• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

pc questions again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I hope you can get me reach a conclusion because I am really tired of thinking about this on my daily basis, i had posted this before but ive added some more info.

I currently own this setup:

- CPU:Amd phenom II x6 1055t 2.80GHz
- RAM: 8GB 1333MHZ
- HDD is a 128 gb really bad
- Motherboard: asus m4a89gtd
- GPU: ASUS EAH6850 1GB GDDR5 256BIT (SAME AS AMD RADEON HD6850)

I am not 100% happy with it, I am not an expert about PC but I am not a newbie either, but since 1000 brains think better than one alone im posting this here:

My doubts here are that I think that the performance is not being that fantastic, not on the desktop but mainly on Counter Strike - Global Offensive, If i play ESEA for example, or de_mirage, my game seems to start stutering sometimes while I am playing, wich is really anoying, this stutering started when I did bought my BENQ XL2411Z which was something that I really enjoy and I am really happy with, this stutering doesnt happen everytime, yesterday I've played normal matchmaking on de_dust2 and it was fine, it seems that when my fps drop bellow 140, it starts giving me a pain in the ass...I use 144hz wich I think its the problem and thats is what is causing the stutering(I think its the word)/lag low performance...Sometimes I get 220FPS / THEN DROPS TO 140 or less/ THEN 200 AGAIN 220 AGAIN, well its very unstable...its was unstable in the past even when i didnt had this screen but now is anoying me than it used to.

My questions:

- Is my GPU not having suficient power to handle my new screen and should i upgrade it instead of my CPU ?

- Is my CPU a BAD processor for CS:GO ?

-Is my old disk causing me to have lower FPS sometimes? (Even being a old disk I dont think that this causes stutering and lower FPS)

- Should I buy a new CPU + MOTHERBOARD AND DISK (i5 4690K + MSI GAMING 3 Z97 + Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD)?

Wich would be the best option for me and what are your suggestions ?

I've been searching alot arround this question and I really really want to know what to do, I've done some research and this game is related to be a heavy processor game, so the CPU is more important than the GPU, I only play "Counter Strike - Global Offensive" and thats pretty much the game I enjoy playing.

Please help me getting over this im tired of thiking about this :|

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
CSGO is primarily CPU intensive, there are a few graphical settings I disable, even on my setup as they are unnecessary and increase input lag like the triple buffering and copious amount of antialiasing.

I reckon your CPU is fine for CSGO, and perhaps the HDD may be suffering here. Install CrystalDiskInfo and check the smart data. It could be that it has more than 200 reallocated sectors, and CS is having to jump around the HDD a little too much to load textures and what not.

I wouldn't upgrade your GPU if you're a CSGO lover. Spend some money on a motherboard with SATA6Gbps ports and grab yourself a nice SSD and try it out on that. A shiny new Intel CPU might help with minimum FPS though, the 1055T is starting to show its age and the IPC really isn't that great for modern engines.

System Name Xeon build X58 / Main Rig X79
Processor Intel Xeon x5650 @ 4.2Ghz with HT / Xeon E5 1650 v2 @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme socket 1366 / Asus P9X79 Pro socket 2011
Cooling Thermalright Archon +Ty 140mm|Fans : 2 front-1top-1rear-1bottom/ Gelid Phantom Twin Tower
Memory 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingstone Hyper x Quad Channel / 16gb DDR3 1600MHZ Patriot Viper 3
Video Card(s) Sapphire hd 7950 3gb Boost edition dual fan X / ZOTAC 1080 Ti Blower Edition
Storage Kingstone AV400ssd 120gb+Seagate B 2Tb+WD g 1tb+WD g 3tb+WD r 3tb+Seagate B 4tb+Lexar 2Tb NVMe
Display(s) AOC E2460S 24" 1080p 60hz 1ms / LG 32UK550B 32" UHD 4K HDR 10 with Freesync
Case Enermax Phoenix / Fractal Design Arc midi
Audio Device(s) SoundMaxHD+5.1 BHT1100 BLUESKY,Fiio E10 Olympus+SuperluxHD668b+KZ HBB pr2,Superlux E205.
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 650W semi modular / Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular
Mouse Generic Mice / Corsair M90
Keyboard Generic Keyboard / Microsoft WK600
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 /Windows 10 Pro 64
With your motherboard and a good cooler you can try to overclock and see if that make a difference.
If you play only couter strike go well you dont need a much more powerfull card because is not a demanding game like all the game that use source engine , you have to try different refreshrate and see if do the same with 120hz instead of 144hz .
Abouyt a faster hd well this can let you load much faster programs but i dont think that can cause graphic issue .
You wanna upgrade and have the money do it but for me upgrade only for one game is not worth it if you dont try to oc your cpu a little.

With your motherboard and a good cooler you can try to overclock and see if that make a difference.
If you play only couter strike go well you dont need a much more powerfull card because is not a demanding game like all the game that use source engine , you have to try different refreshrate and see if do the same with 120hz instead of 144hz .
Abouyt a faster hd well this can let you load much faster programs but i dont think that can cause graphic issue .
You wanna upgrade and have the money do it but for me upgrade only for one game is not worth it if you dont try to oc your cpu a little.

yes people had told me this, the money isnt the problem the thing is if his is worth it, ill buy the disk today, because its something i need my old one is really getting full.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
yes people had told me this, the money isnt the problem the thing is if his is worth it, ill buy the disk today, because its something i need my old one is really getting full.

Crucial MX100 is just about the best value/performance/storage SSD currently available. I would say a Samsung EVO but they still haven't fixed the firmware that causes slowdown.

CSGO is primarily CPU intensive, there are a few graphical settings I disable, even on my setup as they are unnecessary and increase input lag like the triple buffering and copious amount of antialiasing.

I reckon your CPU is fine for CSGO, and perhaps the HDD may be suffering here. Install CrystalDiskInfo and check the smart data. It could be that it has more than 200 reallocated sectors, and CS is having to jump around the HDD a little too much to load textures and what not.

I wouldn't upgrade your GPU if you're a CSGO lover. Spend some money on a motherboard with SATA6Gbps ports and grab yourself a nice SSD and try it out on that. A shiny new Intel CPU might help with minimum FPS though, the 1055T is starting to show its age and the IPC really isn't that great for modern engines.

i will buy the new ssd today, my motherboard is pretty ok i think it has nice features and its overclockable with ease, it as also sata III and 6gb/s :) i need a cooler, buti first need to know many people suggestions and what they think about it.

im going to buy this disk: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD

it's a good disk ?

specs:

Budget-minded gamers and enthusiasts will benefit from the lower price of Kingston’s new HyperX® 3K SSD. This solid-state drive combines premium 3000 program-erase cycle NAND with the second-generation SandForce® controller. Its lower price means more users can experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. 3K loads games and applications faster, increases frames per second (FPS) for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. HyperX 3K provides high-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance and blazing fast random and sequential read/write speeds. SandForce DuraClass™ technology provides the latest data integrity protection for ultimate endurance over the entire life of the drive. The new USB 3.0 external enclosure offers transfer speeds of up to 10 times faster when upgrading to an SSD. HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek, black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user’s system. For added peace of mind, HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and legendary Kingston® reliability.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
i will buy the new ssd today, my motherboard is pretty ok i think it has nice features and its overclockable with ease, it as also sata III and 6gb/s :) i need a cooler, buti first need to know many people suggestions and what they think about it.

im going to buy this disk: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD

it's a good disk ?

specs:

Budget-minded gamers and enthusiasts will benefit from the lower price of Kingston’s new HyperX® 3K SSD. This solid-state drive combines premium 3000 program-erase cycle NAND with the second-generation SandForce® controller. Its lower price means more users can experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. 3K loads games and applications faster, increases frames per second (FPS) for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. HyperX 3K provides high-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance and blazing fast random and sequential read/write speeds. SandForce DuraClass™ technology provides the latest data integrity protection for ultimate endurance over the entire life of the drive. The new USB 3.0 external enclosure offers transfer speeds of up to 10 times faster when upgrading to an SSD. HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek, black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user’s system. For added peace of mind, HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and legendary Kingston® reliability.

W1zzard liked it :)
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Kingston/HyperX_3K_240_GB/13.html

MX100 got a higher score though ;)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
score in therms of :) ?

Everything, general performance in windows and games and speeds, total cost per GB of storage, and in features. An overall score of 9.8 for an SSD that is half the price of all the rest is general a sign from high above saying it's a damn good deal.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
please use one thread since you are asking the same thing.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I have closed this thread, it's not a competition for "start a thread a day" :) especially on the same subject, if you have a slight update then amend your origional post in the origional thread, starting new threads on the same subject just causes confusion and can upset some who have tried to help in the old thread, only to find you start up the same again.

Old thread can be found here......

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/pc-questions.206089/

Status
Not open for further replies.