• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Debuts Seiren Digital Microphone with Studio-Grade Recording Quality

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I honestly doubt this is Razer's product. More likely some other company did the product for them and they just stuck their branding there.

Yeah thought as much myself and if you read the posts here you see its most likely a reskin of the Blue Yeti Pro

And how exactly is that a bad thing? Closed loop coolers are also made by like 3 vendors and yet we have gazillion brands. Seems to work perfectly fine for end consumers. After all, prices went down quite a bit and coolers became even better.

It's not really any different with peripherals. There use to be prety much only Logitech and now you have tons of others. Result? Cheaper and better stuff.

System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
And how exactly is that a bad thing? Closed loop coolers are also made by like 3 vendors and yet we have gazillion brands. Seems to work perfectly fine for end consumers. After all, prices went down quite a bit and coolers became even better.

It's not really any different with peripherals. There use to be prety much only Logitech and now you have tons of others. Result? Cheaper and better stuff.

Slapping your brand on something is copying, no improvement at all.
Why is this a bad thing, just the fakeness of Razer imo, also its in no way helps the consumer as pricing does not go down with this "addition".

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Why is this a bad thing, just the fakeness of Razer imo, also its in no way helps the consumer as pricing does not go down with this "addition".

Well you can get the Blue Yeti Pro cheaper than the razer anyways even if not by much it all so comes with a 2 year warranty too.

Whaaaaaat? 3/4 of brands do this kind of shit and you're just being annoyed over Razer because it's a Razer? Seriously? That's the lamest explanation and excuse I've ever heard. You do realize that like all the hardware in this world is made by few makers and then companies sell them under their brand with tiny modifications? And you're now being upset over Razer alone for doing the exact same thing everyone else does. And then call me biased heh...

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Whaaaaaat? 3/4 of brands do this kind of shit and you're just being annoyed over Razer because it's a Razer? Seriously? That's the lamest explanation and excuse I've ever heard. You do realize that like all the hardware in this world is made by few makers and then companies sell them under their brand with tiny modifications? And you're now being upset over Razer alone for doing the exact same thing everyone else does. And then call me biased heh...

Areed, Razer, along with other successful companies, have an effective marketing team, and probably also a pretty powerful design team as well, which, as a matter of fact, probably needs to get paid for their work, and where does that come from? our pockets, exactly.

These so called "manufactures" make the products, and companies like Razer markets them, I don't see anything wrong here, this is how the world works folks. How many people heard of Blue Yetti Pro? now, how many people will now rush out and buy the latest Razer gadget that just came out? Whether you like it or not, Razer will move inventories much faster than Blue could alone.

Lastly, Razer commands a higher price than the other companies, well in reality, not much so, but if you want to believe it - like I said earlier, their effective marketing team and design team needs to be paid, and being a designer myself, I can tell you we ain't cheap.

Last edited:
System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700

I think you need to read it again... I never said other companies got a pass, but yes I especially have an issue with Razer with their fake words or premium and quality etc.

Well, you've answered yourself why no one ever heard of that Yeti Blue thingie unless if you're already running in those circles. Which will only mean more of usual "clueless" people will now own a high quality microphone instead of some cheap crap. Overpaid or not, what Razer is doing clearly works. If that's "moral" or not, it's not really up to me or you to judge the majority of customers that might now want to buy this particular microphone just because it's Razer branded.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
really now? what trends has razer ever set?
Remember, trend setter is not always the first.

Boomslang and Copperhead, the initial trend of 'gaming' mouse. It's them that started it, not Microsoft, Logitech, Saitek or else.

Naga, too-much-buttons-on-the-mouse-especially-in-your-thumb. Very few care with SS WoW (IIRC the first of the kind), not the case with Naga.

Blackwidow, mechanical 'gaming' keyboard. At that time 7G has been ~2 years old (and actual mechanical keyboard is way older), people like it but few really buy it. But after BW, comes the trend of mechanical gaming keyboard. Suddenly everyone wants mechanical. Even non-gaming branded like Filco started advertised their product as keyboard for gaming, at least their reseller.

Even if my argument above is wrong, it doesn't change the fact nobody lose when Razer selling higher end mic. If everyone buy it, what the worst could happen? you'll hear clearer voice in TeamSpeak? or no more webcam-mic-fest podcast?

Apparently it's just $10 overpriced over Blue Yeti Pro (not counting discount of course), with easier-to-find reseller/service center and better looks (subjective). I really don't see the problem here.

tehehe said:
I honestly doubt this is Razer's product.
Of course it's not. Rebadged is nothing unusual in hardware industry. People still bought Corsair PSU even though it's (for example) Seasonic unit. Some like the brand, some like the after sales services, some like aesthetic aspect, some getting better discount.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
really now? what trends has razer ever set?

"overhyped product with good marketing(albeit being "kiddy talk") but half baked build quality at a insane pricing", trend?

wait wait wait ....

Boomslang and Copperhead, the initial trend of 'gaming' mouse. It's them that started it, not Microsoft, Logitech, Saitek or else.

uh? the Boomslang was before the Logitech Wingman mouse? nah, pretty much doubt it ...

17years of goodness, the boom got out in 98 the Wingman in 97 but logitech did not say/marketed "we launched the 1st gaming mouse ever" they just launched the 1st gaming mouse, that's all, and it was sturdy and literally indestructible, early Razer product where good now they are just ... hum "Fisher-Price" (i know i'm being insulting to Fisher-Price but i had no other brand in my head to qualify Razer )

ohhh i did just re read ... that part
oh well ... make sense ... but not at all the gaming mouse trend setter was Logitech indeed since razer launched a gaming mouse after seeing that the Wingman mouse was a success (technically ... )

well they did set a trend : the "do not do like we do" since nearly all other brand does better and cheaper o_O ?

Last edited:

Naga, too-much-buttons-on-the-mouse-especially-in-your-thumb. Very few care with SS WoW (IIRC the first of the kind), not the case with Naga.

Blackwidow, mechanical 'gaming' keyboard. At that time 7G has been ~2 years old (and actual mechanical keyboard is way older), people like it but few really buy it. But after BW, comes the trend of mechanical gaming keyboard. Suddenly everyone wants mechanical. Even non-gaming branded like Filco started advertised their product as keyboard for gaming, at least their reseller.

Even if my argument above is wrong, it doesn't change the fact nobody lose when Razer selling higher end mic. If everyone buy it, what the worst could happen? you'll hear clearer voice in TeamSpeak? or no more webcam-mic-fest podcast?

Apparently it's just $10 overpriced over Blue Yeti Pro (not counting discount of course), with easier-to-find reseller/service center and better looks (subjective). I really don't see the problem here.

Of course it's not. Rebadged is nothing unusual in hardware industry. People still bought Corsair PSU even though it's (for example) Seasonic unit. Some like the brand, some like the after sales services, some like aesthetic aspect, some getting better discount.

Though be aware that while Corsair uses other makers, they use their own schematics and PSU designs. Which means that they design and decide what goes on the PSU PCB and then those makers make them for Corsair. That's why their PSU's pretty much blow away all the competition with ease, despite being made by lets cay CWT which isn't exactly top tier on their own. But under Corsair brand, it is. That's why saying it's crap just because it's outsourced means nothing. The same could be said for this mic. It may look and have same specs as the "original", but they could just as well use different internal components or have certain features other doesn't have.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Funny, the Yeti Pro microphone is like 25% more expensive than what this Razer thing is supposed to cost over here.