• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Rig In The Making

So, Been awhile... Thought Id post whats in the making.
I'm building a new rig, and I am giving a rig to my friend for free, this is what I am starting my build around.
Over today and tomorrow, I will be posting pics.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
So who hates me for the teasing?

ME..... ┌∩┐(>_<)┌∩┐ ;)
I actually JUST took a ride down to Microcenter this past week to Help a friend grab some parts for a New A-10 AMD build, for gaming....and to be frank, I'm VERY happy it's You and NOT Me building a new Rig right now...FFS those RAM prices are Ridiculous right now. I'm Glad I built when I did. But I AM envious of the building, and opening of New components though...Just NOT the buying part.

t_ski

Former Staff
System Name My i7 Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard Asus X99-A II
Cooling Nickel-plated EK Supremacy EVO, D5 with XSPC Bayres & BIX Quad Radiator
Memory 4 x 8GB EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SuperClocked
Storage Samsung 950 Pro 256GB m.2 SSD + 480GB Sandisk storage SSD
Display(s) Three Asus 24" VW246H LCD's
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
System Name Project Evolv mATX V2
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.SKILL 3200 C14 / 1T running at 3400
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6800XT Nitro
Storage Samsung 980 pro NVMe 2TB
Display(s) Dual Samsung 27" G50A's
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX in Silver
Audio Device(s) To many to list - generally a modified E-MU 0404 combined with a Project Ember for my desktop use
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Software Win 11
Excellent mobo :)

So... Without Further waiting, as I tried some stuff, had to attempt stuff, and the sore back that came from juggling between 3 computers. I present to you the last and final piece that I got!

INTRODUCING THE R9-295X2!!!!!

Lets go over a few things.
Its a Chaser A41 Snow Edition from Thermaltake I won during a giveaway, which also I won with the Kingston 16GB HyperX 1866MHz Memory Kit.
Also from that giveaway was the Inwin 1200w Commander II Power Supply.
Other parts not mentioned is a 120gb SSD I had, as well as a 30gb Sata 2 SSD, and 1tb Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive.

So I pretty much had the base Build ready, I really did not feel like letting any parts go to waste, So I used what I could, Good or bad.

So, there were a few hard parts about this build.
First, A Suitable PSU, Making sure I had the power to supply what Is needed, For those who do not know, You need a PSU First for the 295x2 to consume 28amps PER RAIL/8pin. This PSU has 4 Rails, I used rail 4 and rail 3, Single connector ONLY, as they each can only do 40amps.

Also don't forget the Molex Connector for the GPUs to receive a healthy current as well.

This is key to know.

Also the PSU with 2x EPS (motherboard 8pin's) Is needed, But one has to be a 4+4 pin. This is to make sure the 9590 receives healthy current the entire time, as the Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula Z has a dedicated 8pin and optional 4pin.

Now, While I do now know that 2 cooler setups one being on the CPU as a AIO Cooler, and the other on the GPU which thankfully was a 120mm radiator as well, I ran into a issue.

With both taking up space, The Biggest problem was, Where am I going to put these?!?!?!. I almost got rid of the CPU AIO because I couldn't mount it above due to Cables from the EPS Getting in way, as the Motherboard Layout ruins quite a bit of things. I noticed this usually happens on ROG Boards.

Now with both figured out where to go, Cable Management was near impossible. With needed 2 Dedicated rails to the GPU, I had 2 PCI-E Powers that are non modular taking up space, as well as a few others.
Including needing power for the Mobo 4pin Molex to the GPU, and 2x Sata cables, one for HDD's and one for the single DVD Drive (Cant reach with single cable). I was still SLIGHTLY able to manage putting it together.

The one thing I wanted to do but could not, I wanted to make the 295x2 Radiator Push air into the case, not Push out. The reason I could not is because the radiator has to sit on the bottom of the case, as the radiator comes too much out the sides and would effect the PSU Cables more that were modular.

So, Without blabbing some more, I will finish this up with the following...

It was Challenging, It was fun, It will be going through some massive gaming sessions, and I couldn't be happier as I love challenges

So please feel free to Ask any questions for me.

Look how close it was just for the gpu...haha!

And of course, Windowed off, showing just the after glow of epicness.

System Name Project Evolv mATX V2
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.SKILL 3200 C14 / 1T running at 3400
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6800XT Nitro
Storage Samsung 980 pro NVMe 2TB
Display(s) Dual Samsung 27" G50A's
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX in Silver
Audio Device(s) To many to list - generally a modified E-MU 0404 combined with a Project Ember for my desktop use
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Software Win 11
Lordy 295x2 WOW!

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Can I have one ?

It Looks VERY nice, good job, I hope You enjoy it.

Ill break it in half so we both get 1 gpu? =P Haha.

Also thanks, I know I had alot to work with regarding the parts, the room, and the amount of cables, but I think it came out still fairly well.
Appreciate it!

Thanks as well Garage!

So, I decided to do this last night, and then take pics in the morning.
Here is the rig my friend is going to get, Still far better than his current.

I got it as good looking I could for him, He needs to pick it up already! haha.

Then, While I went off and did that, Of course I had to swap out the new rig as well, and here it is!

Look at Radeon Lurking in the shadows!

And of course side panel off so you can see the rest.

And a no flash.

I facepalmed when I was changing out rigs too, cause I forgot to clean my buddies rig I am giving him, and well... I had to dust it out as well adding another ugh moment to my week haha.

Alright, So I gotta send out my memory at some point because of BSOD's at XMP Settings sadly, and yeah couldnt run P95 without a worker failing within a few minutes, so for now I put in my Avexir memory I reviewed.
Also I tidied up a bit more, as I remembered what I couldn't do and tried it with the GPU and it worked, so now GPU on top and cpu on back for the radiators.

Looks alot better now IMO.