• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G 1050 W

Thermaltake delves even deeper into the digital PSU era with the fresh DPS G lineup. Today, we will test the flagship of the series, which not only features software monitoring and 1050 W of power, but also comes with a fully modular cabling design and a unique look.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
$209.99, that's just too much to spend on a Channel Well unit.

Most Corsair PSUs are made by CWT and have crazy high sales on all regions. CWT is a very good OEM.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism (BOX-cooler)
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair Desktop RAM Vengeance LPX 3200MHz Red
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 3060Ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 510 1TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Case Thermaltake Versa C21 RGB
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Software Windows10 64bit
I was checking the reviews of the 2 CWT's platforms, the Tt DPS G 1050 and Corsair HXi 1000.
Why do you think the Tt managed to deliver full power at 50°C, instead of the Corsair's 46°C ? :confused:
Who is the factor that determines how high the PSU's operating temperature will be? The number of caps maybe? Also, is this a factor for better longevity? :confused:
If Tt could manage to deliver better regulation at smaller rails, and had better hold up time, i think we could be talking about a really great PSU, but with the current numbers, i think crmaris was correct to give it 8.8

Looking forward for the reviews of the lower wattage Tt DPS G PSUs ! :)

Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Corsair Hydro H150i Pro
Memory 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000 Mhz
Video Card(s) Inno3D iChill GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) Asus RoG PG279Q Swift
Case Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II (Sennheiser HD 650)
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Corsair K70 (Black)
Software W10 x64
Most Corsair PSUs are made by CWT and have crazy high sales on all regions. CWT is a very good OEM.
Can be*
Definitely not all CWT psu's are great.

8.8 is too high for this unit. Its performance was below par on almost every test, and it's priced extremely high, yet you give it close to a 9/10??

Give me a break.

if you don't agree with my rating score then stick only to the facts and the raw data I provide. My relative performance score shows exactly this PSU's performance against all the rest and mostly based on this I give my ratings (including of course other factors like build quality, noise output etc.)

Why do you think the Tt managed to deliver full power at 50°C, instead of the Corsair's 46°C ?
Who is the factor that determines how high the PSU's operating temperature will be? The number of caps maybe? Also, is this a factor for better longevity? :confused:

Actually didn't push the Corsair up to 50C. Usually I stay close to 45C but in this case I wanted to check the fan profile/speed at really high operating temps.
There are many factors that determine the PSU's operating temps limit, like the tolerance of SBR and fets, its heatsinks, the cooling fan and of course the quality of the caps it uses. The more tolerance to heat some components have (e.g. caps) the longer they live in a PSU in general, especially if this has to work at tough conditions.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
8.8 is too high for this unit. Its performance was below par on almost every test, and it's priced extremely high, yet you give it close to a 9/10??

Give me a break.

If you read the review of Rosewill Capstone 1000watt, you will see that it has very similar performance to Tt DPS G 1050, and was also ranked with 8,8.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Rosewill/CAPSTONE-1000-M/5.html
(*Even the Corsair RM 1000, that performed far worse than Tt's was given 8,7 !
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/RM1000/9.html
so you can understand that crmaris is somewhat reluctant to give <8 scores !, that's what i think at least).;)
If you compare articles, you can conclude how the reviewer (*crmaris in our case) is thinking and ranking products, and this is more important than a single score to a single product.
Personally, what i care about, is to see the reviewer to be objective, meaning that in every PSU with similar performance to give similar score, and crmaris does that.
Now, if you were reading lot of reviews here, you would understand that 8,8 is actually a low score for the standards crmaris scores at his reviews, as he gives above 9,0 for most of the really good PSUs. ;)

Last edited:
I guess they're graded on a curve then. If 8.8 is low compared to how he usually rates then it makes sense. Although I wish I could score sub-par in most of my tests in school and still walk away with an 88% grade.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
I guess they're graded on a curve then. If 8.8 is low compared to how he usually rates then it makes sense. Although I wish I could score sub-par in most of my tests in school and still walk away with an 88% grade.

Exactly my point when i say about the value of comparing! If you were graded with 88% in your school tests, but all the other students were graded with >90%, then no matter how high your score might seem, you would still be the last in your class!! It's all relative, that's what i want to point out! ;)