• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Galaxy Intros Single-slot GeForce GTX 750 Ti Razor Graphics Card

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
We have a lot of VGA monitors at my workplace, but all the PCs have dual DisplayPort outputs, so we just buy a lot of DP-to-VGA converters. Not cheap, but cheaper than replacing perfectly serviceable monitors.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Doesn't work with converter cables. In the event somebody wants to run a VGA>DVI converter with this card, they can't because it's missing the 4 pin holes.

When was the last time you used a VGA cable on a DVI port when you had a real VGA port next to it? Are you really complaining about there not being enough VGA connectivity? When is this, the late 80s? I stopped using VGA all together almost 7-8 years ago.

I would make the argument that there aren't 3 digital outputs instead. Screw VGA. I think I would rather make the argument that there are only 2 digital displays outputs where I would prefer 3xDP or mDP or at least 1DP and two DVI or two DP and 1 DVI, but either way DVI-D is fine considering VGA is very old and is going the way of the dinosaur and how there is one already on the card.

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I would make the argument that there aren't 3 digital outputs instead. Screw VGA. I think I would rather make the argument that there are only 2 digital displays outputs where I would prefer 3xDP or mDP or at least 1DP and two DVI or two DP and 1 DVI, but either way DVI-D is fine considering VGA is very old and is going the way of the dinosaur and how there is one already on the card.

I kind of agree, and disagree. IMO, this single slot card really only belongs in a SFF HTPC. So I see where Galaxy was coming from with the outputs they chose. They picked the most common outputs you find on HDTVs.

Though, I would have preferred HDMI, DVI-I and DP. So you get all the digtial outputs possible, and you can use a basically free adapter if you need VGA and an inxepensive DP->VGA adapter if you need two VGA ports for some reason.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I kind of agree, and disagree. IMO, this single slot card really only belongs in a SFF HTPC. So I see where Galaxy was coming from with the outputs they chose. They picked the most common outputs you find on HDTVs.

The way I see they and others are comming, it ain't cool. AMD started dropping VGA in 2013, I am not sure, but there was an article saying that official VESA association recommendation is to drop the standard by 2015. Let's say I am terribly wrong about that article, Intel (and many others) announced they will drop it by 2015. With being October now and only a few months before 2015 I don't really like to buy new stuff with almost extinct features.

What's a bit annoying is that the standard has been on for so long (1987), that virtually every university/bank, etc has at least a few things running it (to say the least). Dropping the whole thing in favour of something new is painfull, literally. And when I see new graphics cards with VGA, I just....don't think is right at this point of the product cycles, because it's encouraging even slower adoption. I don't want to be too harsh though, since I've got VGA on my laptop and can't imagine what would be in some of the places I had to make presentations and they only have VGA connection to the projector.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Software MacOS 12.1

Though, I would have preferred HDMI, DVI-I and DP. So you get all the digtial outputs possible, and you can use a basically free adapter if you need VGA and an inxepensive DP->VGA adapter if you need two VGA ports for some reason.
True but I would make the argument that DP/mDP can convert to any signal regardless. I would prefer to see HDMI + two DP or mDP to be completely honest as the two DP/mDP can use VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapters. I can see an argument for dual-link DVI as a little extra has to be done to convert to that. So personally I think HDMI + DVI-D + DP would be a realistic lineup that I could be happy with on a single-slot card.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
True but I would make the argument that DP/mDP can convert to any signal regardless. I would prefer to see HDMI + two DP or mDP to be completely honest as the two DP/mDP can use VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapters. I can see an argument for dual-link DVI as a little extra has to be done to convert to that. So personally I think HDMI + DVI-D + DP would be a realistic lineup that I could be happy with on a single-slot card.

So, basically what I said, except I said DVI-I instead of DVI-D so that you can use a super cheap VGA adapter if you wanted to...;)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
So, basically what I said, except I said DVI-I instead of DVI-D so that you can use a super cheap VGA adapter if you wanted to...;)
I consider a 15 USD mDP->VGA adapter to be cheap. Also considering it's a dying standard, I don't condone making it the cheap solution. :p