• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Anyone else having the problem where my first card in my system, will be used to 90% for 10 mins then after that it goes down to 50% and causes FPS drop to the point where the game becomes unplayable. BF4 to be exact. No other games does this.
Not a bottleneck because Metero LL and 2033 both use my 2 GTX 560Ti's and my CPU. GPU usage 90%+ on both and CUP 80%. BF$ is the only game where this happens. I am running Windows 8.1.
Both cards hit 71 degrees in Metro which is below their max, and then fan ramps up fine. I want to play BF4 more but I can't because of the poor performance, its the only game I have that does it. No other game will. Even on lowest settings BF4 deos this.

PC Specs:

AMD FX 6100 OC to 4.2Ghz
8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM
2x GTX 560Ti 1GB
120GB SSD
1TB HDD
Corsair TX750 Watt PSU
Zalman CNPS5X CPU cooler

System Name 7754LIF3
Processor C2Q QX9770 @ 4Ghz 1,37v
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X48
Cooling NZXT Kraken X60 + Fusion Block
Memory 4 x 4Gb DDR3 GSkill @ 1688Mhz
Video Card(s) Quad-SLI GTX590 Zotac HyperSLI v1.0 W7 & Different SLI W8.1
Storage 4 X 1TB WD Black Raid0
Display(s) 3 x SyncMaster 203B 20" Nvidia Surround 4200X1050@60hz
Case MIH CASE
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX X-Fi
Power Supply EnerMax MaxRevo 1500W
Software Windows 7 / 8.1 Up1. x64
344.75 confirmed working for me with 2x670 on a non-sli board. Thanks.

Hi, new drivers 344.75 WHQL works well with DifferentSLI 1.1, greetings!

what are your system specs more specifically? 700 series titans and a 470 series card dev's do not match. your mobo does not support sli but DifferentSLIauto might work on it with the 3 titans do you have 2 cpu's installed?
Yep I have two 2690 V2 official instaled ...
It is not aHW problem, cause its worck on win 7

I have reflash all titan with same bios .

I m sure its a system problem, but witch ?..

Godzurus

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I downloaded this program for my sli graphics, but I can not make it work.
I do all the steps but the install.cmd tells me ". Please extract everything from the package Including the contents of the tools folder" in red letters, and can not do.
Please can you help me? Thank you. and greetings.:respect:

Edit: i have 1 gtx 970 gaming G1 and 1 gtx 780ti...

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I downloaded this program for my sli graphics, but I can not make it work.
I do all the steps but the install.cmd tells me ". Please extract everything from the package Including the contents of the tools folder" in red letters, and can not do.

what os and version of differentsliauto are you using? manually look up your dev# for the 970 and compare to the first 3 letters of the 780.

DEV_1008 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti"

RTSketch

I managed to get sli to activate but then when I ran 3d mark it crashed the PC. I'm on a non-sli motherboard :( Anyone else had this problem?

Just bought my second 560 ti but didn't realise motherboard wasn't compatible, and I can't find any new motherboards that are sli compatible and are also compatible with my processor.

RTSketch

YES! It was the power supply. Upgraded to a 750w - no problems.

Here's my before and after. Almost double fps on every count. :rockout:

My details for anyone trying to google:

2 x NVIDIA GTX 560 ti sli
G7 780w Power extreme power supply
MSI B75A - G41 Motherboard
Intel core i5-3470 Processor

Fantastic program.
Cheers!

:toast:

YES! It was the power supply. Upgraded to a 750w - no problems.

Here's my before and after. Almost double fps on every count. :rockout:

My details for anyone trying to google:

2 x NVIDIA GTX 560 ti sli
G7 780w Power extreme power supply
MSI B75A - G41 Motherboard
Intel core i5-3470 Processor

Fantastic program.
Cheers!

:toast:
7855 on 2 560's, nice! i'm running 2 560's on an AMD chipset and you def got me beat. iv'e been a huge fan of AMD cpu's for years, there cheap on price and you can beat the hell out of them. with the lack of L3 cache in the new chips i'm thinking on my next build with ddr4 i'm goin intel :) under $600 though anything more is just insane.

RTSketch

7855 on 2 560's, nice! i'm running 2 560's on an AMD chipset and you def got me beat. iv'e been a huge fan of AMD cpu's for years, there cheap on price and you can beat the hell out of them. with the lack of L3 cache in the new chips i'm thinking on my next build with ddr4 i'm goin intel :) under $600 though anything more is just insane.

Yeah I was very happy! Which model of 560's do you have? I've got the directcuII versions.

Managed to get it up a bit higher once overclocked. Seems stable at this level. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/9019003

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Anyone else having the problem where my first card in my system, will be used to 90% for 10 mins then after that it goes down to 50% and causes FPS drop to the point where the game becomes unplayable. BF4 to be exact. No other games does this.
Not a bottleneck because Metero LL and 2033 both use my 2 GTX 560Ti's and my CPU. GPU usage 90%+ on both and CUP 80%. BF$ is the only game where this happens. I am running Windows 8.1.
Both cards hit 71 degrees in Metro which is below their max, and then fan ramps up fine. I want to play BF4 more but I can't because of the poor performance, its the only game I have that does it. No other game will. Even on lowest settings BF4 deos this.

PC Specs:

AMD FX 6100 OC to 4.2Ghz
8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM
2x GTX 560Ti 1GB
120GB SSD
1TB HDD
Corsair TX750 Watt PSU
Zalman CNPS5X CPU cooler

Not experienced this. Sounds very program /game specific.

This is usually a permissions issue. Did you make sure to disable User Account Control and then REBOOT?
That's usually the step people forget.

DO NOT TURN OFF WINDOWS TEST MODE! do a clean install. 1) uninstall drivers and turn off uac. 2)restart in safe mode and run DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart. 3) install drivers, restart. 4)open certmgr.msc and delete differentsliauto certificates. 5) delete differentSLIauto folder and unzip a fresh copy of differentsliauto, 6)copy and paste nvlddmkm.sys 7)run .exe then run install.cmd. reboot. sli should be enabled. turn uac back on, reboot. LEAVE IT IN TEST MODE!

Sean and everyone else who helped create and/or troubleshoot this piece of software...I fucking love all of you. SO MUCH. Thank you, thank you! This whole process has taken me a shocking 4 hours, but, I'm now successfully running SLI GTX 980's on a CrossFire board thanks to you guys.

I'm specifically thanking you, Sean, because before I did those steps, the patcher kept crashing and asking if I wanted to send Windows a report. I was about to give up and hit my head against a wall until I thought I'd give your steps a try.

I love all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:

RTSketch

Sean and everyone else who helped create and/or troubleshoot this piece of software...I fucking love all of you. SO MUCH. Thank you, thank you! This whole process has taken me a shocking 4 hours (I think I'm retarded), but I'm now successfully running SLI GTX 980's on a CrossFire board thanks to you guys.

I'm specifically thanking you, Sean, because before I did those steps, the patcher kept crashing and asking if I wanted to send Windows a report. I was about to give up and hit my head against a wall until I thought I'd give your steps a try.

I love all of you!

It took me several days so that me make stupid does?

Sean and everyone else who helped create and/or troubleshoot this piece of software...I fucking love all of you. SO MUCH. Thank you, thank you! This whole process has taken me a shocking 4 hours, but, I'm now successfully running SLI GTX 980's on a CrossFire board thanks to you guys.

I love all of you!
Nice! Good to hear. The answer to any question to do with this patch is in the previous 52 pages. Tough to go thru all those pages when your rig is tripping out :) just trying to do my part in appreciation for DifferentSLIauto and it's supporters. Cheers/Happy Holidays.

Veilleur

Hi, i've read all of the 52 pages of this thread and many others on google (during 5 days yes.....)
I want to make a SLI with ASUS GTX 680 DCU2 4Gb and ASUS GTX 680 DCU2 TOP 2Gb.
And it's no working.
I've test all of the drivers. no success. I've test 5 sli bridges in all of possible and unpossible configuration with no success again.
And I've discover DifferentSLIAuto.
Tested with last drivers (344.80) no issues. And no issues again for 344.75

I'm on a "SLI Ready" motherboard. LOL what a joke ! -_-
It's a AsRock Fatal1ty 990 FX Killer. No SLI options into the bios.

BUT, with Coolbits OR DifferentSLIauto, i've the "configure sli" options. BUT, when I select and apply to activate SLI, the Nvidia Control Panel Application crash...

Please help me ! :( I lose my hair :'(

Hi, i've read all of the 52 pages of this thread and many others on google (during 5 days yes.....)
I want to make a SLI with ASUS GTX 680 DCU2 4Gb and ASUS GTX 680 DCU2 TOP 2Gb.
And it's no working.
I've test all of the drivers. no success. I've test 5 sli bridges in all of possible and unpossible configuration with no success again.
And I've discover DifferentSLIAuto.
Tested with last drivers (344.80) no issues. And no issues again for 344.75

I'm on a "SLI Ready" motherboard. LOL what a joke ! -_-
It's a AsRock Fatal1ty 990 FX Killer. No SLI options into the bios.

BUT, with Coolbits OR DifferentSLIauto, i've the "configure sli" options. BUT, when I select and apply to activate SLI, the Nvidia Control Panel Application crash...

Please help me ! :( I lose my hair :'(
my guess would be either your psu or the different vram sizes. you could try switching the cards. try it with the 2gb in the first slot. p.s if you do get it to work the 4gb card will only run at 2gb. IMO i don't see a real advantage to using both cards. when your getting 4gb already.

Veilleur

Changing card position not working in "normal mode and drivers" I go to try this with this tool. (differentSLIauto)

I don't understand about psu ?

thank for reply !

Ennvie

Hey Ember, I followed the steps on the readme and when i run the .exe to patch, it says this http://i.imgur.com/HsxkvKK.png

I did everything correctly of the previous steps up until that one.

The two video cards Im trying to sli is a GTX 660 and GTX 760.

I have a feeling that the manufacturer was the reason since one is EVGA and one is ASUS but going from this thread I thought I was able to SLI them.

Hey Ember, I followed the steps on the readme and when i run the .exe to patch, it says this http://i.imgur.com/HsxkvKK.png

I did everything correctly of the previous steps up until that one.

The two video cards Im trying to sli is a GTX 660 and GTX 760.

I have a feeling that the manufacturer was the reason since one is EVGA and one is ASUS but going from this thread I thought I was able to SLI them.

Hi Ennvie - I'm not an expert, but I had a very similar issue to what you're showing in the picture. Our setups are different (same model/manufacturer on my cards), but the fix that Sean mentioned near the bottom of page 51 worked for me. Might be worth a shot? (His instructions below.)
DO NOT TURN OFF WINDOWS TEST MODE! do a clean install. 1) uninstall drivers and turn off uac. 2)restart in safe mode and run DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart. 3) install drivers, restart. 4)open certmgr.msc and delete differentsliauto certificates. 5) delete differentSLIauto folder and unzip a fresh copy of differentsliauto, 6)copy and paste nvlddmkm.sys 7)run .exe then run install.cmd. reboot. sli should be enabled. turn uac back on, reboot. LEAVE IT IN TEST MODE!

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 660 ti SLI
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Case Corsair Vengeance C70
Audio Device(s) Audigy RX 7.1
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Mad Katz STRIKE 3
Software Windows 8.1
@Ember
When ever I run Install.cmd, I get the message "SignTool Error: File not found:
The operation completed successfully.
1files(s) copied.
Reboot now for changes to take effect.

When I reboot, it does not work. I have tried redownloading and extracing the files with not luck. This previously worked, but stopped after refreshing my system. I am on windows 8.1 and am using dual 660 ti sli on a non sli motherboard.

I think that I lost the certificate and it won't reinstall it so the program can't find it. Can anyone help with this?
screenshot.png

Last edited: