• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD to Power Next-Generation NES

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
5X faster than the Xbone isn't realistic at all, 3X faster isn't realistic.

2X faster is realistic but would cost too much, and frankly would make it so power hungry and expensive it would be cost prohibitive.

The same speed as either new console plus whatever process improvements they can get to the table in the next year and stay in the power envelope of their competitive consoles is what will most likely happen, the CPU portion of the console could be helped significantly by AMD fixing their cache latency issues, and that improvement would help all the consoles.

You wouldn't define the ability to get 2C/4T Haswell +iGPU at under 5W? i would. And no, NVIDIA isn't far far away, one far is enough.

AMD has decent offering, and decent brought enough potato-like trouble to both current-gen consoles with an array of devs having the lack of ability to supply either 1080P image and/or 60FPS in most games.
No, no thanks. Hopefully, maybe Nintendo will use a more powerful tech in the 20NM gen. Maybe not.

Consider the lack of wonder it provides.... the high price tag, and issues Intel has had with their graphics?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
You wouldn't define the ability to get 2C/4T Haswell +iGPU at under 5W? i would. And no, NVIDIA isn't far far away, one far is enough.
AMD has decent offering, and decent brought enough potato-like trouble to both current-gen consoles with an array of devs having the lack of ability to supply either 1080P image and/or 60FPS in most games.
No, no thanks. Hopefully, maybe Nintendo will use a more powerful tech in the 20NM gen. Maybe not.
Yeah, but DJ, look at the cost of that chip. Like, don't get me wrong, I have Surface Pro 3, and it's 11W CPU is pretty good.

But yes, 1080P development is far more important, IMHO, and to see this requires a rather beefy chip, which other consoles do not use. On the GPU side, looking at power efficiency, and maintaining a <250W power envelope, 50W for CPU and <175W for GPU isn't that exciting. HAswell 4c/8t and GTX 970 might work though. AMD cannot compete when competing within a specified power envelope.... or can they? :p

On the one hand, it's a slap in the face of Wii U gamers if it's not completely compatible.

On the other hand, it's probably the best move they have available to them. Wii U is never going to take off the way Nintendo wants it to. It just won't happen. Third party publishers have abandoned the platform specifically because it's a 360-level console in a PS4-level world of gaming, especially going forward. Developers don't want to continue to make games built to 360-level specifications (in terms of processor power, in terms of GPU power, and most importantly in terms of lacking memory) when pushing games onto the supposedly "next gen" consoles is already hard enough. They can't even get games out at 1080p on PS4 as often as they'd like and now you want to try and scale down to 360-esque hardware for years to come to support Wii U?

No. Something has to give. When Nintendo's Wii U faltered out the gate, publishers saw this as their chance to finally show Nintendo what they thought of their strategy of lagging the entire industry back a generation. When the Wii was huge, they went to the trouble of having different developers produce a game with the same name and often different gameplay built around the Wii's Gamecube-class hardware. But with the Wii U lagging out the gate, third party publishers took advantage of the situation to trim costs by cutting those ports altogether.

And the Wii U's gimmicky focus was on something people didn't want: tablet-style gaming on a tablet of less quality both in terms of the screen quality and the touchscreen input accuracy/speed than they already had on their iPad. And that was years ago. Tablets have progressed since then, too. Nintendo was counting on $500 tablets dominating the space, but then they release Wii U in time to face a $200 Google Nexus 7 (2013). 2013 brought an even better Nexus 7 that trounced the Wii U's tablet. Whoops. So you had the option to buy more games for your 360 and get a Nexus 7 (2013) for less money or buy a Wii U to get a tablet tied eternally to your Wii U. That's a no brainer.

Suddenly, their gimmick was nothing. Games didn't use it. Not even Nintendo's own published ones. Yet they refuse to get rid of it and trim costs.

So now they're looking to catch up to the rest of the industry with a SOC not unlike the Xbox One or PS4, I'd imagine. It's a smart move. A smarter move by Nintendo would be to quit the hardware business altogether and become a third party publisher, even if they only do it on Steam, iOS, and Android. That way, they don't have to join up with their eternal enemies but they can get access to bajillions of hungry gamers.

Imagine poor Microsoft and Sony facing an onslaught of Nintendo games on SteamOS. Cue the weeping.

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
5X faster than the Xbone isn't realistic at all, 3X faster isn't realistic.

2X faster is realistic but would cost too much, and frankly would make it so power hungry and expensive it would be cost prohibitive.

Do you know what's essentially 5x (I would actually say they need 4.5x + scaling inefficiency difference) faster than an xbox1? A 980 (or overclocked 970). Pretty much exactly (I bet that's TOTALLY a coincidence on nvidia's part). I simply quoted the amd equivalent.

That's (gm204) on tsmc 28nm. GF 20nm is almost 3x as dense. 14nm *should* be around 20%+ faster than the bottom-end of tsmc 28nm (somewhere around 925mhz, if you go by salvage 28nm amd skus) at low voltage/high yield. It's surely not impossible, especially when you figure a typical console gpu is around 200mm2 on a cost-efficient process.

If you were to say 'but Nintendo puts out tech that 3 years old at release', I would argue that by that time it would be roughly three years old.

The main difference essentially has to be that instead of using what was low-end three years from launch, it is relatively high-end. That way, even a couple gpu gens later, it will still be relevant across the board. I would argue there is a good chance a 980-like product will still exist in the gpu stacks of both companies in 2016-2017.

Last edited:
Yeah, but DJ, look at the cost of that chip. Like, don't get me wrong, I have Surface Pro 3, and it's 11W CPU is pretty good.

But yes, 1080P development is far more important, IMHO, and to see this requires a rather beefy chip, which other consoles do not use. On the GPU side, looking at power efficiency, and maintaining a <250W power envelope, 50W for CPU and <175W for GPU isn't that exciting. HAswell 4c/8t and GTX 970 might work though. AMD cannot compete when competing within a specified power envelope.... or can they? :p

Your confusing Average power use to power needed. GTX 970 can draw up to 290watts by itself during its Boost cycles.

Edit: Comparison graph to older gen consoles

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Your confusing Average power use to power needed. GTX 970 can draw up to 290watts by itself during its Boost cycles.

Right, but boost in some card is like 1300 MHz or so. limit that to 1100 MHz, I think power draw could be handled. However, point taken rightly. I am eager to see what AMD can cook up on the GPU front, but maybe this idea is why we have GTX970/980, and no response from AMD.

Those are rather interesting numbers, too, thanks very much for that graph. Too bad that hardware is absolute crap on the GPU side. I haven't bought this gen of console since I knew that 1080P was not gonna happen properly.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Do you know what's essentially 5x (I would actually say they need 4.5x + scaling inefficiency difference) faster than an xbox1? A 980 (or overclocked 970). Pretty much exactly (I bet that's TOTALLY a coincidence on nvidia's part). I simply quoted the amd equivalent.

That's on 28nm. GF 20nm is almost 3x as dense. 14nm *should* be around 20%+ faster than the bottom-end of tsmc 28nm (somewhere around 925mhz, if you go by salvage 28nm amd skus) at low voltage/high yield. It's surely not impossible, especially when you figure a typical console gpu is around 200mm2 on a cost-efficient process.

If you were to say 'but Nintendo puts out tech that 3 years old at release', I would argue that by that time it would be roughly three years old.

The main difference essentially has to be that instead of using what was low-end three years from launch, it is relatively high-end. That way, even a couple gpu gens later, it will still be relevant across the board. I would argue there is a good chance a 980-like product will still exist in the gpu stacks of both companies in 2016-2017.

Wow, so all we have to do is strap a 980 on it and look at it go!!!

Never mind the themals, nevermind the power consumption, nevermind the cost, nevermind that Intel already makes CPU's on tiny nodes and they are only about 20-40% more efficient and we are coming to the end of the silicon era, and we can no longer squeeze performance out of it, lets just say what we wish were true.

The AMD CPU's in the PS4 for example is still an off the shelf chip including a few extra parts, with very good voltage control, where if it doesn't meet the criteria for the PS4, it may for the Xbone and vice versa, and on a very, very mature process with as high of yields as can be expected. It is not however equal to the top of the line GPU from 3 years ago (its essentially a 7850 at lower clock speed, sharing its memory with the CPU (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syst...-comparison-wiiu-vs-xbox-one-vs-ps4-30976500/) http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/26.html placing it around the performance of a 5870, which is 6 years old) , let alone 5 years ago. So I am not sure what you are saying other than generalizing what you WISH would happen.

Essentially we are at the bend of the knee, once past 20nm the power consumption and performance stop decreasing exponentially as the traces on the motherboard, I-O and other items begin to need high signal voltage to remain stable, thus negating the lower process size, and actually causing issues in the chip, and why Intel had to move to on die voltage control, so they could effectively terminate the voltage without damaging the more fragile transistors.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember

Terrible performance isn't AMD's fault. The gpu could have been 3x faster and cpu clocked over 2ghz, but Sony and (especially) M$ are cheapskates. AMD made what they asked for.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Terrible performance isn't AMD's fault. The gpu could have been 3x faster and cpu clocked over 2ghz, but Sony and (especially) M$ are cheapskates. AMD made what they asked for.

They also could have been liquid cooled, with a 1200W power supply, but in the interest of being reasonable and logical that wouldn't work anymore than a 3X faster chip due to power consumption and thermal issues.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
They also could have been liquid cooled, with a 1200W power supply, but in the interest of being reasonable and logical that wouldn't work anymore than a 3X faster chip due to power consumption and thermal issues.
275W isn't ridiculous (my estimate).
Just doubling the performance would be easy without doubling power consumption.

I have CPUs that consume that and more alone and they're EASY to cool.

Both camps saw how hard a sell the PS3 was at 600 (which was below cost iirc) and didn't want to lose sales early on.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
275W isn't ridiculous (my estimate).
Just doubling the performance would be easy without doubling power consumption.

I have CPUs that consume that and more alone and they're EASY to cool.

My laptop powerbrick puts out 56W under full load when its running F@H on a shiny Intel i7-4702, it gets hot to the touch. We are at http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/about-power-supply the point where consoles require fans in the power supply bricks, and you want to double that (Xbone 112) and then some?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
My laptop powerbrick puts out 56W under full load when its running F@H on a shiny Intel i7-4702, it gets hot to the touch. We are at http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/about-power-supply the point where consoles require fans in the power supply bricks, and you want to double that (Xbone 112) and then some?

Stop using bricks. PCs don't use bricks until they're 25 watts.

There's also solutions such as the case being a passive heatsink itself.

Consoles are a total joke and obsolete before they're even released. These stupid boxes are brand new and are already stuck at 30 fps. What life does it have? None.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
All I had to read was "Next-Generation NES" and my wallet put its teeth on the curb and spread its butt cheeks.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Going away from RISC would break compatibility with past titles unless they use an emulation layer. However, it may pay off given the console could be ported to easier. Wii U customers are just going to be very pissed.

This is one of those things where Nintendo should have used common sense and seen this problem coming ahead of time. If you consider when Wii was popular and when it declined, you'll realize literally this is a generation of kids who got hooked then grew out of it. The Wii was a fad, all it was. Fads die. Nintendo should have seen that and not tried to repeat it with the Wii U.

Any way they do it, can't convince me to buy Nintendo. They constantly ride their old IP and barely release anything new. Mario, Zelda, Metroid...don't care. Been there, done it, they've yet to show anything new. They are the Disneyland of gaming but its like their entire park is just a few types of rides. At least Disney caters to multiple age groups. Nintendo doesn't.

They can stay kid focused but I'd just like Nintendo to step up and invent something new instead of ride the same formula titles over and over.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Nintendo should get more serious and less kiddie friendly imo.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Stop using bricks. PCs don't use bricks until they're 25 watts.

There's also solutions such as the case being a passive heatsink itself.

Consoles are a total joke and obsolete before they're even released. These stupid boxes are brand new and are already stuck at 30 fps. What life does it have? None.

So essentially you are suggesting to build a PC, Steam tried that, and look how well its gone for them. Also, feel free to go lick a 150W Halogen bulb, report back how it feels.

What will most likely happen is the evolution of server/client in home processing will occur, and much like the stem in home client works on almost all hardware developers will wise up, sell a PC or use console like hardware, and eventually license games to run on X number of devices either remotely processed at mid levels of graphics on high speed internet, or on a local server and then use TV's, Tablets, and other devices on the receiving end. MS has already shown this to work with remote processing on Xbone hardware.

Right, but boost in some card is like 1300 MHz or so. limit that to 1100 MHz, I think power draw could be handled. However, point taken rightly. I am eager to see what AMD can cook up on the GPU front, but maybe this idea is why we have GTX970/980, and no response from AMD.

Those are rather interesting numbers, too, thanks very much for that graph. Too bad that hardware is absolute crap on the GPU side. I haven't bought this gen of console since I knew that 1080P was not gonna happen properly.

Tom's Hardware said:
Nvidia’s GPU Boost Accelerates Maxwell
Everything makes sense in theory, but we still want to know how Maxwell achieves better efficiency at this magnitude. Kepler already adjusted the GPU’s voltage quickly and exactly depending on its load and temperature, and AMD’s PowerTune did the same thing as well. It turns out that Maxwell refines the formula further. With its shaders fully utilized, the new architecture's advantage over Kepler practically vanishes. So, Maxwell depends on its superior ability to adjust to changing loads, and, consequently, it’s able to tailor the power consumption even better to the needs of the application in question. The more variance there is, the better Maxwell fares.
To illustrate, let’s take a look at how Maxwell behaves in the space of just 1 ms. Its power consumption jumps up and down repeatedly within this time frame, hitting a minimum of 100 W and a maximum of 290 W. Even though the average power consumption is only 176 W, the GPU draws almost 300 W when it's necessary. Above that, the GPU slows down.
Gaming Power Consumption
These findings further illustrate what we said on the previous page about Maxwell and its ability to regulate GPU voltage faster and more precisely. The gaming-based power consumption numbers show just how much efficiency can be increased if the graphics card matches how much power is drawn to the actual load needed. The version of the GeForce GTX 980 that comes overclocked straight from the factory manages to use significantly less power than the reference version, while offering six percent more performance at the same time.
Stress Test Power Consumption
If the load is held constant, then the lower power consumption measurements vanish immediately. There’s nothing for GPU Boost to adjust, since the highest possible voltage is needed continuously. Nvidia's stated TDP becomes a distant dream. In fact, if you compare the GeForce GTX 980’s power consumption to an overclocked GeForce GTX Titan Black, there really aren’t any differences between them. This is further evidence supporting our assertion that the new graphics card’s increased efficiency is largely attributable to better load adjustment and matching.

All AMD would have to do is a better load matching algorithm.

Another thing to be considered is the multi use of these consoles. Most TVs now are 8bit+ even economic ones. Nvidia still limits GeForce to 8-bit. Radeons run native 10-bit. When your screen size is varied you'll want to minimize the issues such as consumers experiencing banding which is greatly varied by the screen/size/viewing distance and ones eyesight. Anything 4k is suppose to be 10-bit 4:4:4. Most 4k video streams already announced to be 10-bit 4:2:2.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
4K is unimportant to me, and is akin to 720p, but I hear what you are saying.

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
not when it comes to a price. and I don't believe that 2C/4T haswell at 5 watts is powerful enough for anything than a tablet running office. Still, even if it was enough, the nvidia gpu isn't sticked together to that haswell. So its like have two useless pieces of hardware. Unless you want an expensive console made of both nvidia + intel (it could happen if it was viable commercially)

as far as I see people who owns an xbox or ps4 they just adore their console, so I don't even see where are those missing FPS specially if you don't have a 120Hz TV. What I see are poor developers in a rush with limited budget making bad games. And real engineers were those over a Z80 programming for a nintendo gameboy. Once these consoles mature enough games will improve. Its a question of time.

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
A smarter move by Nintendo would be to quit the hardware business altogether and become a third party publisher,

I've read that countless of times but have yet to comprehend what would Nintendo win from that move. The way they do things now is kinda like what Apple does: they control the development environment from top to bottom. Yes, 3rd party support is almost non existent but it was like that with the N64 and (to a lesser extend) the Gamecube and they did just fine.

What has aggravated the Wii U's situation is the long drought between big releases. On the two last generations there was a slow but steady influx of Nintendo games but now that isn't the case. Of course, third party games would help pad the holes in the lineup but Nintendo has demonstrated that they can support a console all by themselves if they keep their shit together. Their problem is that they haven't been able to keep a consistent release schedule, how would going third party solve that? If anything that would exasperate it. :confused:

Last edited:
System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
Bring back Cartridge I say, use a plug and play SSD or something like that instead of CD/DVD/Blue ray, super fast loading then, just like the old days xD

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI x670e Tomahawk wifi
Cooling Artic Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill 32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 7900XTX 24 GB
Storage Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
Display(s) Alienware 3420DW 120 Freesync
Case LianLi Lancool III white non-rgb
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC
Power Supply Corsair Shift 1000W
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Benchmark Scores The second best!
Sadly, at the end of the day Nintendo will stay first party centric and lose more marketshare and gamers.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I always wondered why there was never a push to go USB stick given how cheap its gotten.
Because it is still more expensive than disks and for substantially less capacity too.

I'm wondering why they haven't abandoned disks entirely and gone with an internet/subscription-based model. Physical mediums are so 20th century.