• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Good Work Systems releases Fragpedal Elite

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
Berkeley, CA -April 2007 - Good Work Systems today announced the release of the Fragpedal Elite, a sleek new edition of their popular new dual-foot 4-button Fragpedal USB gaming foot pedal. The Fragpedal Elite follows in the "foot steps" of the original Fragpedal Classic released in early 2006, this time with a new button design nuanced for ultra-fast "twitch" response in First Person Shooters. Both models of the Fragpedal allow gamers to enter mouse and keyboard commands as well as sophisticated macros with both feet, a capability that has been wholeheartedly welcomed by PC gamers.

"Our feedback from gamers has been very enthusiastic," explained Tony Davenport, the Design Team Leader for the product. "It's not surprising as we designed the device in part from requests and feedback from our gaming mouse customers. We are happy to give gamers a way to get their feet into the game as well as their hands, as the added body involvement tends to make the gaming experience more immersive and fun."

Have Wii heard this somewhere before?

"I had no idea how fast I was with my feet until I started gaming with the Fragpedal," says John Frazier at Thinkgeek.com. "Amazingly, the coolest thing about the "Pedominator" for me was moving the fire button to my right foot. This lets me move the mouse with all my fingers and no firing distraction. I can't believe how much that changed how I use the mouse. I can aim and strafe much more precisely now which by itself is a huge improvement to my game."

The new button design of the Fragpedal Elite, which features gold-plated switch contacts for super conductivity, is tuned to allow a "very light" foot pressure to reduce the switch contact height by 50% so that just a twitch sets them off. The specially designed rubber buttons have no moving parts to break and are rated for 5 million presses.

The Fragpedal Elite is powered by embedded GWS PAL software which allows the buttons to send mouse and keyboard commands as well as complex timed macros making it ideal for game from First Person Shooters to MMORPGs. PAL Smart Button technology triples the usefulness of the 4 Fragpedal buttons by providing "Button Timing Intelligence" that enables the buttons to measure the duration of each press to conditionally send 1 of 3 different commands. Its embedded memory (32KB) stores programming for up to 30 games and an accompanying software applets automatically switches the profiles as you enter each. Its hardware based design requires no special drivers and allows it to plug and "just work" with Linux, Mac OSX and Windows OS including Vista.

The Fragpedal Elite has a MSRP of $79.95. It will be supported and available at an introductory price of $69.95 at Gamingmouse.com and other online and retail locations in early May 2007.

About Good Work Systems
Good Work Systems is an innovative American computer peripherals design company headquartered in Berkeley, California with a commitment to developing ergonomic input devices that increase performance and reduce operational stresses. In November of 2002, Good Work Systems introduced the world's first optical gaming mouse, the RTR-720. The company has specialized in gaming peripherals since 2001 and is currently developing products for both the gaming and DIMAR (Digital Image Manipulation and Rendering) markets. All products run under the company's flagship proprietary peripheral platform software, PAL (Peripheral Action Language) which enables customized, ergonomic, and intelligent operation of PC peripherals. Good Work Systems development team is an integral component of the company and the Fragpedal and other quality GWS products are efficiently assembled by American workers in the USA.

The Fragpedal and other cutting edge gaming peripherals are supported and available at Good Work Systems' product sales site http://www.gamingmouse.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Can someone get ahold of this and verify this please? Somehow, I dont see my feet being better than my hand and fingers.

Casheti

I wouldn't mind trying one of those, but I am pretty happy with mouse and keyboard.

Being able to aim freely with the mouse would be cool though...

jurrasstoil

I even have a hard time trying to grab something with my feet, how the heck am i supposed to "aim" with 'em on those two paddles?
I'd like to see an in-action video first :D

HaZe303

System Name Desktop PC & HTPC
Processor Intel Core i7 920@4.0ghz & Intel Q9450@3.6ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T Deluxe V2 & Asus P5Q-E
Cooling CPU: TRUE w/Noctua P12 Fan & TR Ultima-90I
Memory Corsair XMS 1900mhz & OCZ Reaper 8gb@900mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX460OC1GB SLIx2 @840/1680/2000mhz & ATI HD5870@1000/1300mhz + XFX 9800GT PhysX
Storage 3xSamsung TB1 F1@raid0, 2xOCZ SSD@Raid0, and several others..
Display(s) FS LSL 3260W 26" LCD@1920x1200 & LG 37" HDTV@1360x768
Case Silverstone TJ09B (WINDOW DIY) & Silverstone LC17
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD 5.1 DolbySurround & X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply ThermalTake ToughPower 1200W & Corsair TX650W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RT7Lite x64 & x86.
I even have a hard time trying to grab something with my feet, how the heck am i supposed to "aim" with 'em on those two paddles?
I'd like to see an in-action video first :D

lol, you dont aim with em??

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
Can someone get ahold of this and verify this please? Somehow, I dont see my feet being better than my hand and fingers.

We will be reviewing one in the near future!

cheers
DS