• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Frederick S, do you still think NOIDpad gaming surface deserves a 10?

chowder

Hey all,

I'm new here. I did a search but couldn't find any updates/answers for this question. Sorry if I missed it.

So I'm on a hunt for a new mouse pad for FPS and my 3310 sensor-ed mice. When I filtered the review database on techpowerup front page it shows Frederick S giving the NOIDpad the highest rating. This was in 2006. I would like to know if you/he still thinks this is the case today?

If not what should I consider?

thanks!

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
This sort of thing could have been sent via our messaging system. Although I am sure if I tag @Frederik S he will now see this and may respond a bit faster.

chowder

This sort of thing could have been sent via our messaging system. Although I am sure if I tag @Frederik S he will now see this and may respond a bit faster.

Sorry, I looked for a pm option but didn't see it under his profile.... I just looked again and believe I figured it out. Your messaging system is a bit different than what I'm am used to on other forum. It won't happen again.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
no need to be sorry, I was just pointing out an easier way via the message or using the @ symbol and the user name to tag them to a post to try and help you in the future. Enjoy your time here at TPU :)

chowder

Very relevant IMHO and I've found techpowerup unique.

I've been scouring the web for pad reviews. Not just comparisons between a handful of pads. There really are not that many sites or people who have a lot of mouse pad reviews. This is one of the few sites I've found. Before I order an expensive pad from half way around the world, I'd like to find out if the man who gave it a 10 still believes the 10 is justified 9 years later. I'm going to have to figure out your pm system since he hasn't responded to this thread. I'm itching for a new pad and I can't hold off much longer. ;)

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
Doesn't mean to disrespect anyone, but I think rely on dedicated reviews for buying subjective kind of hardware isn't a good buying decision.

Personally, I think you'll be better off making a thread in a forum with lots of gaming hardware enthusiasts (sorry, but I think TPU isn't up to task, o**rcl*ck.net is a good start).
Just ask what's the best mousepad for your mouse, give it a little preference (cloth or hard, price, smooth or controlled friction), also give it a little taunting statement (i.e. "I think so far NOIDpad is the king of all mousepad, what do you think?").
Watch all the flocks bash, criticize and advise you, also starting a civil war between them.
From there you could filter a supposedly good one (maybe repeated entries or well endorsed from many) and hopefully someone has NOIDpad to compare.

It could be a mess but it's the best thing short of trying it yourself.

It is still a good mat, but probably not a 10. QPAD just released their new hybrid surfaces which was covered in the FX and UC review up on the site. The hybrid mat market is much more competitive now so it would probably score around 8 now, but they are still the only company (as far as I know) that offers custom designs on a per mat basis, which is unique.

For me the best hybrid mats right now is the CM Storm Power-RX or the QPAD FX-series.

Just got a new job so have not had time to go through the forums this week :p

I hope it answers the question.