• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Reveals the Sound Blaster X7

Creative Technology Ltd today announced the Sound Blaster X7, its most powerful and technologically advanced audio solution to date. Created to provide only the best audio experience for gamers, the Sound Blaster X7 incorporates Creative's renowned audio processing technologies with the finest audiophile-grade components and specifications, coupled with a whole slew of advanced features to cover all aspects of usage on different platforms.

Designed to connect with a whole range of gaming and entertainment systems, the Sound Blaster X7 functions as an ultra high-end external Sound Blaster with an impressive 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and 100 W-capable audio amplifier. The result: the clearest, most powerful high-resolution audio experience for games, music and movies.

"The world has changed, and so must Sound Blaster. The answer is the Sound Blaster X7. Audio content for games, music and movies has changed so incredibly in detail and complexity in this day and age, and consumed on so many platforms -- PCs, laptops, smart devices, TVs and game consoles to name a few -- and by many different generations of users. Our goal is to allow all these users of all these platforms to enjoy the best audio in the way it's meant to be heard, and in the way they want to hear it. That's why we've created the Sound Blaster X7. It is absolutely the biggest, baddest, and boldest Sound Blaster to date," says Wong Hoo Sim, CEO of Creative.

"It boasts the biggest array of features of any Sound Blaster, including an unprecedented kick-ass built-in power amplifier, cross-platform connectivity, and our proprietary intelligent audio enhancement technologies. It is the baddest player in the arena of entertainment audio -- we have spared no effort in spoiling our users with only the finest of the finest audiophile-grade components that deliver the absolute best audio performance. We have no concern for cost as long as our users get the best of the best. We splurged on exquisite Fine-Gold capacitors just to squeeze out that last drop of performance on top of the already superb audio quality. We even indulged our users' wish to have swappable op-amps to customize their audio's tonal characteristics. And the boldest, because we dared to overcome mountains of obstacles to create an ultra premium audiophile-grade device and fuse it with such a mind-blowing list of features; and then compress all of it into one stylish compact trapezoidal prism that can be easily connected to the PC and just about anything else. So if you've always aspired to pwn the Everest of Audio, seek no further. It's here."

The Sound Blaster X7 for Captivating and Adrenaline-Pumping Games
Users of the Sound Blaster X7 will gain full access to Creative's extensive suite of advanced audio enhancement technologies through the built-in SB-Axx1 multi-core DSP that deliver an all-new standard of audio realism for games. This functionality is especially pertinent to capture and reproduce the incredibly detailed audio created alongside the immensely compelling graphics and expansive environments found in today's popular gaming titles, such as Battlefield 4, Titanfall and Skyrim.

With the Sound Blaster X7's massive connectivity options, users who game on PCs, laptops, game consoles, tablets, smartphones and even TVs can now enjoy the full benefits of these enhancement technologies. Upgrading to the external Sound Blaster X7 is a breeze -- just plug and play!

The Sound Blaster X7 for Mellifluous and Beyond Pristine Music
Today, average users -- and even audiophiles -- store most of their music on their PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. The Sound Blaster X7 connects to these devices while boasting the finest components and top-notch specifications that allow users to enjoy ultra high-resolution music the way it was recorded in the studio.

These components and amplification capabilities allow the Sound Blaster X7 to deliver amazing audio quality even by audiophile standards on passive bookshelf and tower speakers.

Audiophile-grade components, features, and specifications:
  • Burr-Brown (PCM1794) 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) supports high-resolution audio playback of HD audio tracks up to 24-bit/192kHz when connected to PC/Mac, including 24-bit/88.2kHz and 24-bit/176.4kHz
  • Texas Instruments (TPA6120A2) 600ohm headphone amplifier is capable of driving audiophile-grade headphones, with full and detailed clarity
  • High power, high efficiency Texas Instruments Class D amplifier (TPA3116D2) delivers up to 100W power (2 x 50W @ 4ohm)* to passive bookshelf and tower speakers
  • Burr-Brown (PCM4220) 123dB analog-to-digital converter (ADC) delivers high quality, low noise analog line-in audio playback and audio recording of up to 24-bit/192kHz
  • Nichicon "Fine Gold" capacitors offers rich sound in the bass register and clearer highs
  • USB 2.0 Host connectivity allows direct streaming of high quality, lossless audio from Android and iOS devices
  • Asynchronous Mode USB Audio greatly reduces jitter and allows accurate high-resolution audio data transfer from the computer
  • Swappable op-amps for customizable tonality
  • ASIO support allows for reduced latency for a higher resolution audio experience
  • Gold-plated audio connectors create precise contact for low signal loss
  • *100 W speaker output requires upgrade to high power adapter (24V 6A).
  • Supplied power adapter provides up to 2 X 38W @ 4ohm.

The Sound Blaster X7 for Immersive and Explosive Movies
With the advent of high-speed broadband, users have easy access to HD and Ultra HD movies through download sites and streaming solutions such as Netflix. These sites and services have upped the ante of users' expectations in terms of the visual quality of their entertainment, but they are often let down by subpar audio from inferior sound systems.

The Sound Blaster X7 will bring TV and movie audio to a whole new level of detail and realism. Users can connect the Sound Blaster X7 to their existing sound systems and enjoy the full suite of Sound Blaster processing for real-time audio enhancement. For instance, SBX Crystalizer is able to emphasize subtle audio details that were previously unheard, while SBX Bass enhances low frequency audio for an impactful experience, for example, with explosions in fast-paced action movies and shows. SBX Smart Volume on the other hand, intelligently minimizes abrupt volume level changes during playback and between commercials.

Users will also be able to enjoy a cinematic audio experience via the Sound Blaster X7's built-in Dolby Digital decoding technology that delivers powerful 5.1 discrete channels of high-quality surround sound for supported content via their speaker systems.

Ultra High Fidelity Digital Audio Superhighway
The Sound Blaster X7 provides a digital audio superhighway starting right from the original uncompressed audio from the PC/Mac, through a high-speed USB 2.0 digital audio path, to a high-resolution 24-bit/192kHz 127dB DAC, immediately coupled directly to a powerful 100 W built-in amplifier. Connect to any high-end passive speaker system that users have yearned for, and savor the deeply stirring music as it comes alive with stunning details!

Extensive Connectivity Options
The Sound Blaster X7 boasts a full range of convenient audio input and output connectivity options that allow it to serve as the ultimate audio upgrade for most sound systems.

Listen from all audio sources:
  • Digital High-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity to PC/Mac as an ultra high-end external Sound Blaster
  • Digital USB Host connectivity to select iOS/Android models for direct high quality, lossless audio streaming^
  • Optical S/PDIF-Input connectivity to televisions and gaming consoles
  • Features wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy connectivity and Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for one-touch Bluetooth pairing. Also supports HD audio codecs such as aptX Low Latency and AAC for a wireless connection as good as a wired connection, and Creative Multipoint for up to two simultaneous Bluetooth connections
  • Features an RCA Line-In (Right and Left) option for analog connectivity to other various audio sources
  • Features a 3.5mm Mic-In

Play to any speaker system and headphones:
  • Gold-plated 2-Way binding post terminal connectors for passive bookshelf and tower speakers (bare wires/banana plug connectivity). Comes with a switch for impedance selection
  • 5.1 analog connectivity for surround sound
  • Optical S/PDIF-Output connectivity
  • 1/4" (6.3mm) headphone out
  • 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone out

Other Great Features
  • For additional real-time audio enhancement for music, movies and games, the built-in multi-core SB-Axx1 audio processor allows users to activate Sound Blaster's intelligent processing capabilities via the SBX Pro Studio suite of technologies -- all at a touch of a button. It can also be switched off when listening to lossless audio
  • With the built-in beamforming CrystalVoice microphone array, the Sound Blaster X7 becomes an intelligent speakerphone for crystal clear voice calls when connected to PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. Users can even record their conversations when connected to a PC/Mac
  • CrystalVoice FX allows users to morph their voice into different characters (male, female, orc, alien, elderly, robot, scrappy kid, and more) in games, chats, phone and video calls, and recordings
  • Total audio control over Sound Blaster X7 on any platform -- PC, Mac, iOS or Android. The Sound Blaster X7 Control Panel for PC/Mac users, while the Sound Blaster Central mobile application for iOS and Android devices gives users full access to customize their audio settings, like a remote control right in the palm of their hand

Pricing and Availability
The Creative Sound Blaster X7, priced at USD399.99, will be available in December 2014 at the online store at creative.com.
For in-store availability, please refer to local authorized dealers.

For more information about the Creative Sound Blaster X7, please visit www.soundblaster.com/X7.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
Nice all in 1 .good parts .wona heard wona hewe:laugh:

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"
Kind of want. I wonder how my HD650s would sound through this...

System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
for some reason i'm thinking of Pink Floyd after clicking on the X7 site link... wonder why (/sarcasm)

seriously though... looks neat. i've always wondered why they haven't put amps in their sound cards sooner for speakers. I mean would it really be that hard to have a power cable inside the pc connect to the sound card to power your speakers?

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Looks like a coffin... lol

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) XFX 6800 XT Speedster Merc 319 Black
Storage Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850B x 2 / ASUS MG278Q
Case be quiet! Silent Base 802
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster AE-7 / Sennheiser HD 660S
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64
The horror of Creative driver support.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
System Name As Himself
Processor 2700X
Motherboard Asrock 370X ThaiChi
Cooling Custom Liquid
Memory 4133MHz Team
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Storage Samsung 512 SSD's
Display(s) Asus "24 144Hz
Case Tt P5
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence One Muses/Sparkos
Power Supply EVGA 1200
Mouse RAT ProX
Keyboard Drop CTRL
Software W10 steam futuremark
$400 and still only 5.1....

no thanks. but it may go well with a pair of high end passive bookshelf speakers like Audioengine P5's

System Name -aLiEn beaTs-
Processor Intel i7 11700kf @ 5.055Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z490 Unify
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.skill Royal Silver 4400 cl17 @ 4403mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 980TI AMP!Omega Factory OC 1418MHz
Storage Intel SSD 330, Crucial SSD MX300 & MX500
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144HZ
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD @ 2.1 Bose acoustimass 5
Power Supply CoolerMaster 850W v2 gold atx 2.52
Mouse Razer viper 8k
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 11 Pro 21h2 64Bit
Benchmark Scores ► ♪♫♪♩♬♫♪♭
And i thought it's a new generation Sound Blaster soundcard...
yeah me too, Sound core3d is not the greatest, I found my XFI HD better, well at least its all in HW level.

The horror of Creative driver support.

Based on this i can assume you never used ASUS soundcards... I haven't had so many problems with like 6 generations of Creative cards than i had with just one ASUS... I'd buy another Sound Blaster soundhard without hesistation. Have the SB Z right now and it's great.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
I call those specs BULLSHIT!
Why? Simple put, the USB 2.0 port doesn't have enough bandwidth to process all off those effects without doing somekind of super compression or something. I mean, seriously.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I call those specs BULLSHIT!
Why? Simple put, the USB 2.0 port doesn't have enough bandwidth to process all off those effects without doing somekind of super compression or something. I mean, seriously.

Uncompressed PCM 192Khz audio at 24-bit wouldn't consume much more than 0.5MB/s per channel. USB 2.0 is 480Mbit which is capable of much more than that, (60MB/s excluding overhead).

Consider that 192,000 samples per second with 24-bits per sample. That's 192,000hz * 24bits / 8 bits in a byte = 576,000 bytes/s = 576KB/s. So at max, you'll have 8 channels, 4MB/s.

What are you complaining about again? :confused:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Aquinus.
Agree man. For desktop use is fine, not question asked.
I was talking about games. You have 64 voices distributed on a 6 channel setup. Plus the additional effects and post-processing which takes a lot of bandwidth ;) . Try doing the math now :)

Why do you think they are using now PCIE sound cards for best results? And don't get me starting with the latencies on the USB port...

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Aquinus.
Agree man. For desktop use is fine, not question asked.
I was talking about games. You have 64 voices distributed on a 6 channel setup. Plus the additional effects and post-processing which takes a lot of bandwidth ;) . Try doing the math now :)

Why do you think they are using now PCIE sound cards for best results? And don't get me starting with the latencies on the USB port...

The move from PCI to PCI-E 1x was to reduce noise.

When PCI-E 1x was relatively new it was a gimmick to increase sales.

The location of your PCI-E 1x sound card means it doesn't get obstructed by the video cards. Thus reducing directional heat onto the soundcard e.g. less refunds and returns due to heat related faults.

The location of your PCI 1x slot means people with Micro motherboards with limited traditional PCI slots can still upgrade the soundcard.

Many reasons why they moved to PCI 1x other than bandwidth.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
when many onboard souncard improved, i guess the room for that sound card will be smaller