• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Boycott GTA 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Good luck with that.... :rolleyes:

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
i personally plan on buying GTA-5 , I'm not sure about all of this anger about paying full price, but It looks like it will be a fun game to play with friends, and if they want $50-$60 for that, I'll pay it. I dont understand how You guys already know what it will cost, I've looked on steam and there was no price shown, but what do You expect to pay? GTA-4 was released in 2008 and it is STILL $20 on steam, personally I'd LOVE it if it cost less, but IMO your making a BIG deal out of paying $60 for a good game. There are better causes for your time, other than trying to persuade rockstar to give you the game @ a discount of $20 or whatever. Not to mention I seem to remember seeing a petition online BEGGING rockstar to make a PC version of GTA-5, NOW I'm beginning to see why they might NOT have.

**EDIT** also, If You REALLY do believe in this issue, then Don't buy the game. I've noticed that a LOT of PC gamers complain ENDLESSLY about a developer's treatment of it's customers, and then 2 months later they are talking about they're latest experience in Said developers Latest game release. I cannot comment on You in that respect, Since I don't know You, but I would HOPE that if You truly feel SO strongly about this matter, that You will FOLLOW it through, and NOT buy GTA-5. I CAN respect a person who Stick's to they're convictions , and beleif's, I just LOSE all that respect when they Make a Big fuss, and then Fold, So please stand by what You believe in. As an example, I hated the changes that DICE made in BF3 POST release, and I never posted in any forum's, I never made a fuss, but I can ASSURE You that I didn't buy BF4, and I won't ever either.I played it for Free for a few days with origin game time, But since that BF3 issue I had, I haven't purchased a single Origin release, not to mention a DICE/EA release, So TRUST me , I get your point, I just hope You follow it through, because THAT is what matter's, it's NOT the bark, it's the BITE that hurts. Good Luck

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5900X OC 5150Mhz
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
Cooling Custom EKWB for CPU, VRM's & GPU with 2x 480mm Rads
Memory Gskill TridentZ 3600 Mhz C17
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB x 2 Raid0
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG272CQR 27 1440p x2
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) onboard 7.1 HD Audio
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1300w PSU
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 10 64Bit
Benchmark Scores R20 : 9329 Timespy: 21455
Bahahahahahahaha
:laugh:

No....
:slap:

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Bahahahahahahaha
:laugh:

No....
:slap:

So you like being controlled and shit on. Good job helping the PC gaming community.

Might as well buy a used 360, and used game and spend the $35 more that would cost you right now, and go play, and never come back.

How many here would change their mind if they found that Rockstar was paid to delay the PC release in an attempt to get gamers to buy next gen consoles?

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Sorry Steevo your way off on this. I don't own this game ,I haven't played this game nor has it been on my platform of choice, YET. So yeah I have already bought it for MY platform, PC. SO guess what? It's a NEW Game and priced as such.

So your entire premise is a fallacy and just looks like a whiny rant(which it is)

The only thing I am pissed about is the delay, period

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Sorry Steevo your way off on this. I don't own this game ,I haven't played this game nor has it been on my platform of choice, YET. So yeah I have already bought it for MY platform PC. So your entire premise is a fallacy and just looks like a whiny rant(which it is)
The only thing I am pissed about is the delay, period

If you had two options.

1) Buy the game and get it at the same time as next gen Consoles, no more or less content at the time. Full Price.

2) Buy the game 3 months later with a video editor as the extra added feature. Full price.

This isn't a rant, i could go right now and buy a 360 or PS3, buy the game and kick back and enjoy it. I am scared of the precedent this sets, sell games later than console versions, in this case, almost 2 years later, at full price.

What if every studio decided that PC games were now $80. Would you still buy it, what if it were late then?

We, the consumers are the ones in power here, instead of acting like a bunch of whipped pussies and eagerly gobbing up whatever they shit out for us and paying them for it, we need to stand up and tell them no, let them know that if they want to make a game this much after their precious console peasants we won't pay full price, we are good buying it at fair market value. But the kicker is, we set the fair market value, not them. I could take a shit and list it on Ebay, Amazon, or wherever and claim its worth a million bucks, but if no one buys it, it obviously not. Same for this and every other PC game, if no one buys it at $59.99 they will be forced to drop the price, once it reaches fair market value it will be bought.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
They could shit on your by not releasing it at all also.

Personally I don't care about GTA games. Never been a fan. However if you find a petition to boycott BF: Hardline Ill sign it in a second.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
If you had two options.

1) Buy the game and get it at the same time as next gen Consoles, no more or less content at the time. Full Price.

2) Buy the game 3 months later with a video editor as the extra added feature. Full price.

This isn't a rant, i could go right now and buy a 360 or PS3, buy the game and kick back and enjoy it. I am scared of the precedent this sets, sell games later than console versions, in this case, almost 2 years later, at full price.

What if every studio decided that PC games were now $80. Would you still buy it, what if it were late then?

We, the consumers are the ones in power here, instead of acting like a bunch of whipped pussies and eagerly gobbing up whatever they shit out for us and paying them for it, we need to stand up and tell them no, let them know that if they want to make a game this much after their precious console peasants we won't pay full price, we are good buying it at fair market value. But the kicker is, we set the fair market value, not them. I could take a shit and list it on Ebay, Amazon, or wherever and claim its worth a million bucks, but if no one buys it, it obviously not. Same for this and every other PC game, if no one buys it at $59.99 they will be forced to drop the price, once it reaches fair market value it will be bought.

I couldn't give 2 shits about the console or the market. I have a PS3 it hasn't seen a game in it or had it's controllers turned on in over a year. It's my Media Server.

I don't want to play it on Consoles even tho I could go with your logic and go out and buy it and play it now, I have the hardware to do so. But guess what? I waited this long to play it on PC, tho I am pissed it has been delayed longer I am still willing to wait it out so I can play it on my platform of choice. Again your point has no weight to a PC user. They are gonna buy it when it's available.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
They could shit on your by not releasing it at all also.

Personally I don't care about GTA games. Never been a fan. However if you find a petition to boycott BF: Hardline Ill sign it in a second.

Companies that ignore a large population of consumers, especially when the new consoles are PC hardware based. Doubt they will stop making it.

If they didn't ever release the PC version, I would go and buy a used 360 for the $60 they are going for on Amazon, spend the $32 for the used game, and drink beer and play it for the next few months and enjoy it. But they will, and are going to release it on PC.

Make a petition for BF. I haven't bought one of the new games from them either due to the rampant cheating, lack of innovation, or real gameplay they have had to offer since BF2, its regurgitated vomit for the new price.

I couldn't give 2 shits about the console or the market. I have a PS3 it hasn't seen a game in it or had it's controllers turned on in over a year. It's my Media Server.

I don't want to play it on Consoles even tho I could go with your logic and go out and buy it and play it now, I have the hardware to do so. But guess what? I waited this long to play it on PC, tho I am pissed it has been delayed longer I am still willing to wait it out so I can play it on my platform of choice. Again your point has no weight to a PC user. They are gonna buy it when it's available.

If you don't care about it being available, do you care you are being charged new price for a old game? And if you don't care about that, why are you posting in this thread? lack of any good games to play?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Sony and Microsoft put ridiculous deadlines on developers in order to meet strict console publishing standards; these standards do not exist on PC. The result is that the PC version tends to be better (supports broad variety of hardware, more resolutions/ratios, larger textures, more options, etc.). I have no problem waiting when the final product is consistently better.

Basically what you're demanding Rockstar do is to keep the console versions of the product shelved until the PC version is ready. The only way that is going to happen is if the PC version is rushed (like most other developers) so the game has to be patched a dozen times to be playable. I'd rather have a product that is virtually bug-free on day one but months late than a game that crashes every five minutes and months early.

I will buy GTA5 when it comes down to a price I'm willing to pay (as with all other games).

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Companies that ignore a large population of consumers, especially when the new consoles are PC hardware based. Doubt they will stop making it.

If they didn't ever release the PC version, I would go and buy a used 360 for the $60 they are going for on Amazon, spend the $32 for the used game, and drink beer and play it for the next few months and enjoy it. But they will, and are going to release it on PC.

Make a petition for BF. I haven't bought one of the new games from them either due to the rampant cheating, lack of innovation, or real gameplay they have had to offer since BF2, its regurgitated vomit for the new price.

If you don't care about it being available, do you care you are being charged new price for a old game? And if you don't care about that, why are you posting in this thread? lack of any good games to play?

It's not an OLD GAME ON PC!!!??? It is a NEW GAME on PC. just because it's already available means NOTHING which is why your whole petition is a fallacy...

I have HUNDREDS of games to play in my Library. Just started the DLC for Watch_Dogs(OH NO! I waited 3 months for that, the sky is falling.....)

Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
See, I was going to leave it at my post but... lets dissect your statement and post of the petition.

We have petitioned for a release we knew was coming, however Rockstar is trying to ride the milk train and squeeze PC gamers for full price, when in fact it is a 17 month old game.

Well it's a 17month old game for those on consoles, who played it with inferior graphics, textures, frame rates and less features than the ones planned for PC release

onsidering GTA4 took 8 months, and the hardware and software between consoles and PC's was significantly different at the time it was acceptable

and it was a direct console port and looked like shit

Considering new generation consoles are PC hardware based, and one even has a developer tool that performs the conversion,

The developer tool would then make it a direct console port, so inferior graphics, frame rate issues, control issues etc etc etc. Do you know ANYTHING about game developing :/

Considering our continued passive acceptance of their treating us, PC gamers as second rate customers will only perpetuate the problems we face.

Boohoo, throw your toys out of the pram, plus the games 18 plus rated game so I don't even think you can play it?

So you like being controlled and shit on. Good job helping the PC gaming community.

*In Robotic Voice* YES... I AM A DRONE OF ROCKSTAR. I DO THERE BIDDING....

Actually no, I feel the game still offers value for money and am happy paying the price they ask, Don't like it, then don't buy it and wait for it to go on sale but this whole boycott thing is idiotic.

Might as well buy a used 360, and used game and spend the $35 more that would cost you right now, and go play, and never come back.

Oh..... I think I did motherf..........

I have it on Xbox 360, I enjoyed it on 360 but I'll also enjoy it on PC with better graphics and settings.

Now just because your rig can barely play it better than a console can, don't whine and stomp your feat to all of us who can tear the crap out of it.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
I have no problem waiting when the final product is consistently better.

Basically what you're demanding Rockstar do is to keep the console versions of the product shelved until the PC version is ready. The only way that is going to happen is if the PC version is rushed (like most other developers) so the game has to be patched a dozen times to be playable. I'd rather have a product that is virtually bug-free on day one but months late than a game that crashes every five minutes and months early.
Steam version of GTA SA will not do 1080, Android/Iphone version will. same for GTA3. Consistently more focused on anything but the PC. Next gen hardware is PC hardware. Consoles support multiple resolutions too.

What I am demanding, it that Rockstar sell it for what it is, almost 2 years old, and used.

It's not an OLD GAME ON PC!!!??? It is a NEW GAME on PC. just because it's already available means NOTHING which is why your whole petition is a fallacy...

I have HUNDREDS of games to play in my Library. Just started the DLC for Watch_Dogs(OH NO! I waited 3 months for that, the sky is falling.....)

It is a old game on PC, they have been developing it along side all the other versions. Unless PC's just became available, and OH MY GOD, PC's ARE ALL NEW, WE HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE THEM EVER BEFORE!!!!!

Please go play one of your hundreds of games, be careful of broken skies in your region. Don't read or do anything other than what you agree with, by all means don't think outside the box.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.

LOL.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
It's about money Steevo. I said long ago on another site when PC gamers were bitching about Rockstar not announcing a PC release and maybe it was possible that they wouldn't was about they were planning to sell their game twice. Some people popped for their console version and I watched as quite a few committed to buying a console just to play the game. The same also want to have a PC version now for the better graphics and mods. Yes, Rockstar management are dirtbags but they will still sell millions of copies and a shitload of DLC too.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Don't read or do anything other than what you agree with, by all means don't think outside the box.

I'm the one who can't think outside the box??? YOU'RE the one who figures that everyone should have already played it and owned it on a console and that paying for and playing on PC is some kinda shaft. No logic at all...

Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Why.... they've not been sitting on it for 17 months not doing anything, it's not like it was finished and not released. they've been working on it for all this time. fixing bugs, fixing problems. adding features etc.

If you really think they've been sitting on it and not released it sooner on purpose... I think you need this.

And as for you lol'ing at my image, I didn't pay a dime to Rockstar for that and yes... I am a sexy animal ;) you're welcome for that.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
It's about money Steevo. I said long ago on another site when PC gamers were bitching about Rockstar not announcing a PC release and maybe it was possible that they wouldn't was about they were planning to sell their game twice. Some people popped for their console version and I watched as quite a few committed to buying a console just to play the game. The same also want to have a PC version now for the better graphics and mods. Yes, Rockstar management are dirtbags but they will still sell millions of copies and a shitload of DLC too.

But only as we let them, which is my whole point.

We as a community are horrible about banding together for what we want, we become combative over stupid issues and allow companies to take advantage of sheeple mentality, anyone posts a idea outside of the hive mind and oh god, watchout, neckbeards of flip you off and post a picture will come out to say mean things to you, and make fun of your rig.

I would find the latter hilarious if it weren't so sad. The former won't get any better until its too late and developers stop making PC games.

I'm the one who can't think outside the box??? YOU'RE the one who figures that everyone should have already played it and owned it on a console and that paying for and playing on PC is some kinda shaft. No logic at all...

Actually, I am getting at, that if we are forced to wait this long for a release we should be charged less, thus saving us money. My kids have a PS2, and they play games on my PC, and they both have a smartphone they play on. The only current console I would consider is the Nintendo for the family games.

I am trying to get people to NOT buy it until the price is in line with what is reasonable.

Why.... they've not been sitting on it for 17 months not doing anything, it's not like it was finished and not released. they've been working on it for all this time. fixing bugs, fixing problems. adding features etc.

If you really think they've been sitting on it and not released it sooner on purpose... I think you need this.

And as for you lol'ing at my image, I didn't pay a dime to Rockstar for that and yes... I am a sexy animal ;) you're welcome for that.

I don't think they have been sitting on it, I think they have made it a lower priority than the console versions, and yes I would take a game with fewer features or the same features the next gen console versions have instead of waiting another 3 months for a video editor, and to try and force gamers to buy a console if they want it now.

Sexy? You aren't my type. Tits aren't big enough and all that.

Last edited:
System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
See, I was going to leave it at my post but... lets dissect your statement and post of the petition.

Well it's a 17month old game for those on consoles, who played it with inferior graphics, textures, frame rates and less features than the ones planned for PC release

and it was a direct console port and looked like shit

The developer tool would then make it a direct console port, so inferior graphics, frame rate issues, control issues etc etc etc. Do you know ANYTHING about game developing :/

Boohoo, throw your toys out of the pram, plus the games 18 plus rated game so I don't even think you can play it?

*In Robotic Voice* YES... I AM A DRONE OF ROCKSTAR. I DO THERE BIDDING....

Actually no, I feel the game still offers value for money and am happy paying the price they ask, Don't like it, then don't buy it and wait for it to go on sale but this whole boycott thing is idiotic.

Oh..... I think I did motherf..........

I have it on Xbox 360, I enjoyed it on 360 but I'll also enjoy it on PC with better graphics and settings.

Now just because your rig can barely play it better than a console can, don't whine and stomp your feat to all of us who can tear the crap out of it.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I am trying to get people to NOT buy it until the price is in line with what is reasonable.

Well if it makes you feel better, I already bought it and it was at 40% off at a 3rd party site. ;) Now I just have to wait for it.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Steam version of GTA SA will not do 1080, Android/Iphone version will. same for GTA3. Consistently more focused on anything but the PC. Next gen hardware is PC hardware. Consoles support multiple resolutions too.
But it WILL do 1920x1200 (4:3 and 8:5 are VESA standards that existed at the time). The 16:9 aspect ratio just started rolling out in TVs in 2005; it wasn't until years later the same panels started to get used in computer monitors that resulted in 16:9 pushing out the VESA standards. You're comparing a 2005 version of the game (which is what is on Steam) to a 2013 re-release of the game. Not exactly a fair comparison.

Consoles only support NTSC (320x240), ATSC (480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p), and PAL which are 4:3 or 16:9. Grand Theft Auto IV supports at least 4:3, 5:4, 8:5, and 16:9. GTA5, on PC, may even support multiple monitors which is completely absent in consoles.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Awwww so if I don't like the price of a new car released for the first time in the UK, but had been in the USA for 2 years before that? then I can demand to pay less?

If no one buys it I guarantee its price will drop, so yes, as a consumer you are in control of what you buy, and how much it costs.

As to your rude attitude, one day you will rudely smart off to someone in real life and get your ass kicked. I hope you learn to be civil before that happens.

But it WILL do 1920x1200 (4:3 and 8:5 are VESA standards that existed at the time). The 16:9 aspect ratio didn't even exist when GTA:SA came out. You're comparing a 2005 version of the game (which is what is on Steam) to a 2013 re-release of the game. Not exactly a fair comparison.

Consoles only support NTSC (320x240), ATSC (480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p), and PAL which are 4:3 or 16:9. Grand Theft Auto IV supports at least 4:3, 5:4, 8:5, and 16:9. GTA5, on PC, may even support multiple monitors which is completely absent in consoles.

Nope, it will support up to 1680X1050 with the steam version, but the full game supported 1080P. If you downgrade the game you can get it back, but with the different binaries you will have issues. I played it for awhile with the mod, but came to a point where leaving the house caused a lockup.

Its simply lazyness by Rockstar, the code is in the new version, but they don't want to, or seem to care enough to enable it, and the fix for now is bugged.

Last edited:
Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Logitech G19s
I don't think they have been sitting on it, I think they have made it a lower priority than the console versions, and yes I would take a game with fewer features or the same features the next gen console versions have instead of waiting another 3 months for a video editor, and to try and force gamers to buy a console if they want it now.

You really don't get it do you.... They haven't just added the video editor etc, the whole thing is worked on, better textures, framefrates, less stutters etc. make it look better.

You're basically saying your happy with PC games being carbon clones of console games and you dare question my legitimacy as a PC gamer with a statement like that.

The whole reason we spend £2000 plus on a rig is so we can have the BEST if it means waiting sure, Otherwise we end up with another watchdogs with everything locked down looking the same as £350 consoles :/

Status
Not open for further replies.