• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Readies Radeon R9 390X to Take on GeForce GTX 980

Processor AMD FX-8320
Motherboard AsRock 970 PRO3 R2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra120 eXtreme + 2 LED Green fans
Memory 2 x 4096 MB DDR3-1333 A-Data
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE 4096M R9 FURY X 4G D5
Storage ST1000VX000 • SV35.6 Series™ 1000 GB 7200 rpm
Display(s) Acer S277HK wmidpp 27" 4K (3840 x 2160) IPS
Case Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Black + Red Lights
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply OCZ ProXStream 1000W
Mouse Genius NetScroll 100X
Keyboard Logitech Wave
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
It's the overall ethical stand I'm taking - It's better that the tech industry moves to lower power devices, for all our sakes.

Why do you think it's better? Because the current trend says so or you have another point about caring about the planet or so?

For the sake of it, it would be better if there are no devices at all which need electricity from the grid. :D

Keep in mind, that not always lower temporary power consumption, would mean lower absolute power consumption in the end. Simply because when you make the calculation in the end, it might turn that you actually burnt more power using your device longer time. :D

People think we spend more on electricity expenses because our systems use more power and produce more heat. Well that's dumb. I had my room radiators closed pretty much the entire winter because computer was entertaining me and also heating the room enough that i didn't really need to spend additional heating device which in turn requires resources to operate which at the end of the day cost money. Plus GeForce cards have always been more expensive, even if for tiny bit than Radeon cards so the stuff you might save in 5 years time of using the card was already wasted when you bought the more expensive but more power saving gfx card. So it doesn't really matter. The differences are too small to justify them in the long run because lets face it, most of us here don't have the same graphic card for 4-5 years. For me it's already long to have the same one for 2 years. And when i do have them for longer it's because graphic card vendors are dicking around with renaming old stuff and making tiny jumps and expecting us to pay full price every time. Well F that.

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Cougar MG120-G
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
Just as well, since it's here to stay. Both AMD and Nvidia need GPGPU to survive - HSA, cloud computing/VDI, HPC, workstation. Nvidia built an empire from professional graphics, and while bang-for-buck might be OK for the consumer market (although in truth all it has done is allow AMD to retain parity), the pro markets are predicated upon high core count, high bandwidth parts. The pro markets also tend to pay the bills better than most other segments...5% of graphics unit sales account for 30% of discrete board revenue, and that percentage grows as the low end of the market gets gobbled up by IGPs. With OpenCL finally starting to see some kind of adoption, AMD don't really have any reason not to bifurcate their product line as Nvidia has done. Monolithic GPU for pro and high end consumer (where the large die and R&D is largely paid off by high ASP pro parts), and stripped down "good enough" mainstream/low end parts area-ruled for maximum yield and prioritized feature set.

From my point of of view,nVidia needed GPGPU badly.AMD already won all console market,competes greatly in iGPU segment and "always had" competitive prices in off board GPU.To me,HSA,Mantle or any other software development derivatives is just another extended capabilites AMD GPU's.They might useful,but will not add something to already been there.
For professional market,same things applies and there 2 kinds of firm,the one that depends on hardware and the one that rely on their creativity.A $750 Quadro K4000 may look better than $450 Firepro W5000 and might faster,but the outcome is nothing different.
Bottom line,it's your choice.Efficient it not a sole measurement and hardware doesn't reflects intelligence.

People think we spend more on electricity expenses because our systems use more power and produce more heat. Well that's dumb. I had my room radiators closed pretty much the entire winter because computer was entertaining me and also heating the room enough that i didn't really need to spend additional heating device which in turn requires resources to operate which at the end of the day cost money. Plus GeForce cards have always been more expensive, even if for tiny bit than Radeon cards so the stuff you might save in 5 years time of using the card was already wasted when you bought the more expensive but more power saving gfx card. So it doesn't really matter. The differences are too small to justify them in the long run because lets face it, most of us here don't have the same graphic card for 4-5 years. For me it's already long to have the same one for 2 years. And when i do have them for longer it's because graphic card vendors are dicking around with renaming old stuff and making tiny jumps and expecting us to pay full price every time. Well F that.

+1.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
I am against what you sGTXay and for what AMD want to do. Because ultimately higher power consumption equals to higher performance than if the former was lower. ;)

I am positive towards aggressive performance jumps. ;)

Cool story, friendo.

Wilkes consumes more power but is slower than Tsubame.

When people start arguing eff vs heat,there's no end to this.Take a look at CPU side,Intel got "more efficient" and "way faster" yet people blindly forgot they operates nearly twice temperatures AMD had.I mean come on, Intel CPU idles temperature is AMD load temperatures.
Same matters applied here.If AMD decide to slap some closed loop watercooling for theirs next single or dual or whatever GPU,it clearly indicates fan legacy are not viable option.Yes it will hot,but not as hell as if you've been there before.It's seem AMD FIRST move to embedding closed watercooling for their hig-end GPU's will continue year ahead...and likely followed by nVidia sooner or later :p
I don't mind more power hungry or excessive heat,i just need the ability to do MSAA HBAO+SSAO multi monitor at reasonable prices :roll:

GTX 480 is more power hungry, hotter, faster than HD 5870 but everyone said that HD 5870 is better. Explain.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
yea! my amd cpu can idle bellow ambient mofo!!!!

stick that in your pipe and smoke it intel :rofl:

Processor AMD FX-8320
Keyboard Logitech Wave
GTX 480 is more power hungry, hotter, faster than HD 5870 but everyone said that HD 5870 is better. Explain.

GTX 480 had a lot of problems and some people even claimed that it was broken from the very beginning. Understand?

If everyone says something, it doesn't mean that it is true, of course in that case HD 5870 didn't have any of the problems of its counterpart.

But generally, human kind is so primitive exactly because of mutual agreements between most.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
GTX 480 had a lot of problems and some people even claimed that it was broken from the very beginning. Understand?

If everyone says something, it doesn't mean that it is true, of course in that case HD 5870 didn't have any of the problems of its counterpart.

But generally, human kind is so primitive exactly because of mutual agreements between most.

So high power usage and heat are problems to Nvidia but not for AMD? o_O

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10

What is your native language Xperia? Your english is very good but it is structured in a 'foreign' way. I'll read your posts as constructive due to a language difference, as opposed to you being 'eccentric' :D

Case Cougar MG120-G
VR HMD Meta Quest 2

Price?
Would you like to pay $100 more for 21ºC

and extra 4.2 fps?

Nah...it's your call after all.I don't mind :rolleyes:

Processor AMD FX-8320
Keyboard Logitech Wave
What is your native language Xperia? Your english is very good but it is structured in a 'foreign' way. I'll read your posts as constructive due to a language difference, as opposed to you being 'eccentric' :D

Yes, my native languages are different. But I thought it was correctly written. How should I structure the very same as native British?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Yes, my native languages are different. But I thought it was correctly written. How should I structure the very same as native British?

You structure it just fine - don't change it. :toast:

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I hope they do, for competition sake, not that currently I could afford such a card, but it drives the price of all cards down, and makes all cards that don't reach such price/performance metrics seem silly, or underpowered. See Titan Black for prime example.

Reactions: 64K
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
I hope they do, for competition sake, not that currently I could afford such a card, but it drives the price of all cards down, and makes all cards that don't reach such price/performance metrics seem silly, or underpowered. See Titan Black for prime example.
I don't agree with this Steve. Certain GPUs are out there just to pick-up filler sales to small niche of the market and consumer base - and an often ignorant one at that.
Your example of Titan Black (or any Titan for that matter) is perfect.
Between the option of SLI 680, 690, Titan, or Titan Black, the latter three are pointless, unless there's some physical or specific reason impeding you using 680 SLI.

Processor i7-13700k
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming z790-plus
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212 RGB
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR5 7000mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Dual Geforce RTX 4070 Super ( 2800mhz @ 1.0volt, ~60mhz overlock -.1volts. 180-190watt draw)
Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro PCIe4 NVme, 2x Samsung 1tb 850evo SSD, 3x WD drives, 2 seagate
Display(s) Acer Predator XB273u 27inch IPS G-Sync 165hz
Power Supply Corsair RMx Series RM850x (OCZ Z series PSU retired after 13 years of service)
Mouse Logitech G502 hero
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Anyone think that 390x is even close to being out? since amd rls'ed 285 few weeks ago would be kinda stupid for them to drop 300 series card so close to it?

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Anyone think that 390x is even close to being out? since amd rls'ed 285 few weeks ago would be kinda stupid for them to drop 300 series card so close to it?
Well, according to Asetek's PR trumpeting, the cooling solution won't be out until next year, so if the 390X is AMD's answer to the GTX 980 it's either going to be verrrrrry late to the party or released with air cooling.....or, and this is probably the actual scenario - the 390X and its AIO is meant for a completely different market segment (vs the big Maxwell chip), and the GTX 980 analogue is actually the ~350-390mm^2 "Bermuda" chip as illustrated a few months ago by 3DCenter.

From my perspective it looks like AMD will be soldiering on with the 290/290X for a while yet. The only obvious imminent launch seems to be the fully enabled Tonga (R9 285X), which I'm guessing will drop once Nvidia show their hand and AMD tune the clocks.
and extra 4.2 fps?

Nah...it's your call after all.I don't mind :rolleyes:
Why would you cherry pick a single benchmark to highlight the supposed difference between cards? If you went to the trouble of finding the GTX 480 review, surely you'd use the actual aggregated performance summary which would be a better indicator? - Oops, scrub that - it shows a 10% advantage rather than the 3.6% you're trying to depict at that resolution.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
AMD=old n busted

Nvidia GTX980 = New hotness
Praytell fine sir, where might I purchase this new card?

Oh yes, much like how truly awesome flying unicorns are its currently in the land of fairy tales, where your dreams CAN come true, as long as you wish hard enough.

Meanwhile, in reality,
I don't agree with this Steve. Certain GPUs are out there just to pick-up filler sales to small niche of the market and consumer base - and an often ignorant one at that.
Your example of Titan Black (or any Titan for that matter) is perfect.
Between the option of SLI 680, 690, Titan, or Titan Black, the latter three are pointless, unless there's some physical or specific reason impeding you using 680 SLI.

Yes, just like many rebrands, ignorant people will blindly buy due to it being "new". But those of us here, who read reviews, both for the brands we use, and those who compete and try to understand the strengths and weaknesses in each, should understand what and why, and shouldn't at least voice our opinions of mediocre overpriced hardware that does nothing to improve status quo, or to provide real world benefits to ourselves and mainstream consumers.

Processor Intel i7-4770k
Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
Cooling Deepcool GAMMAXX S40
Memory Kingston HyperX Beast Black 8gb @ 1600 cl8
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 670 POWER EDITION
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Caviar Black 500GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2420T
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U3
Power Supply FSP 650w
28nm are busted, waiting for maxw refresh.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Not really, AMD is waiting to see the cards first and then make their own adjustments on top of the fact the cooler itself is not slated for anything in 2014. Even with the waiting its more or less not going to change much right now because with recent results it seems that the 980 will not be too much higher than the 780ti which would mean AMD can play the waiting game since the 290X is plenty to keep relevance (as long as price matches) while they work out something else.

Well we need some better prices as lately things have gotten out of control to get the top end. Its at a point though where I believe people need to step up more and preach their problems with the price system more than anything since the biggest concern seems to be the same people whining many times about prices are the first ones purchasing said cards in high quantities (Referring to some of which are on this thread even). I agree completely with you that the pricing is getting ridiculous for cards and things like the Titans were just ridiculous beyond belief.

I can see a bright light hopefully the price of these next generation of cards will not be to crazy.

Last edited:
Case Cougar MG120-G
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Why would you cherry pick a single benchmark to highlight the supposed difference between cards? If you went to the trouble of finding the GTX 480 review, surely you'd use the actual aggregated performance summary which would be a better indicator? - Oops, scrub that - it shows a 10% advantage rather than the 3.6% you're trying to depict at that resolution.

I'm too lazy to dug deeper,it's already on the same page :laugh:
Let start over again...Would you like to pay $100 more to have astonishingly 96ºC

or pay less in trade of 10% slower?That's like 90 fps vs 100 fps...10 fps faster,or more likely 54 fps vs 60 fps....6 fps faster :roll::roll::roll:
Man,this whole percentage thingy make them look good on paper :roll:

Praytell fine sir, where might I purchase this new card?
Oh yes, much like how truly awesome flying unicorns are its currently in the land of fairy tales, where your dreams CAN come true, as long as you wish hard enough

He's just trolling.Like i stated before...

hardware doesn't reflects intelligence

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
I'm too lazy
I don't think I believe you. You can't be bothered including representative data when its sitting right in front of you after searching the database for two separate reviews and locating three separate pages within those two separate reviews. Colour me sceptical at the very least.
As for the GTX 480 and HD 5870 the cards themselves don't really interest me so best you don't try to derail the thread too much. The point being made is that the GF100 offered marginally more performance for worse power and heat...3-4 years on, the GK110 offers marginally more performance for better power and heat - so it is less about individual cards than a developing trend and how priorities for what is good or bad are dependant upon who makes the card.

The point is, if for example 90+°C is bad for the GTX 480, then the same is true for any other card that hits those temps. Noise, cost and any features tend to be subjective to the user so while they may be the subject of discussion they won't hold a universal value for everyone - the same can be said for heat production also if the user puts the cards underwater, or is happy so long as the components don't exceed the IC thermal threshold limit.
The only real difference - apart from cost - is that Nvidia cut its teeth on large GPUs that leveraged their software ecosystem. They started out big and hot (G80 -> GT200 -> GF100/110 -> GK110) and power/heat have been fairly consistent factors in the last 8 years - and an easy target, especially given that AMD pursued a small die policy after the R600. Now that compute has suddenly become something to have, and AMD's GPUs have become more complex (and steadily larger), the same people who quite happily pointed out the disparity between the 144W of Cypress and the 257W of GF100, and the (smaller) gap between the 185W of the HD 6970 and 226W of the GF110, have suddenly gone silent when the 290X pulls 271W against the 269W of the 780 Ti. I'd point out that this isn't obviously a one way street since Performance-per-watt wasn't a big talking point for people defending Fermi but suddenly became a must have feature with Kepler and now Maxwell. Those people aren't any more immune from criticism than the hypocrites on the other side of the imaginary divide. The only real remedy for being taken to task is to apply the same metrics as they apply to all GPUs irrespective of vendor.

Case Cougar MG120-G
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
I don't think I believe you. You can't be bothered including representative data when its sitting right in front of you after searching the database for two separate reviews and locating three separate pages within those two separate reviews. Colour me sceptical at the very least.

I make a conclusion in my earlier post..duh :laugh:

As for the GTX 480 and HD 5870 the cards themselves don't really interest me so best you don't try to derail the thread too much. The point being made is that the GF100 offered marginally more performance for worse power and heat...3-4 years on, the GK110 offers marginally more performance for better power and heat - so it is less about individual cards than a developing trend and how priorities for what is good or bad are dependant upon who makes the card.

So its my fault then...

Yeah..pretty much 3 star n00bs fault for responding :roll:

The point is, if for example 90+°C is bad for the GTX 480, then the same is true for any other card that hits those temps. Noise, cost and any features tend to be subjective to the user so while they may be the subject of discussion they won't hold a universal value for everyone - the same can be said for heat production also if the user puts the cards underwater, or is happy so long as the components don't exceed the IC thermal threshold limit.

As you said,this is a matter of subjective so your opinion is yours only.I never had and never tested R290X before so i know nothing about it.I'm just happy to have two R9 290,$250 more cheaper than GTX 780 or $500 if you SLI'ed them,faster in multimonitor when you crank details up,in exchange of excessive heat.And please don't talk about power consumption as 10W could make any difference :laugh:.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I like hearing news of the 290x price slash now i Can get a Sapphire 290X VaporX.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
With all this talk of energy usages and comparing GPUs that aren't even out yet sure makes me wonder why my laptop raised the bill $40 last month..

Being serious. I'm happy that new GPUs are coming out around the time I should be starting to work. New cool stuff to play with. I've used Intel, AMD, and Nvidia GPUs (Intel with their uber stronk integrated :laugh:) and it really comes down to what you like best. I like Nvidia because the frames are smoother and "normally" use less power, while AMD likes to shoot their GPUs with all this wattage and go for with blunt force for higher fps. Though I like AMD for their attempts at making some smexy red and black cards. Mmmm those colors are so nice together.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Yes, just like many rebrands, ignorant people will blindly buy due to it being "new". But those of us here, who read reviews, both for the brands we use, and those who compete and try to understand the strengths and weaknesses in each, should understand what and why, and shouldn't at least voice our opinions of mediocre overpriced hardware that does nothing to improve status quo, or to provide real world benefits to ourselves and mainstream consumers.

That's exactly right. The more knowledge we gain and share, the less people will accept rebadges and incremental gains on what is classed as 'new' hardware.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI MEG UNIFY
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360mm
Memory 4x8GB 3600c16 Ballistix
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB SX8200 Pro, 2TB SanDisk Ultra 3D, 6TB WD Red Pro
Display(s) Acer XV272U
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky One 2
I'll admit, nvidia has always given me a smoother experience. But who cares, new cards! I don't see what everyone's problem is with this.