• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Introduces New Flagship CPU Water Block

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce the successor to EK-Supremacy flagship performance universal CPU water block.

EK-Supremacy EVO is an evolution of a EK-Supremacy flagship performance water block, introduced in 2012. More than one year worth of round-clock development, CFD analysis and rigorous testing is now resulting in ultimate performance, unmatched by any other product on the market.

"One of the key performance improvements is closely related with flow velocity field distribution optimization through the nozzle of the water block", said Vlado Schweiger, chief hydrodynamic engineer at EK Water Blocks.

EK-Supremacy EVO is a universal CPU water block that fits all modern CPU sockets with a universal mounting mechanism that offers error-preventing, tool-less installation. The result is a perfect installation which results in optimal performance every time. EK-Supremacy EVO is truly the only product for performance seeking enthusiasts. The key features are:
  • unmatched thermal performance - more than 2.2°C better performance on most popular LGA-1150 & LGA-2011 processors.
  • very high-flow design - low hydraulic restricion allows this product to be used in setups using weaker water pumps.
  • modular design - using various inserts and jets the performance can be further fine-tuned to unleash maximum performance by ensuring the optimal contact with the CPU integrated heat spreader (IHS).

"The key to optimal heat transfer is to ensure best possible mechanical contact between CPU and water block surface", said Niko Tivadar, Product Manager at EK Water Blocks. "We have achieved this by employing interchangeable inserts and jet plates. Getting those just right was a project on it's own".

The EK-Supremacy EVO uses the same cooling engine as its predecessor. The cooling liquid accelerates through jet plate's nozzle and turbulently continues its path through numerous very thin channels, which provide extreme heat dissipating surface area. Specifically designed and carefully machined copper base (sometimes referred to as 'cold plate') is made from purest copper available on the market and is further polished to absolute mirror finish. This alone greatly improves the cooling performance of EK-Supremacy EVO. To top it off this CPU water block comes with Gelid GC-Extreme premium performance thermal compound. It just doesn't get much better than this!

The top is made from either CNC machined acrylic glass, POM Acetal or Brass (depending on the variant) while the insert is made from injection moulded (M)ABS polymer. Plexi top variants have two slots for easy installation of 3mm LED diodes.

CPU socket compatibility:
  • Intel LGA-775
  • Intel LGA-1150/1155/1156
  • Intel LGA-1366
  • Intel LGA-2011
  • AMD Sockets: 939, 754, 940
  • AMD Sockets: AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+,FM2, FM2+

Enclosed:
  • EK-Supremacy EVO series water block
  • EK-Supremacy EVO PreciseMount mounting mechanism
  • EK-Supremacy Backplate system (Intel LGA-1366 & AMD AMx Backplate; Intel LGA-115x Backplate ; rubber gasket)
  • Additional AMD Socket mounting plate
  • TIM / thermal grease: Gelid GC-Extreme (EKWB 1.5g)

EK-Supremacy EVO comes in many variants and is readily available for purchase through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network. An upgrade kit for existing EK-Supremacy to EVO standard and even more variants will be available for purchase in the upcoming weeks.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Cool. Though i wonder how far they can even push this technology. It seems water blocks are hitting the same limitation as heatpipe tower coolers. You can keep on making them infinitely bigger. Water blocks have the same technological limitation at some point and they are pretty much already make them as good as they can get.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Cool. Though i wonder how far they can even push this technology. It seems water blocks are hitting the same limitation as heatpipe tower coolers. You can keep on making them infinitely bigger. Water blocks have the same technological limitation at some point and they are pretty much already make them as good as they can get.

Agreed, following the basic laws of thermodynamics. You can only move so much heat through a meduim (including the CPU die itself), at a certain temperature differential.

So at a certain point, you need to change the temperature differential (TEC, Phase change, etc)

System Name "IBT 10x Maximum Stable"
Processor Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz -> 100xx46 - 1.296v
Motherboard MSI MPower Z97
Cooling Corsair H100i + 2x Corsair "HP Edition" SP120's
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz @ 2400MHz 10-11-12-31-1T - 1.66v
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX970 4GB @ 1314 Core/1973 Mem/1515 Boost
Storage Kingston 3K 120GB SSD + Western Digital 'Green' 2TB + Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS 23" IPS
Case Corsair Carbide 300R
Audio Device(s) Rotel RA-04/Cambridge Audio Azur 540R + B&W DM302/Cerwin Vega AT12 / Sony MDR-XB700 & FiiO E5
Power Supply EVGA NEX650G + Silverstone Extensions
Mouse Always failing me....
Keyboard Endlessly broken.....
Software Windoze 7 Pro 64-bit/Windoze 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores I had some of these once upon a time? Old age has seen me misplace them....

AKA the A

There still is the possibility of letting the cooling fluid touch the heatspreader directly, i.e. the water block would have an O-ring and no bottom ;-)

Or if you feel like it, you could take off the heaspreader and do the same for the bare die :D

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Air cooled water block? Air block? Don't be silly. I've had my Thermaltake Volcano 7+ decade and a half ago and is essentially exactly the same thing as his "invention". Block of copper cut to have a lot of thin fins. Basically this guy invented an air cooler we were all using back around year 2000. Hehe :D

I've seen it. And it's a copper block with a fan on it. Aka same thing as TT Volcano 7+ cooler from 15 years ago. Give or take a year. Not sure why everyone is so excited about it. The reason why these were gon is because heatpipes arrived...

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I've seen it. And it's a copper block with a fan on it. Aka same thing as TT Volcano 7+ cooler from 15 years ago. Give or take a year. Not sure why everyone is so excited about it. The reason why these were gon is because heatpipes arrived...

Better CPU block internals + rad/fan immediately on top is a good way to get even lower CPU temps. As you said, there isn't a whole lot more that can be done with existing CPU blocks.