• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Hey Ember, I followed the steps on the readme and when i run the .exe to patch, it says this http://i.imgur.com/HsxkvKK.png

I did everything correctly of the previous steps up until that one.

The two video cards Im trying to sli is a GTX 660 and GTX 760.

I have a feeling that the manufacturer was the reason since one is EVGA and one is ASUS but going from this thread I thought I was able to SLI them.
760+660 should work. did you run the .exe file before the install.cmd? try the clean install method that is located in Ascoris's post also in the past i was having problems with admin rights when running the install.cmd file. the remedy to that and the way i do my installs is to right click on the .cmd file click edit and delete lines 5+6 these 2 lines =

if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin

if exist "%WinDir%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer" goto certexists

then save. and run .cmd

Last edited:
@Ennvie what driver version and OS is this in reference to. 32 or 64bit?
@seanstizz7 I appreciate your attempts to help people but what you are suggesting to @Ennvie is not relevant to the current problem.

SimpyD

I'm kinda stuck on the part where it says install the Install.cmd, it says run as admin I try and it says *Please extract everything from the package* do I need to reboot after I use DifferentSLI auto then try to use the install.cmd. I'm new to this stuff, sry if any of the questions are dumb lol.
Great software btw, hope i can get it working.
thx.

SimpyD

Hey guys I got SLI working, but now I cannot get rid of this test mode in bottom right of my screen.

XPeriMeNTsp5

Hello everyone. Special thanks to Ember for amazing stuff.

Looks like I need a little help with making my GTX760 and 560Ti work together. After doing everything as intended I got NVIDIA panel crashes to death and never ressurect as well no game or application (like 3Dmark) can not run returning unspecified error or DirectX error. So my specification is:
ASrock Z68 Gen3 motherboard
Intel CoreI5 2500 CPU
16gb of Kingston HyperX RAM
1050w Corsair supply unit
GeForce Gtx 760 and GeForce Gtx 560Ti, both from Zotac, both AMP! edition.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Steps I followed:
1) Run Windows in Test mode
1.1) Reboot
2) Cleared old Video drivers with DDC (from safe mode)
2.1) Reboot
3) Made a clean video drivers installation
3.1) Reboot
4) Copied nvlddmkm.sys to the DSLIA folder
5) Runned .exe (got verification that patch succesfull, with some messages that patch #4 is not present)
6) Runned cmd.exe with admin rights and from there runned the install.cmd (otherwise it was spamming me the message that I need to run it with admin rights)
7) After message that all good Reboot
8) Runned NVIDIA Display Panel.
9) Picked option to turn on SLI.
10) Waiting patiently for screen to stop blinking and freezing.
11) BAM! Critical error. NVIDIDA panel dead and gone, SLI not working, no 3D application working.

The AV is killed for good. UAC turned off. Both cards powerd up and have enough electricity to make my computer case flying.

If anyone has any ideas I will be thankfull for any help.

P.S. Got 2 monitors plugged in same video card. One is dying as well after trying turning on SLI.
P.S.S. In most top PCI-E slot the 760 is installed.
P.S.S.S. In device list both vudeo cards marked as turned off cause they report an error. Turning back any don't change anything. Turning on both of them make both going offlined with error mark.

Yop guy

arg, problem again:
Yop guy
arg, problem again:
I m in 8.1 64 with 3 titan on Supermicro motherboard.
I use DifferentSLIAuto 1.1_2 cause 1.1 fail (extract pack error) on win 8.1.

I have follow every steps
''DO NOT TURN OFF WINDOWS TEST MODE! do a clean install. 1) uninstall drivers and turn off uac. 2)restart in safe mode and run DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart. 3) install drivers, restart. 4)open certmgr.msc and delete differentsliauto certificates. 5) delete differentSLIauto folder and unzip a fresh copy of differentsliauto, 6)copy and paste nvlddmkm.sys 7)run .exe then run install.cmd. reboot. sli should be enabled. turn uac back on, reboot. LEAVE IT IN TEST MODE!''

I have extract the file in C

The patch work but fail after launch Install 2.cmd:

In the 2.cmd, into the ligne: C:\DifferentSLIAuto1.1_2\tools\signtool.exe sign /v /s DifferentSLIAuto /n DifferentSLIAuto /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll C:\DifferentSLIAuto1.1_2\nvlddmkm.sys
The URL seems to be dead.

Please I can t find solution by myself, I need help for that.

I use difsli 1.1

Chainpwn

Yop guy

arg, problem again:
Yop guy
arg, problem again:
I use DifferentSLIAuto 1.1_2 cause 1.1 fail (extract pack error) on win 8.1.

I have follow every steps
''DO NOT TURN OFF WINDOWS TEST MODE! do a clean install. 1) uninstall drivers and turn off uac. 2)restart in safe mode and run DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart. 3) install drivers, restart. 4)open certmgr.msc and delete differentsliauto certificates. 5) delete differentSLIauto folder and unzip a fresh copy of differentsliauto, 6)copy and paste nvlddmkm.sys 7)run .exe then run install.cmd. reboot. sli should be enabled. turn uac back on, reboot. LEAVE IT IN TEST MODE!''

I have extract the file in C

The patch work but fail after launch Install 2.cmd:

In the 2.cmd, into the ligne: C:\DifferentSLIAuto1.1_2\tools\signtool.exe sign /v /s DifferentSLIAuto /n DifferentSLIAuto /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll C:\DifferentSLIAuto1.1_2\nvlddmkm.sys
The URL seems to be dead.

Please I can t find solution by myself, I need help for that.

I use difsli 1.1

The instructions of removing the certificates will NOT WORK. It will then show the error above "No certificates were found."

In order to fix it myself, I had to do a system restore to before I started Install 1.cmd or the .exe (same thing).

Once you've removed those, you need to make sure you right click and run as administrator both Install 1.cmd and Install 2.cmd.

""The instructions of removing the certificates will NOT WORK""

at the first time thiscertificate are not instal on the system, why its create a problem if you remove it ?
The patch instal a fresh certificate no ?

Chainpwn

""The instructions of removing the certificates will NOT WORK""

at the first time thiscertificate are not instal on the system, why its create a problem if you remove it ?
The patch instal a fresh certificate no ?

Because certmgr on Win 8.1 will not remove all of the items associated with the certificate.

Install 1.cmd will attempt to install a cert, see certain files are there, and stop. Install 2.cmd will search for all of the certs, see some aren't there, and stop.

To make matters worse, Install 1.cmd will not check if you are running as administrator. So if you didn't right-click and run as administrator, the certs would not have installed correctly.

TheKaiser

Thanks so much anatolymik!!! The newer version didn't work for me but the old method was so easy to do. Got my gtx 770 and 670 sli'd and working. Thanks :)

Hello !
Thanks for the work done so far, worked like a charm on my no-SLI motherboard :) I just subscribed to let you know last Nvidia drivers doesn't seem to work with 1.1 version of the patch. New Nvidia drivers are 347.09.
I have stopped UAC, Firewall and Antivirus, launched as administrator, here is was I get :

: Welcome to DifferentSLI Patcher v1.1 by Ember 2k13!
: Press "Patch!" to patch your driver.
[E] : Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
: Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #1
: Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #2
: Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #3
[C] : Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found.

They must have changed something about SLI in this new version :'(

Hi I'm interested in 3-way SLI GTX 460 without a bridge.

According to nvidia 258.96 win7 x64 allows SLI without a bridge.

Can I 3-way sli without a bridge or is there a single bridge 3-times connector?

Apparently without the bridge is around 20fps less than with, but with 3-way could see 30-40fps less.

I also had a question because I have this working on a few systems and whenever i put the nvlddmkm.sys in the patch directory it always fails with 344.75s x64 win7. Even know its working on other systems idk how I did it now. I have it working on 344.75 latest on two intel x58 systems and it works but even on said systems it fails now to patch the driver....

I had a regime down for the 344.75s and it works great but again the patcher fails so idk how i got it to work. I even pulled the pre-modded nvlddmkm.sys from the x58 systems and tried placing it back system32\drivers\ over writing the original ... Then DSEO the nvlddmkm.sys and enable test mode...

Basically install 344.75 fresh then put the system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys ... patch... patch fails... why does it always fail?

Thanks

Chainpwn

Hi I'm interested in 3-way SLI GTX 460 without a bridge.

According to nvidia 258.96 win7 x64 allows SLI without a bridge.

Can I 3-way sli without a bridge or is there a single bridge 3-times connector?

Apparently without the bridge is around 20fps less than with, but with 3-way could see 30-40fps less.

I also had a question because I have this working on a few systems and whenever i put the nvlddmkm.sys in the patch directory it always fails with 344.75s x64 win7. Even know its working on other systems idk how I did it now. I have it working on 344.75 latest on two intel x58 systems and it works but even on said systems it fails now to patch the driver....

I had a regime down for the 344.75s and it works great but again the patcher fails so idk how i got it to work. I even pulled the pre-modded nvlddmkm.sys from the x58 systems and tried placing it back system32\drivers\ over writing the original ... Then DSEO the nvlddmkm.sys and enable test mode...

Basically install 344.75 fresh then put the system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys ... patch... patch fails... why does it always fail?

Thanks

Can you give more info or screen shots from the exact step that is failing?

SLI can work without the bridge. However, the PCIE data lanes are used for the SLI connection instead of the bridge, which means the PCIE lanes are used for GPU to GPU communication and GPU rendering, which is why you see the FPS drop. I strongly recommend using an SLI bridge.

Can you give more info or screen shots from the exact step that is failing?

SLI can work without the bridge. However, the PCIE data lanes are used for the SLI connection instead of the bridge, which means the PCIE lanes are used for GPU to GPU communication and GPU rendering, which is why you see the FPS drop. I strongly recommend using an SLI bridge.

I have 3 460's just for shiz and giggles i wanna Differentsliauto 3-way sli 460's... maybe somehow plugging in a 3-way sli bridge .... Or idk

Basically I have it working on my x58 systems 344.75 x64. I don't remember what I did but it worked.

For 3-way sli 470s it's basically installing the driver 344.75 with both cards installed. Restart. Then sli doesn't show up. So I took the nvlddmkm.sys from windows\system32\drivers\ on my x64 win7 system...? Copied nvlddmkm.sys to patch directory, Clicked Patch and it could not find anything basically could not find enumerator etc etc... I must of forgot what I did...

From what I remember it patched without an issue... copy .. paste new modded nvlddmkm.sys to system32\drivers\... Then dseo (Driver Signer Enforcer Overrider) sign the new nvlddmkm.sys by entering c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys ... Success... Enable Test Mode .. Restart .. Good to go.

Maybe I totally forgot something lol??

Thanks

Last edited:

muhd86

i have 3 gtx 770 4gb from evga , can i do 4 way sli , do the drivers now support 4 way sli 770 or do i have to use this program to run 4 way sli .

any one

Chainpwn

I have 3 460's just for shiz and giggles i wanna Differentsliauto 3-way sli 460's... maybe somehow plugging in a 3-way sli bridge .... Or idk

Basically I have it working on my x58 systems 344.75 x64. I don't remember what I did but it worked.

For 3-way sli 470s it's basically installing the driver 344.75 with both cards installed. Restart. Then sli doesn't show up. So I took the nvlddmkm.sys from windows\system32\drivers\ on my x64 win7 system...? Copied nvlddmkm.sys to patch directory, Clicked Patch and it could not find anything basically could not find enumerator etc etc... I must of forgot what I did...

From what I remember it patched without an issue... copy .. paste new modded nvlddmkm.sys to system32\drivers\... Then dseo (Driver Signer Enforcer Overrider) sign the new nvlddmkm.sys by entering c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys ... Success... Enable Test Mode .. Restart .. Good to go.

Maybe I totally forgot something lol??

Thanks

Can you provide a screen shot or specific wording of the error message you get when you run DifferentSLIAuto.exe?

I have made a new pattern to search for patch #3 that should be more reliable. I spot tested across some different versions from 290.53 to 347.09 and it is working fine. I'm going to release a new package later so here is a pre-patched 347.09 Beta nvlddmkm.sys. Just put this in your DifferentSLI folder and run Install.cmd

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7u7u2slolxhsm7/nvlddmkm34709.rar

Last edited:

Thorgs

347.09 WHQL came out recently, I still want to release a new package but here is a pre-patched 347.09 WHQL. Just put this in your DifferentSLI folder and run Install.cmd

http://www.mediafire.com/download/357x8ifuh8riuf2/nvlddmkm34709whql.rar

Thanks for your work. (I have just registered myself to say thank you)

I use Different SLI for a few days now and I am totally satisfied. :)

My System: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, AMD Phenom II 1100T 4.0Ghz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, ASUS GTX 770 and Inno3D iChill HerculeZ GTX 770... SSD, HDD ect. ;)