• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooltek W2

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Cooltek W2 is a bigger version of the W1, able to hold an XL-ATX motherboard and fully sized components. It comes equipped with three 140 mm fans, the same high-quality aluminum shell, and an excellent mix of drive bays - including an external 5.25" drive in the rear. Clocking in at a good 20% less than the Carbide Air 540, the Cooltek W2 is an excellent alternative for those looking for a clean full-sized cube chassis.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Red 101
Processor 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900k
Motherboard EVGA Z370 Classified
Cooling Custom Primochill and Heatkiller water cooling loop
Memory 16GB of Gskill 3200Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 with Heatkiller block @2114Mhz
Storage 4- Samsung Evo 250GB, 1- Pro 512GB and 1-512GB M.2
Display(s) LG 38" UW
Case In Win 101 customized a lot and painted red
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
Power Supply EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Razer DeathAdderv2
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win10Pro and games
Benchmark Scores NA
Thanks! now how can I get one in the USAs!?

I think I would take this any day over the Plastic 540... much as I like Corsair I hate plastic more!

Can't get it in the U.S. directly atm. I tried last week, and ended up ordering one from overseas.

This case is made by Jonsbo, who then sells them through makers like Cooltek and Rosewill.

Keep an eye out, I'll have a video review of it soon myself. :) I'll be sure to post here.

Update... It arrived just now!!! :D

Last edited:
System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
It's a good looking case but I want to know what manner of an UX genius decided that having the window on one side and the buttons/sound/usb ports on the opposite is good for usability.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Carbon
Cooling Artic freezer 280mm
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE
I have this case, do you still have it?

Can you try fitting an 80mm fan in the rear section and see if the front still goes on?

Mine hits on the screw heads and no longer sits flush.

Reminds me I need to send cooltek pictures of mine as they don't believe me.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
I am actually surprised that the case is so 'cheap' considering the materials used and stylized look. Cooltek really did a good job with this one.

@Darksaber: Any chance you might be reviewing the Antec P380 soon?

System Name Dave
Processor AMD R7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 6000 Tuned
Video Card(s) Pailt Nvidia RTX 4080 Gamerock Omniblack
Storage 2x 500GB 1x 1TB NVME's
Display(s) iiyama ProLite XUB3493WQSU-B1
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) Couple of USB DAC's
Power Supply Be Quiet Pure Power 12M 850w
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Wooting 2
Software Microshaft Winhoes 11
Benchmark Scores NO BENCH! ONLY GAME!
It's a good looking case but I want to know what manner of an UX genius decided that having the window on one side and the buttons/sound/usb ports on the opposite is good for usability.

Yes, I thought this case was spot on until I saw those buttons. The rear DVD drive is a great afterthought but if you used it regularly that would mean 3 sides of this case needs to be accessible.

Very awkward.

ikepuska

Can anyone point me to a good site to order this which will ship it to the US? I don't want to wait on rosewill bringing it over to this side of the pond.

System Name Queen Bee
Processor 3570k @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte UD3 Z77
Cooling Water Loop by EK
Memory 8GB Corsair 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 Gaming WaterCooled
Storage 1x Western Digital 500GB Black 1x Intel 20GB 311 SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2420G
Case CoolTek W2
Power Supply Corsair 650Watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Can anyone point me to a good site to order this which will ship it to the US? I don't want to wait on rosewill bringing it over to this side of the pond.

Totally agree, I think I actually found a replacement for my TJ07. I like the flat top, as a I tend to rest items on top of my case. I like the modular design with the main components receiving a majority of the cooling. I like the disk drive in the back, it could be a spot for a 5.25 reservoir. Are their any out there that work on their side? Sleek and modern I want one.

The Beast is finally built! The case houses everything very well. Unfortunately, I'm having issues with the ASUS mobo. One DIMM slot doesn't work and I keep losing my RAID config in Device Manager. :mad: I'd hate to have to RMA it after spending so much time already trying to get it to work.

Specs:

Intel 5820K
ASUS X99-PRO
MSI 970 Gaming
16GB 2800 DDR4
240GB Seagate SSD
2x 4TB HGST NAS
Corsair H110
Phanteks High Static Pressure Fans
Corsair HX750 PSU

ikepuska

@Darksword Which european reseller did you end up buying the case from? Most of the ones I looked at wouldn't ship to the US...

I bought it from QuietPC.com They were super fast. I had it to my door in four days.

Sader

The Beast is finally built! The case houses everything very well. Unfortunately, I'm having issues with the ASUS mobo. One DIMM slot doesn't work and I keep losing my RAID config in Device Manager. :mad: I'd hate to have to RMA it after spending so much time already trying to get it to work.

Specs:

Intel 5820K
ASUS X99-PRO
MSI 970 Gaming
16GB 2800 DDR4
240GB Seagate SSD
2x 4TB HGST NAS
Corsair H110
Phanteks High Static Pressure Fans
Corsair HX750 PSU

thanks for sharing !
Can you pls post temps for CPU/GPU under gaming or Prime95+Furmark loads ?
How are GPU VRM temperatures ?

Do you have fans at the bottom ?

Thanks

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
nice case and nice review
its been a while i havent seen vertical psu on case
and the size still compact

I have the 5820K overclocked to 4.5Ghz @ 1.300v so far. Idle temps are about 50C. I've only briefly tested with AID64 so far. I'll try to work in some more tests.

GPU gets to about 73C at full load while running Unigine Heaven at 70% fan speed. I knew going in that this system would run hotter than my old rig in my HAF-XB case. But this system won't be used for gaming all the time, so temps shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Sader

I have the 5820K overclocked to 4.5Ghz @ 1.300v so far. Idle temps are about 50C. I've only briefly tested with AID64 so far. I'll try to work in some more tests.

GPU gets to about 73C at full load while running Unigine Heaven at 70% fan speed. I knew going in that this system would run hotter than my old rig in my HAF-XB case. But this system won't be used for gaming all the time, so temps shouldn't be too much of a concern.
Thanks for reply!

Indeed this hot for my liking - especially considered separated air chambers, and direct 140mm fans blowing onto the GPU & CPU.....
Also comparing this to new Define R5 - still Define R5 is a winner....

P.S. I had same GPU running 65-71 Degrees in mITX RVZ01B Case which, considering the tight space requirements, is even or on pair with this case.

Got idle temps down to 43C after installing a higher airflow rear fan, at the expense of more noise however.

Last edited:
Processor 5900x
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Thought I would post this in here.

excuse the poor photo quality (taken on ipad) and the rear white fan will be replaced at some point. Needed a fast rear fan to help clear out the hot air otherwise temps got out of control.

bkvamme

Thought I would post this in here.

excuse the poor photo quality (taken on ipad) and the rear white fan will be replaced at some point. Needed a fast rear fan to help clear out the hot air otherwise temps got out of control.

Hi!

Nice setup!
Your radiators are 30mm right? What type of graphics card do you have?

I am setting up a very similar setup, and I am quite concerned about dimensions. According to the official specs, if you have a 30mm rad + a 25mm fan, the graphics card could only be 265mm long, which is just a bit on the short side for the high power GPUs. However, I did find a comment on in a German review that the max dimensions are actually measured with the fan installed. I.e. you have 320mm for the GPU with a 25mm fan installed. Here is the translated version of the comment:

Thank you for your interest in our product range.

I'll tell you right away that I can not make guarantees! However, I have measured it once: a 280 mm radiator (if it is not too large for connecting part has) should be good to install more or less. I have taken here the Corsair H110 as a basis. In the moment when the radiator is, however, wider or longer, you will have massive problems of space.

In addition, it is very likely in any case that you can not use any ports on the bottom of the board (SATA, USB, Audio, Front Panel ...) because they are blocked by the radiator or fan.

The maximum overall length of VGA cards on our website is inclusive of front mounted fan - so if you install a 30 mm thick radiator in the front, a maximum of 290 mm still available if you install only one set of fans.

If you work in push-pull mode, you end up with a maximum of 265 mm - and these values assume that the power hookups NOT be found at the back of the card sind.

Ich hope that you the weiterhilft.

Mit friendly Grüßen-- Name entfernt--

Based on the pictures in post #10, I would say that this appears to be correct.

The MSI GTX970 Gaming is 269mm long, the rad is 30mm thick, and the fan is 25mm thick. If you have 345mm total, this kinda adds up:

345 - 25 - 30 = 290mm to spare for the GPU
The gap between the radiator and the GPU in Post #10 could very well be 20mm.

It really does appear that something has been lost in translation between the manufacturer, and absolutely all reviews I have read so far (German, English and Polish). On the Jonsbo page it states that you have 320mm if your remove the fan, but according to the measurements you would actually have 320mm with one fan included.

Processor 5900x
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
The total from the back PCI slots to the front with no fan in is 340mm by my measurement.

My GPU is a R9 290 and with the rad and the fan at the front I have 16mm gap between the end of the card and the radiator.

If you need any other measurements let me know.

bkvamme

The total from the back PCI slots to the front with no fan in is 340mm by my measurement.

My GPU is a R9 290 and with the rad and the fan at the front I have 16mm gap between the end of the card and the radiator.

If you need any other measurements let me know.
Excellent. That is just perfect. I am going for an R9 290/290X aswell. Now I now it will fit. Would suck to order the chassis just to discover that it is too small :)

One more measurement would be nice, what is the clearance between the motherboard and the radiator? Both horizontal and vertical clearance would be very nice, as I have a different motherboard. Looks to be a very close fit, but are you be able to use the connectors at the bottom of the motherboard?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Needed a fast rear fan to help clear out the hot air otherwise temps got out of control.

Are those fans on the radiators blowing the hot air in to the case?

Processor 5900x
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Excellent. That is just perfect. I am going for an R9 290/290X aswell. Now I now it will fit. Would suck to order the chassis just to discover that it is too small :)

One more measurement would be nice, what is the clearance between the motherboard and the radiator? Both horizontal and vertical clearance would be very nice, as I have a different motherboard. Looks to be a very close fit, but are you be able to use the connectors at the bottom of the motherboard?

I don't have an exact measurement with the radiator I have in the bottom now as its just impossible to get anything in there to measure with but its really really tight, I cannot use my USB 3.0 header on my motherboard as there isn't room. The power switch connectors and USB 2 headers are fine though. Just install them first before putting the radiator in.

I have a couple of pictures from when I tried using a really think rad in the bottom of the case which should hopefully give you a better idea of clearances.