• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I Seriously Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name KILLER
Processor Intel Core i7 4790K
Motherboard MSI Z87 G45 Gaming
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x8GB Gskill 2400mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980
Storage SSD Samsung 500GB
Display(s) 24" Asus 144hz
Case Cooler Master HAF
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Antec 1200 Watt Modular
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage 51342
Yes, that driver is for windows 8 64 bit also.

Yes, that driver is for windows 8 64 bit also.
Okay cool, I'll give that a try once I finish re-building my system. Thanks for the suggestion

Page File: 2382MB used, 30242MB available

From the DXDIAG report you provided. It looks like you are using a WD Blue HDD? That product came up for the drive name I found. But I couldn't find the exact model of drive.
The person in the video I believe has 32GB of ram running at 2400mhz and he is using a corsair SSD.
If you are using your page file a lot, this would cause performance issues.

Also in that video he is doing the benchmark "before" the ultra pack came out. If you are benchmarking at ultra settings then you would probably have lower results.

Post system specs please so we can see what you have.
Try dropping to high settings and see if your scores get closer.
Find out why you are using so much of the page file? I have 16gb of Ram with page file turned on and I am using 0%.
You said you reinstalled windows 8 64bit. from windows 7. Was it a clean install? did you download ALL drivers?
You said the RAM and HDD are "stock" What PC did you buy originally for them to be stock.?

I have night shift in a bit and won't be on till tomorrow. But I will come back and help then.

Also take a look at this thread.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...h-performance-and-gameplay-discussion.205962/

Also if you don't mind, can you show me how to lower my Page File thing?

Page File: 2382MB used, 30242MB available

From the DXDIAG report you provided. It looks like you are using a WD Blue HDD? That product came up for the drive name I found. But I couldn't find the exact model of drive.
The person in the video I believe has 32GB of ram running at 2400mhz and he is using a corsair SSD.
If you are using your page file a lot, this would cause performance issues.

Also in that video he is doing the benchmark "before" the ultra pack came out. If you are benchmarking at ultra settings then you would probably have lower results.

Post system specs please so we can see what you have.
Try dropping to high settings and see if your scores get closer.
Find out why you are using so much of the page file? I have 16gb of Ram with page file turned on and I am using 0%.
You said you reinstalled windows 8 64bit. from windows 7. Was it a clean install? did you download ALL drivers?
You said the RAM and HDD are "stock" What PC did you buy originally for them to be stock.?

I have night shift in a bit and won't be on till tomorrow. But I will come back and help then.

Also take a look at this thread.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...h-performance-and-gameplay-discussion.205962/

Btw, please see attached and let me know if these settings are good. This is what I had before. I didnt change anything..

DXDIAG while running nba 2k15... look at the page file now.. wtf?

Have you tried using an older driver like this one?
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2325/nvidia-forceware-332-21-vista-w7-64-bit/
Make sure when you install it click custom install and check the clean install button.
Tried this method, and nothing btw.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 392
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 408
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    691.7 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by a moderator:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
So you said you were not going to multipost any more and there is a quadruple post above? This will be the last I merge, thereafter the thread will be closed if you continue..... thank you.

So you said you were not going to multipost any more and there is a quadruple post above? This will be the last I merge, thereafter the thread will be closed if you continue..... thank you.
I'll try again to do what you say but like I noted before, I am having difficulty merging and multi-quoting.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I'll try again to do what you say but like I noted before, I am having difficulty merging and multi-quoting.

Check your Inbox Marveless. I will help you figure it out there.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
OK, I know that 64K has kindly offered to help but on the point of "multiquotes" it really is very easy..... if you want to respond to 3 posts, simply click the multiquote button on each of the 3 posts then when you go to the reply box at the bottom of the page you will now see a tab that says "insert quotes" click on that and the 3 posts will appear in the reply box, you can then go in and answer each one, when finished click on the "post reply" tab and it's all done :)

Check your Inbox Marveless. I will help you figure it out there.

OK, I know that 64K has kindly offered to help but on the point of "multiquotes" it really is very easy..... if you want to respond to 3 posts, simply click the multiquote button on each of the 3 posts then when you go to the reply box at the bottom of the page you will now see a tab that says "insert quotes" click on that and the 3 posts will appear in the reply box, you can then go in and answer each one, when finished click on the "post reply" tab and it's all done :)

Thanks for the help guys. I'll make sure to get it down pack

Hey guys, great news. I got the problem fixed. When I benchmarked shadow of mordor with vsync I was getting scores like min 17fps, avg 40fps, max 110 fps. Yesterday, I was getting insane scores like min 45fps, avg 70fps, and max 230fps without vsync. Today, I am buying a 144Hz Asus monitor because I like to have vsync on.

Here is what I did yesterday to fix this issue:
I installed a new mobo I purchased from new egg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=asus_motherboard-_-13-132-125-_-Product

Prior to all of this, I ran avg, security essentials and norton and computer came back with no viruses. At work yesterday, I read a post about these malwares that can slow down FPS. I downloaded the recommended software "Malwarebyte" and found the same malware the OP was talking about on that site. Once I removed them and restarted my computer, my FPS was back to normal which it should be since the card I have is relatively good. I hope those helps anyone that has this issue. Happy gaming you all and thanks for everything!

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
^^ You did it again! Great that the issue is resolved as I can now close the thread anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.