• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

solar roadways

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
you missed the point dude.

i can see that...

we still do not know what the long term effects from the fall out from chernoble are. people do not like to talk about it as most people living across europe are the test study and only in time will the truth of it be known.

anyway. crazy shit like these need backing, the tech will get better in time and make even more viable. if we as a species do not stop using things which we know cause long term damage to the planet on the whole we are so fucked it aint funny. we know that paving over the earth with concrete and mac adam only cause more issues and if we had another way to do it which has benefits, how is that bad?

we need to learn how to adapt going forward and stop relying on the old ways. if we do not learn to float and flow like water we will get washed away.

for a long time thom midgley was seen as a genius as his anti knock fuel and new gases for fridges where ground breaking. shame we did not know then that they were also changing the climate and effecting part of the atmosphere we did not then know about...

the only reason we are still here is that we can adapt quickly, use things around us to adapt.

you missed the point dude.

i can see that...

we still do not know what the long term effects from the fall out from chernoble are. people do not like to talk about it as most people living across europe are the test study and only in time will the truth of it be known.

anyway. crazy shit like these need backing, the tech will get better in time and make even more viable. if we as a species do not stop using things which we know cause long term damage to the planet on the whole we are so fucked it aint funny. we know that paving over the earth with concrete and mac adam only cause more issues and if we had another way to do it which has benefits, how is that bad?

we need to learn how to adapt going forward and stop relying on the old ways. if we do not learn to float and flow like water we will get washed away.

for a long time thom midgley was seen as a genius as his anti knock fuel and new gases for fridges where ground breaking. shame we did not know then that they were also changing the climate and effecting part of the atmosphere we did not then know about...

the only reason we are still here is that we can adapt quickly, use things around us to adapt.

I cannot imagine a more inept way to make your point. You've managed to wave your hands, and state that because there was an accident we should never ever do that again. On top of that, you've managed to relegate decades of progress to "the old ways are bad." I'm not sure if there's an adequate response that isn't a direct insult here, but I'll try.

"Nobody knows what the impact of Chernobyl is," is a facile argument. I know that people die regularly in car accidents, planes have a track record of killing people, and the bathroom is the most dangerous room in your house. Despite these "revelations," I still utilize all of these things. If a better quality of life isn't worth reasonable risk, kill yourself now; that is the only way that you are no longer at risk for dying.

Your point about cooling gasses causing ozone depletion (I'm assuming that is what you are striving for here) has merit. Like DDT before it, these chemicals had a profound and immediately positive influence on the life of regular people. As such, they were adopted readily. The desire to prove out these substances, prior to adoption, was not present because people didn't know that they were doing damage. As they discovered that damage was being done, they were phased out. We changed our habits, in response to new studies citing the damage our habits had.

You can make the point that humans should do that with solar, hydro-electric, geothermal, wind, and oceanic current power today. The problem with that idea is that it is blatantly ignorant of the reality. Solar works for, at best, half the day. Wind and oceanic current power require very specific conditions, that aren't met on most of the planet. All the other cited forms of power generation share in a limited area in which they are available. This solution would be like going from a fossil fuel powered world into a helium 3 powered world. It's more environmentally friendly in the very short run, but between limited supplies and increasing demands it isn't a solution.

Humans do not adapt to their environment, as a rule. There are exceptions, but we destroy that which stands in our way and reshape our environs to match what we find as comfortable. Even our "least damaging" power sources kill other animals. Birds are slaughtered by the solar reflecting mirrors. Wind mills kill birds flying by. Geothermal heating has been linked (though not completely conclusively) to earthquakes. Fossil fuels belch out CO2 and the like. Nuclear power requires a large amount of material to be processed for the fuel rods. The only reason nuclear is significantly better than any other option is that it doesn't kill anything while running. Fish are segregated from the cold water intake, steam doesn't kills birds, and the waste material (in newer reactors) can be fed back into the system until it decays into useful heavy metals. Ironically, you're arguing for being environmentally plastic, while advocating some of the most environmentally costly power sources.

Finally, excellently played green rhetoric. Nobody argues that paving over the earth is a logical solution. At the same time, you don't really want everyone within a company to live together on the premises, do you? The idea of a company town is rather less glorified where I am, because mobility allows people opportunity. I don't want a forest paved, but I like driving along the pavement in our national parks. I enjoy sitting down at a manicured park, so I can have a picnic lunch. I enjoy eating apples year round, despite the fact that they aren't in season in the hemisphere where I live. The only reasonable step forward is towards nuclear, with a lesser focus on other sources in the near future. I fully wish for a reasonable solar energy source, but solar roads isn't it. Whenever they manage to produce a solar panel with greater than 30% efficiency, for less that $0.25 a square foot (or about 1 meter^2 for $2.70), it'll be an option. The topic of this thread, solar road ways, is a concept that will never provide real power. We should not be wasting time with it, when there are other viable options out there to release us from fossil fuel dependence.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
As pointed out previously, the sun only gives us a finite amount of energy per meter squared and all of that is depriving potential life of its energy and habitat. To be economical and green, we need to beat the sun producing far more energy from a smaller footprint than the sun gives us. Think of it this way: if you took all of the solar panels on the planet and put them in the middle of a jungle then you put a nuclear reactor next to it that has the same kWh annual output as all of those plants, which would destroy more of the jungle? Now, using Lockheed Martin's figure for fusion which puts fusion at four times more efficient than nuclear, compare the amount of jungle cleared for that fusion power plant. Suddenly, solar looks VERY destructive.

The numbers say it all. In order to power the whole world right now (198,721,800,000 MWh)...
Wind: 1,543,984 square miles (about half the size of Australia)
Solar: 191,856 square miles. (about the same size of Spain)
Nuclear Fission: 13,700 square miles (about the size of the Netherlands)
Nuclear Fusion: 3425 square miles (about the size of Puerto Rico)

Land is the most valuable resource on Earth.

we need to learn how to adapt going forward and stop relying on the old ways.
What do you think solar and wind are? :rolleyes: Fission is cutting edge (60 year old technology); fusion is bleeding edge. Wind (propelling ships) and solar (getting salt from salt water) were first used by man many thousands of years ago.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
As pointed out previously, the sun only gives us a finite amount of energy per meter squared and all of that is depriving potential life of its energy and habitat. To be economical and green, we need to beat the sun producing far more energy from a smaller footprint than the sun gives us. Think of it this way: if you took all of the solar panels on the planet and put them in the middle of a jungle then you put a nuclear reactor next to it that has the same kWh annual output as all of those plants, which would destroy more of the jungle? Now, using Lockheed Martin's figure for fusion which puts fusion at four times more efficient than nuclear, compare the amount of jungle cleared for that fusion power plant. Suddenly, solar looks VERY destructive.

The numbers say it all. In order to power the whole world right now (198,721,800,000 MWh)...
Wind: 1,543,984 square miles (about half the size of Australia)
Solar: 191,856 square miles. (about the same size of Spain)
Nuclear Fission: 13,700 square miles (about the size of the Netherlands)
Nuclear Fusion: 3425 square miles (about the size of Puerto Rico)

Land is the most valuable resource on Earth.

What do you think solar and wind are? :rolleyes: Fission is cutting edge (60 year old technology); fusion is bleeding edge. Wind (propelling ships) and solar (getting salt from salt water) were first used by man many thousands of years ago.

Solar and wind would be much larger, considering the highest efficiency AC converters do have a 95-96% rating, but fail to account for future losses as they do not provide pure sine wave, so there is a loss of useable current and damage to electronics in the form of shortened motor, brush, and capacitor life. Most inverters will die before the solar panels themselves.

Add in the battery banks needed to store power during the night, assuming that transmission from Arizona to Washington state were feasable, you would need batteries there as well, and so we take DC in, convert it to AC and lose 20% with line loss, inverter loss and useable current loss, send it much longer distances http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2010/ph240/harting1/ lose more power 5+%, convert it from AC to DC and lose another 20-30%, store it and lose a further 25% http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/battery-charging-and-discharging-losses before we get to convert it back to AC and finally put it to use.

So in all, we would need at least 50% more solar capacity to meet the base demands, and hope it isn't cloudy for more than a day.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
I've always seen solar as a supplementary form of accruing power. It's too unreliable and inefficient to be a serious consideration. The Stigma nuclear has is going to go away eventually.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Pardon me for being of simple mind, but why in the hell wouldn't they start with private businesses and residences... Move on to perhaps something a bit larger than that, THEN go for the payday large government project?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Solar and wind would be much larger, considering the highest efficiency AC converters do have a 95-96% rating, but fail to account for future losses as they do not provide pure sine wave, so there is a loss of useable current and damage to electronics in the form of shortened motor, brush, and capacitor life. Most inverters will die before the solar panels themselves.

Add in the battery banks needed to store power during the night, assuming that transmission from Arizona to Washington state were feasable, you would need batteries there as well, and so we take DC in, convert it to AC and lose 20% with line loss, inverter loss and useable current loss, send it much longer distances http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2010/ph240/harting1/ lose more power 5+%, convert it from AC to DC and lose another 20-30%, store it and lose a further 25% http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/battery-charging-and-discharging-losses before we get to convert it back to AC and finally put it to use.

So in all, we would need at least 50% more solar capacity to meet the base demands, and hope it isn't cloudy for more than a day.
I used MWh for a reason which is total power consumed within a year. You are absolutely correct that wind and solar would not be stable nor constant electricity where both nuclear options would. Customers wouldn't appreciate it but in terms of total output, they would be equal.

Pardon me for being of simple mind, but why in the hell wouldn't they start with private businesses and residences... Move on to perhaps something a bit larger than that, THEN go for the payday large government project?
They need more money because their government grants ran out.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.

Because people who are willing to do it want to see actual payback, and will be around in 4 years when shit goes wrong and they call them up and start to sue them. Government contracts are like tampons, they become a bloody mess and no one really wants to deal with them after.

This should raise the issue of government accountability if they get a red cent, when it breaks the government needs to go after them for everything they have, and then throw the lot in prison for being thieves.

Edit

I love their new "tractor" demo. Such a large piece of equipment, and how they raise the front tires off the "road" with the distributed area of the loader bucket before turning is very convincing.

That isn't a tractor, its a fucking play toy for assholes.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Where is this demo?

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Where is this demo?
http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

Scroll down.

This country is going down the crapper with all the BS we allow the government to finance, idiots with no education on a subject and unwilling to learn going with whatever they get told is best by other idiots that have degrees in things like fine art, modern feminazism, drama, liberal arts, and how to be a pretentious salad tosser.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

Scroll down.

This country is going down the crapper with all the BS we allow the government to finance, idiots with no education on a subject and unwilling to learn going with whatever they get told is best by other idiots that have degrees in things like fine art, modern feminazism, drama, liberal arts, and how to be a pretentious salad tosser.

yep, it aint the closed minded society with all the power that is to blame at all. not the big corps with all the politicians in their pockets who are dumbing down your people, feeding them crap foods which make them fat. selling them poor educations which do not teach them to think, only to pass exams....

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/worlds-first-solar-cycle-path-installed-amsterdam

solar cycle paths installed in a forward thinking country.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Last edited:
System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux
yep, it aint the closed minded society with all the power that is to blame at all. not the big corps with all the politicians in their pockets who are dumbing down your people, feeding them crap foods which make them fat. selling them poor educations which do not teach them to think, only to pass exams....

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/worlds-first-solar-cycle-path-installed-amsterdam
Biking paths are a different matter than roads for cars. And I do not live in a forward thinking country at all. All the new coal plants make a solar array like this meaningless. Borselle II (planned NPP) is long overdue since Borselle I is getting old and the fossil plants should be a thing of the past.

Mind you, I still like "solar" energy of both kinds (PV and thermal) but not as a main power source.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Makes more sense to have a solar power plant and normal roads then it does to make "solar roads". There would be significant expense to retrofit an already working asphalt road.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
Again, solar is backwards thinking, not forward. Fusion and anti-matter are forward thinking.

meanwhile back on planet real world, we should be looking toward tech that works and not sci fi that might, someday.

not saying i disagree, fusion is the future. we just are not ready to use it yet as our tech is not there.

we can already turn sunlight into usable power...

vario, you say that like tarmac roads do not ever need to be resurfaced.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
The sun itself is powered by fusion and hydrogen bombs (Tsar Bomba was the largest man-made explosion ever) also demonstrate the power of fusion. "Antimatter is real stuff."

We can already turn fission into usable power at much higher efficiencies (50~80%) than solar and regardless of weather/time of day.

Resurfacing is much cheaper than replacing. Even replacing, concrete is much cheaper per cubic yard than solar panels.

Last edited:
System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
vario, you say that like tarmac roads do not ever need to be resurfaced.
However, tarmac roads don't need the extra infrastructure associated with moving the collected electricity from solar panels to the grid.

Also resurfacing tarmac roads where I live is generally where some council worker will tear up a few millimeters of tarmac from the surface and then apply some new stuff. This often results in a really crappy uneven road surface in a year or two's time because it is done so poorly. If the same effort is done with solar panels, sh*t's going to hit the fan.

It will also no doubt cost tax payers more money which would no doubt be hated throughout.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Not to mention photovoltaic is direct current. How does one turn off the solar roadway in the event of an emergency (e.g. fuel truck explosion blew through the top of the panel exposing the electrical components to the elements)? How many emergency workers would get electrical injuries because of the roads?

And yes, to be connected to the grid there needs to be DC->AC converters and those grids are privately owned, not public. How would taxpayers benefit from the electricity when it is useless without being supplemented by the private power plants that generate power 24/7? In other words, this solar power would effectively be a gift to the power companies and they hold all the cards so...yeah, I don't see how taxpayers can benefit at all. Largest. Subsidy. Ever.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
and yet it changes nothing.

you want to talk about subsidy after the american banking system tried to bankrupt the west, really!?!

is it not better that tax money gets spent on this rather than more bombs, or remote control planes to bomb more people without recourse?

hhmmmm, then talk about fission like is great...yep, you're the smart one...

http://www.citylab.com/commute/2014...-worlds-first-solar-powered-bike-lane/382480/

3 houses, 3 bloody houses for that amount of money. Listen the yields from solar path and roadways is garbage in relation to returns for the initial costs. You also have to use some of that energy to power the LEDs they talk about. With current yields buildings would have to be supplemented with other sources from the grid, they have to be supplemented anyway as i will talk about. You cannot angle solar panels on the ground so miss a ton of the already low efficiency only about 30% max of the regular efficiency. At the moment the required materials to survive DAILY road use, not just one tractor but daily traffic, would be ridiculous in cost and production. The panels have to survive, pressure, weather, be scratch proof, movement, have to last a long time without replacement, be cheap to make! There isn't the infrastructure in the roads for maintenance access, nor is there viable mass production and installation. There isn't a good enough power backup system in place for electricity, there would need to be massive research into some form of battery you could store extra power into and use when the yields are low eg night time or bad weather ect.

IMO they are better spending on installing solar panels to roofs and researching into the efficiency and production means. At least with roofs, you don't have to worry about materials as much; they are easier to install, replace and maintain with a higher efficiency.

Eventually we will be able to use solar to make hydrogen from water but until then i think we need some Fusion. There's other ways of producing hydrogen fuel from water, some are more promising than others. The problems with Hydrogen at the moment is most of it right now comes from fossil fuels because its cheaper, you require electricity to split it, its not an abundant natural source by that i mean hydrogen atoms are abundant but it has to be split. At the moment its a bit of a ways off like Fusion. I even read that the existing systems could be used for transporting hydrogen fuel, if it was in a gas or liquid state.

Fission is crap, but Fusion i believe is a ton better in every respect. Well unless Martin Lockheed have a prototype soon its a bit of a ways off being commercially viable.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
you want to talk about subsidy after the american banking system tried to bankrupt the west, really!?!
They paid all of the TARP money back, with $46.3 billion in interest.

is it not better that tax money gets spent on this rather than more bombs, or remote control planes to bomb more people without recourse?
No, because we already know it solves nothing unless you live in a desert (and even then, enjoy your coal and natural gas at night). The money is better spent on the Department of Energy improving technologies (like nuclear by way of EBR-I and EBR-II) and making known technologies (like fusion and anti-matter) economically viable.

Last edited:
System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
yea, in 1 country while the rest of the world the banks didn't pay back squat....

you really do think dark matter energy sources are the future...tell me again how much anti matter we have been able to produce.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
and yet it changes nothing.

hhmmmm, then talk about fission like is great...yep, you're the smart one...
Just gonna chime in here and say the company that builds some of the best bombs and remote control planes just confimed this.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesco...nuclear-fusion-reactor-in-three-years-really/

Jus sayin'

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Rather long, but you'll probably get the idea...

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
http://www.citylab.com/commute/2014...-worlds-first-solar-powered-bike-lane/382480/

So they put this solar bike path right next to trees? That's nice the shade will be refreshing for cyclists. Shaded solar panels.....oops.

i am sure those trees to the north will be a massive problem....

mail man that is great news, not really news that it is coming "soon" but that they do more than just make new ways to kill people.

that guy is my new hero.

it will be guys like him who sets this all off not the corps who will still want all the monies for doing nothing.