nards to win a fight..lol.. dude didint want to because it was unethical..lol..

The world is unethical my friend, the sooner you realise this the better.. ethical men don't make millions a year.. in a perfect world things would be better, unfortunately we are not in a perfect world, so expecting perfection is dillusional.

Last edited:
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
I don't see how posting "this i crap" is a valid point?

and quite frankly my previous posts stand, I never stated that these benches were accurate, only that you cant prove they aren't and that we've a right to look at what you all call false rumors and deem for ourselves the truthfullness in them. check this thread, one guys post news and then a bunch of intel owners get on and state it as less than a rumor and that people shouldn't post them.

we've a right to post what we want and discuss it wihtout having to see every other post say "this is crap"

System Name HAL
but your assuming we hope their fake..lol.. not at all the case.. I hope their real and to be honest i hope there even better than that lol.. if they are I just saved a bunch of money.. and i didnt even have to switch my car insurance to geico...:laugh:
I don't know if you can see it but you've been telling everyone what they think the whole time and not even listening when they say things like " i hope the amd chips are better" all you see is the "but this is speculation" and u go off..lol.. I and anyone with common sense all hope the amd chips blow intels away so we can buy them and get more bang for the buck..

why do u think most of the people who post are intel users? why would "mostly" intel users talk in these threads? it's very simple.. because there are more people who own intel than amd.. idk what to tell ya..lol it is what it is..

amd has yet to bring out the beast and intel always does.. more people own intel because their better..lol. "if you cant admit that then at least admit they have a more recogniseable name". like me for example, i didnt know crud about chips at all but looking around when i decided to buy mine made me choose intel.. why? because their better..lol..

lets all hope we can finally get a serious processor for a reasonable price this time around.. that'd be nice.. i'd love to buy a quad core.. amd or intel.. i dont care..lol.. whichever overclocks the best.
really i hope amd pushes out a beast this time so I don't have to break myself on a new processor.. intels prices are to high. thats one thing i do like about amd, they never try to rape the consumer.. that alone is "almost" enough to get my money.. but performance is the key.

fyi: no one tried to make people not make up their own mind..lol well i didnt anyway.. but i do feel that if it's not proven it should not be in a section in our forums that act as if they are proven.. thats not validated information and therefore hypothetical..
hey did you know the keebler elves are coming out with a brand new processor too? maybe I should post those specs here as well "and let the people decide" maybe you see my point now.. i like to hear information. I don't like to hear speculation circulated as if it's fact though.. going to have people running to buy a processor that could just as easily be a dud. thats not cool, no one wants to waste money.

all I'm saying is I agree it should of gone in the general area until it's proven.. but thats just my perspective. I 'd say the same thing for intel as well now that I know what to look for.. come on, did you see that 8600 geforce card we had on front page? lol.. that made us look dumb that we would even consider a card that was plainly fake something real.. I mean you can't get any faker than that. a few minutes of research would of never allowed it to be on the front page as if it was real.. one close up in adobe shows it plain as day and even the thumbnail showed plainly the picture editing.

it all comes back to credibility.. I don't claim to be the smartest guy around but I do have tons of common sense..lol.. and this to me is common sense.. there are two things that categorise books bascially.. fiction and non fiction.. by definition fiction is things "not proven" fictitious... this was not proven and is therefore fictitious..lol..

your right about one thing though.. people with glass rigs should definitely not throw stones..lol.. aight aight, no hard feelings now.. let's move on... fair enough.. :D

Last edited:
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=29544
post # 13
take alook at how he phrases things. he's not a fanboy, merely a computer user giving advice.

@ d007 you ARE a fanboy, hate to tell you.
why do u think most of the people who post are intel users? im going to explain this very simply so you can understand.. why would "mostly" intel users talk in these threads? it's very simple.. because there are more people who own intel than amd.. idk what to tell ya..lol it is what it is..

intersting because you seemed to overlooked that most people with intels have p4's and older, not conroes. yet again hmm only those intel users with conroes seem to be posting in the amd news threads, hmmm can we say fanboys? maybe.

amd has yet to bring out the beast and intel always does.. more people own intel because their better..lol.

ummm just because conroes are better now doesn't mean that they didn't just get off of a losing streak. The use of the word always there seems to indicate that you haven't been in the market very long, intel doesn't always bring out the beast my friend, its an off and on game for both intel and amd, intel has this round, amd had the last.

i cant break out the fairy wand and make amd beter

and whos asking you to? I'm merely asking you to find your manners when posting and avoid the fanboy urge to come into every amd thread and post your disgust with amd.

and yes i'm an admitted amd fanboy just as I'm an admitted ati fanboy. that doesn't mean that i don't recognise the power of the conroes, it just means I for once would like to read amd news in peace. lol

Case Silverstone TJ-09
Software Windows7 32Bit
I don't see how posting "this i crap" is a valid point?

and quite frankly my previous posts stand, I never stated that these benches were accurate, only that you cant prove they aren't and that we've a right to look at what you all call false rumors and deem for ourselves the truthfulness in them. check this thread, one guys post news and then a bunch of intel owners get on and state it as less than a rumor and that people shouldn't post them.

we've a right to post what we want and discuss it without having to see every other post say "this is crap"

Umm you totally dont get it anyway lol, he was asking for suggestions on his build. NOONE! said he has to change anything but we gave him suggestions to go with an mid end dx10 card instead of going 1 pro than another prob when 1 pro costs almost as much as a 8800gts 320mb lol

its useless even explaining this to you... the posts on the intel chips in the last 6 months have been all useful to the end user.. this test of barcelona does nothing to 99.8% of users in the WORLD. at least all the posts I seen on c2d were based on real world computer use.

This is not just a rumor.. this is useless information.. if they really had the chip why not give us real world scores.

Your one of the ones who even with real proof in front of you showing that c2d is faster than what amd had/has, still said amd was faster... right? yeah I thought so. The details on this test is to sketchy... could be true, even if its useless to almost every single person in the world.

3)not that intel quadcores are anywhere near that price quad cores are atm reserved for the extremist market. and who says that barcelona or agena fx will have to be anywhere near half the price opf a kentfield to compete? odd thought there, not sure where you were going with it

I said this because if these results were true chance are that barcelona will not pwn intels quadcore and with quad core going for as low as 266usd... barcelona better have a half decent price.

Yeah I probably wont be getting one seeing how I wouldnt need it.. but I could recommend it to a friend for sure if it does what its seposed to do.. thats the diff between me and you, you stick with a brand by the looks of it being a hardcore fanboi.

Last edited:
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Your one of the ones who even with real proof in front of you showing that c2d is faster than what amd had/has, still said amd was faster... right? yeah I thought so. The details on this test is to sketchy... could be true, even if its useless to almost every single person in the world.

hate to tell you but your reading skills need work. if you checkthis thread and all others you'll see that while I know intel is faster I choose to buy amd for my own reasons. and actually I've noted several times in this thread alone that conroe is faster.

hmmm I think you two need to do alot more thinking and reading and alot less blurting out. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.