• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Should I buy an expensive headset?

System Name Xeon build X58 / Main Rig X79
Processor Intel Xeon x5650 @ 4.2Ghz with HT / Xeon E5 1650 v2 @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme socket 1366 / Asus P9X79 Pro socket 2011
Cooling Thermalright Archon +Ty 140mm|Fans : 2 front-1top-1rear-1bottom/ Gelid Phantom Twin Tower
Memory 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingstone Hyper x Quad Channel / 16gb DDR3 1600MHZ Patriot Viper 3
Video Card(s) Sapphire hd 7950 3gb Boost edition dual fan X / ZOTAC 1080 Ti Blower Edition
Storage Kingstone AV400ssd 120gb+Seagate B 2Tb+WD g 1tb+WD g 3tb+WD r 3tb+Seagate B 4tb+Lexar 2Tb NVMe
Display(s) AOC E2460S 24" 1080p 60hz 1ms / LG 32UK550B 32" UHD 4K HDR 10 with Freesync
Case Enermax Phoenix / Fractal Design Arc midi
Audio Device(s) SoundMaxHD+5.1 BHT1100 BLUESKY,Fiio E10 Olympus+SuperluxHD668b+KZ HBB pr2,Superlux E205.
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 650W semi modular / Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular
Mouse Generic Mice / Corsair M90
Keyboard Generic Keyboard / Microsoft WK600
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 /Windows 10 Pro 64
Ah yes! I have read up on reviews that I must connect it to a usb 2.0 port. I only have one port which is being used by my laptop cooling pad but it does offer a spare 2.0 usb slot to make up for the loss... would that be okay to use that???

I'm still interested in those razer and roccat headsets as I will use them for mainly gaming so I must consider them!
I'm only worried that the overall sound quality will be thin like my shakoon headset which is destroyed and gone :L
But my brother still has his so I will test it out again in BF4 and see how it fairs to a normal stereo headset.

But I do want a high quality headphones though! soo badly! It's driving me nuts that I have yet to decide on a pair yet :p
At this rate I feel as though I should just get two of them! On high quality headphones and a headset with multiple lower quality drivers for max immersion :p

I must go test BF4 with my Sennheiser HD 201 and Logitech G930 and sharkoon xTactic 5.1 headset ^^
Hopefully this will help me on what I really want for gaming ^^

i think is better to connect directly to the laptop or motherboard that using a passthrough .
About buy 2 different set well a good thing to do is try a good pair of headphone with and amp/dac and see how is going and after that try the g930 or the sharkoon and see if you find a difference .
I dont think that the hd 201 can give you a good example of stereo image because they have little driver and dont have a flat sound but a much more bassy sound like my old sennheiser hd 437.
After that if you think that is not for you that sell the amp/dac and the headphone but i dont think you will regret after listening how is suppose to listen audio especially in games like battlefield xd.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Everyone always trashes Razor but I got a headset and a keyboard by them and they work fine. Plus I look extra cool to the homosexual squirrels outside my office window. When I wear these they look at me while they mate. I know what their thinking too. "DAMN those are some sexy headphones."

System Name The Metadis
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asrock B650 RS Pro
Cooling MSI MAG CoreLiquid 360R V2
Memory 32GB G-Skill Trident Z5 Neo 6000mhz CL32
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RX 7900XTX OC 24GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB Gen4 nvme + Sabrent Rocket Pro 500GB Nvme Gen3
Display(s) LG C2 42" 4K 120hz OLED
Case NZXT H6 Flow
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Edition XS - Ifi Zen DAC V2 - 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko 14.6m Planar Diaphragm Drive IEM
Power Supply Seasonic G12 GM - 850W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Corsair M65 ELITE RGB Optical FPS Gaming Mouse (18000 DPI Optical Sensor)
Keyboard Redragon K648 90% Wired Aluminium Mechanical - Rock-Solid Metal Board Built-in Noise Absorbing Foams
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software Windows 11 64-bit
I suppose late I can always buy the 2 and see what I prefer!
But for now I must stick to just buying one and hopefully that'll satisfy my headphone needs :p

Those headphones do look pretty nice I must say! Razer know how to make things look flashy! My brother loves his razer keyboard and I agree that it looks great and feels great and performs great too!

Okay lads, I have tested all my headsets to see which sound best for 5.1 dvd movies and gaming.
Myself and my brother both tried each headset and compared them and came out with the same results and were both rather surprised and pleased at the same time ^^

In the movie testing we found that every headset performed very well and pretty much the exact same as each other despite the big price differences in these headsets.

The Sharkoon xtatic sounded the weakest out of the lot obviously and for its immersion they sounded the same in the movie but for one thing, the xtatic seemed to have a wider sound stage by a tiny bit and lesser rear surround compared to the stereo cans.
Maybe that's because the rears are only 10mm drivers?

While playing BF4, they all had the same immersion again and a very very pleasing surround sound effect and great sound stages for all headsets!

It has become quite clear that I don't need a multi driver headset as the stereo headphones performed better so that pleases me greatly!
My brother was very surprised with the results and couldn't quite believe that the sharkoon headset performed the same as my cheap sennheiser headphones! As was i to be fair :p

I made up my mind that i'll buy the beyerdynamic dt 990 pro headset and an AMP!

Now I just need to pick out an AMP ^^

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
What about your mic headset? I'd say Siberia v2, HS-800 or Razer Carcharias. Remember with the HS-800 the mic is detachable. You could buy a used pair for about ten quid and put them in the drawer.

Avoid USB headphones, whatever you do, just don't go down that rabbit hole.

Not a big fan of your choice with the Beyer 990s as a first pair of audiophile cans. They have a sharp sibilance and are a bit bassy, masking some of the sound stage. If you must go Beyer, the DT880 pro are better.
Still, at that price, you could buy a used amp and a pair of AKG cans or some Sennheisers. Also, Philips X1/00 Fidelios are sweet, could probably rock a mint pair used.

What sound card do you have? Or do you?

System Name The Metadis
Case NZXT H6 Flow
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Edition XS - Ifi Zen DAC V2 - 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko 14.6m Planar Diaphragm Drive IEM
Keyboard Redragon K648 90% Wired Aluminium Mechanical - Rock-Solid Metal Board Built-in Noise Absorbing Foams
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
As for mics, I use my laptop mic as it's sounding pretty good and better than any of my gaming headsets mics :p
I'll stick with that for the time being.
I will buy a ModMic later down the road once I feel it's time to upgrade the mic so there isn't any rush just yet!

I completely agree, USB headpsets\headphones are gone for good! They all fecking make hissing noises!

Yeah I've read plenty of reviews mentioning that they have pretty high treble but it can be fixed by tweaking the eq settings which I plan on doing.
I'm sure that'll be okay to do that?

I still am considering the Sennheiser 598 but I hear that they have some bass but many complain that they felt a bit lacking and wanting more.
I do like bass so I feel that what ever I go for must have the potential for good sounding bass :p

I don't have any sound card at all :/ That's why I'm looking at the Asus Xonar u7 and Creative Sound Blaster Omni as they have a built in AMP and DAC but I would prefer to buy a better amp.

But if I buy an AMP it'll mean I won't have a sound card and will need Razers software to manage the headphones.

I just don't know what to do about this situation!

Edit: Would the Schiit Magni do the job? It'll cost me 130 euro including shipping :/ Or should I go with something else? It's a bit expensive for my liking...

Last edited:
System Name The Metadis
Case NZXT H6 Flow
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Morning lads, Sorry to double post but I just wanted to let yee know that I bought the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250ohm off of ebay for 170 bucks brand new :)
I'm excited and relieved to have finally picked out which one I want! Happy days ^^
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions from everyone, it really made a difference.

Now I must choose an AMP! or I'll just stick with the asus external sound card or creatives for the mean time ^^

Edit: Okay lads, I just bought the Fiio E07K :p Reviews are positive and it suits me right down to the ground! So hopefully these perform well and have enough juice to drive me new headphones ^^

Last edited:
Cooling Thermalright Archon +Ty 140mm|Fans : 2 front-1top-1rear-1bottom/ Gelid Phantom Twin Tower
Memory 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingstone Hyper x Quad Channel / 16gb DDR3 1600MHZ Patriot Viper 3
Video Card(s) Sapphire hd 7950 3gb Boost edition dual fan X / ZOTAC 1080 Ti Blower Edition
Storage Kingstone AV400ssd 120gb+Seagate B 2Tb+WD g 1tb+WD g 3tb+WD r 3tb+Seagate B 4tb+Lexar 2Tb NVMe
Display(s) AOC E2460S 24" 1080p 60hz 1ms / LG 32UK550B 32" UHD 4K HDR 10 with Freesync
Audio Device(s) SoundMaxHD+5.1 BHT1100 BLUESKY,Fiio E10 Olympus+SuperluxHD668b+KZ HBB pr2,Superlux E205.
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 650W semi modular / Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular
Morning lads, Sorry to double post but I just wanted to let yee know that I bought the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250ohm off of ebay for 170 bucks brand new :)
I'm excited and relieved to have finally picked out which one I want! Happy days ^^
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions from everyone, it really made a difference.

Now I must choose an AMP! or I'll just stick with the asus external sound card or creatives for the mean time ^^

Edit: Okay lads, I just bought the Fiio E07K :p Reviews are positive and it suits me right down to the ground! So hopefully these perform well and have enough juice to drive me new headphones ^^

Good to hear you have choose the beyer and the fiio e07k is a good performer plus is portable but i think have much power my fiio e10 or some other amp/dac and remenber to swith the gain to high because you have to power the beyer with all the power necessary xd and of course take a look at the volume or you blow you ears xd

System Name The Metadis
Case NZXT H6 Flow
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Thanks ^^ Yeah I will raise the gain and hopefully it'll be powerful enough for my liking and won't be dissapointed :p
I always set my volume VERY low on everything before I do anything as I've learnt my lesson well in the past :L

I'm quite excited now I must say!

System Name The Metadis
Case NZXT H6 Flow
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Top of the morning too yee all, how's it hanging??

I have had 3 full days with my headphones and fiio e07k and I have to say I wasn't quite expecting this! I knew I was going to get better audio than any headset\headphones I've ever had but to spank my 5.1 home theatre system was very unexpected :O

I certainly am treated to a new realm of realism and I don't think I can ever go back!

Seriously though.. I launched BF4 and was suddenly greeted to a true cinematic experience that I never heard of before on my computer ^^
The positional audio is quite exemplary and clearly can hear footsteps and gun shots and rockets whizzing all around me and jets and helicopters flying over head!! I never experienced that before!

Listening to music is also better than usual and is very impressive while listening to FLAC audio files and while my blu ray movies sound so damn good that I am reaching for all my favourite movies again!

I can even use it on the PS4 and FLIIPPPING hell!! I downloaded Destiny Beta and set audio to LPCM and holy mother of GOD! Best sounding experience EVER! the positional audio is unreal and so damn beautiful that I stood at places for so long just listening to everything going on around me :L

I got my brother to check them out and he sat there wided eyed at what he was hearing and once he took these headphones off.. he stared at me like whhaaatt the feecckkk?!?!
So much so that he has a pair of these arriving next week :L

The great thing is I'm not trying to justify these headphones due to the hurting of my wallet! They really are better than I expected and sound stage is large and full of clear audio and I just can't take these things off me!

My next step is to buy a seperate AMP and a DAC in a couple weeks but I just can't imagine this headphone getting any better than this??
Like can it really get better by getting a more powerful AMP and a DAC??

They can. I didn't notice a big difference going from a tiny $100 uDAC2 to my $900 Amp/DAC combo. Then again, that little uDAC wouldn't be able to drive one of my pairs of headphones, nor did it support higher end capabilities of FLAC files. The biggest difference you'd notice is if that current amp couldn't handle higher impedence cans, which it seems isn't an issue with what you currently have. Then again, I've never really had any life changing experiences upgrading my audio reproducing capabilities, not since my first 5.1 system and shaking the house with a dedicated sub when I was a teenager.

I just notice small changes and things sounding a bit more clear.

You make me want to go buy that combo now. I wouldn't mind trying something different. Maybe when I get a raise I'll get a new set of cans.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
My next step is to buy a seperate AMP and a DAC in a couple weeks but I just can't imagine this headphone getting any better than this??

For me it was sound card that made the difference.
As an example :

Onboard sound + gaming headset (fatal1ty, razer etc.) = lacking bass, muddy and limited equalizing options.
Onboard sound + audiophile headphones = nice but limited
Soundcard + gaming headset = good bass (though not tight) and can achieve clarity with equalizing
Soundcard + audiophile headphones = worth the money, but lacking some punch
Soundcard + audiophile headphones + external amp = best purchase I had made in years

I am glad the headphones are an upgrade and the biggest thing you've picked up on is the combination of modern games with positional audio files, and decent sound stage headphones.
Now add on a decent DAC/AMP and there will be more character and authority behind the sound.

For me it was sound card that made the difference.

Are you using optical outs to the DAC? That's what I do and I just use the optical out on my MSI board. I don't think the extra cost of a seperate sound card would benefit for optical.

System Name Classy Gal
Processor i7 2600K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1070 FE
Storage 2x120GB Vertex 3 - 1x1TB WD
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Titanium HD
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 750W
Software Win10 / Linux Mint
Soundcard + audiophile headphones + external amp = best purchase I had made in years

Me too, i hardly even use my HT anymore. The first time i played CS of BF, etc with the sound card+ A headphones and amp i felt i was almost cheating, i could easily heard where they where coming from.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Are you using optical outs to the DAC? That's what I do and I just use the optical out on my MSI board. I don't think the extra cost of a seperate sound card would benefit for optical.

No I am using the headphone input (as it has a built-in amp). The soundcard is simply for quality and equalizing options.

Me too, i hardly even use my HT anymore. The first time i played CS of BF, etc with the sound card+ A headphones and amp i felt i was almost cheating, i could easily heard where they where coming from.

:)

Top of the morning too yee all, how's it hanging??

I have had 3 full days with my headphones and fiio e07k and I have to say I wasn't quite expecting this! I knew I was going to get better audio than any headset\headphones I've ever had but to spank my 5.1 home theatre system was very unexpected :O

I certainly am treated to a new realm of realism and I don't think I can ever go back!

Seriously though.. I launched BF4 and was suddenly greeted to a true cinematic experience that I never heard of before on my computer ^^
The positional audio is quite exemplary and clearly can hear footsteps and gun shots and rockets whizzing all around me and jets and helicopters flying over head!! I never experienced that before!

Listening to music is also better than usual and is very impressive while listening to FLAC audio files and while my blu ray movies sound so damn good that I am reaching for all my favourite movies again!

I can even use it on the PS4 and FLIIPPPING hell!! I downloaded Destiny Beta and set audio to LPCM and holy mother of GOD! Best sounding experience EVER! the positional audio is unreal and so damn beautiful that I stood at places for so long just listening to everything going on around me :L

I got my brother to check them out and he sat there wided eyed at what he was hearing and once he took these headphones off.. he stared at me like whhaaatt the feecckkk?!?!
So much so that he has a pair of these arriving next week :L

The great thing is I'm not trying to justify these headphones due to the hurting of my wallet! They really are better than I expected and sound stage is large and full of clear audio and I just can't take these things off me!

im happy to hear that you have see now what good audio is xd i can suggest to you the odac o2 from mayflower is very good and can drive every headphone and its a amp/dac combo unit or now that you have the fiio e07k you can buy a e09k amp from fiio and use the e07k as dac after you put it on the dock of the e09k xd.

System Name The Metadis
Case NZXT H6 Flow
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
I would highly recommend buying yourself a new pair of cans when ever you can! get better if possible as it's highly worth while!

@newconroer: I certainly will get a better AMP and a better DAC, That's certainly going to happen! Would a Schiit Magni AMP work with the Fiio E07K? Or would I be better off getting a better DAC before getting an AMP??

I do want more control over sound options and EQ settings but for now, razer Surround does a good job but lowers quality and adds some latency but nothing serious though.

@Capitan Harlock: I was thinking about getting the E09k Amp next ^^ I think I'll get that or else a Schiit Magni Amp but I'll see which is better.

If you can swing it, I might step up to the Asgard 2, if you have powered bookshelf speakers you can run those through the amp as well. I run my Audioengine A5+'s through my Lyr amp. Also, any amp with work with any DAC as long as the DAC has RCA outs. So the Magni would not work with the E07K, nor would any amp, except the E09K because of the proprietary connection.

E09K specs:
- Power: 900mW (32Ω); 150mW (300Ω)
- Impedance Range:16 ~ 600Ω
- SNR: >100dB (A weight)
- Distortion: <0.003% (100mW) - Line Out: 2V rms
- Pre Out: 0~6V rms
- Power: DC15V/ 1.5A
- Size: 149 × 96 × 56mm

Magni:
requency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-200KHz, -3dB
Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 1.2W RMS per channel
Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 1.0W RMS per channel
Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 260mW RMS per channel
Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 130mW RMS per channel
THD: Less than 0.005%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS
IMD: Less than 0.007%, CCIF
SNR: Greater than 100db, unweighted, referenced to 1V RMS
Crosstalk: -70dB, 20 Hz-20KHz
Output Impedance: Less than 0.1 ohms
Gain: 5 (14db)
Topology: Fully discrete FET/bipolar, Class AB, DC coupled throughout
Protection: Standard failsafe DC power input and muting relay
Power Supply: “Wall wart” style 16VAC transformer, regulated +/- 15V rails
Power Consumption: 4W
Size: 5 x 3.5 x 1.25”
Weight: 1 lb

The Magni is more powerful across the entire range, so any cans would be louder with it. SNR is better and so is the THD. The only downside is you would have to get a new DAC, of course you'd still have the portable one when on the go.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
i think you should not buy much expensive headphone. Because you will waste money by doing this but if you are buying a good headphone then you will get a good experience.

^message of the day right here lads.

"Buying expensive headphones is a waste but buying good headphones will get good experience."

Time to count your pocket lint

Last edited:
I think the fiio e07k have a line out so yu can plug it to every amp you wanna buy via line out from the e07k but if you wanna buy a much powerfull combo and have the money for it go for the shit magni and the modi or the odac 2 combo unit .
The Fiio e09k costs around 90€ or so but depens on the retailer but for the schiit audio gear i dont know if you can buyit to another place other than theyr shop on the site.

You can find it other places, but it's usually the same price.

"Buying expensive headphones is a waste but buying good headphones will get good experience."

Some people like nice things and they also like nice things that look and feel nice. "Buying expensive computer equipment is a waste, but buying good equipment will get you a good experience." See what I did there?

I'll agree once you start getting into the $500 plus range. Then again, the most expensive headphones I've listened to are my HifiMan HE-500's and my Dac/AMP setup.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
You can find it other places, but it's usually the same price.

Some people like nice things and they also like nice things that look and feel nice. "Buying expensive computer equipment is a waste, but buying good equipment will get you a good experience." See what I did there?

I'll agree once you start getting into the $500 plus range. Then again, the most expensive headphones I've listened to are my HifiMan HE-500's and my Dac/AMP setup.

But its a bit of a contradictory statement. sometimes cheap can be cheerful, but theyre not exactly going to give you a Buggati Veyron for the price of a 2nd hand Ford Focus. Corners will be cut to give you what you want at a cheaper price.

as for your spin on the whole thing.

sometimes a better experience costs money - sorta like hookers.... You can go with your $10 crack whores or you can go for something a little more fancy along the lines of $100+ for a more safer & enjoyable experience. Its hard to rate PC in terms of 'good experience' because there are so many tiers of 'good experience'

What is a 'good experience' on PC? a machine that BSODs once a week? a machine that will only run your games on mid settings? a dual core i3 setup with 4 gigs of ram HD3000 graphics? - Not exactly the best experience nor good experience for gaming. perfect experience for just everyday general use though.....

System Name The Metadis
Case NZXT H6 Flow
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
I must ask, what does 600 ohms: 130mW mean? I understand the 600ohms but what is the 130mW???
It would certainly appear as tough I must buy he Schit Magni AMP, I was checking up on it an reading some reviews and it seems very impressive for the price ^^
It'll cost me 140 euro in total though from their website as I can't find it anywhere else :/

The E07K Does have a line out port I believe? I'm looking at it right now so it must be a line out :p Would that mean the Magni would work perfectly with this?
Then later I could buy a DAC to make it sound better?

I still do't know if I will get an AMP first or a DAC :p Or which would make the most difference!

You have would to get a line out (green plug) to RCA adapter to work with the Magni. Also, it means that with 600 ohm impedance headphones, the amp can output 130mW to drive the headphones.

Its hard to rate PC in terms of 'good experience' because there are so many tiers of 'good experience'

And there are many tiers of headphones. I'm not exactly sure what you're arguing, other than pretty much saying what I said. What I meant was, you can get a 780 and it'll work great. You can get a 780 Ti for those few extra frames, but you don't need it. You can get $300 headphones and they'll sound great. You can get $700 headphones for that increase in quality, but you don't need it.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
don't buy the Schiit Magni or Modi unless you plan on exchanging the Fiio E07K.

the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 ohm has a high sensitivity, so it doesn't need a lot of driving power. it's also nowhere near Mid-Fi or Hi-Fi quality.

look at these headphones if you want to upgrade

Shure SRH1540
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
HiFiMAN HE-400
AKG K712 Pro

and then invest in a Schiit Magni and Modi stack.