• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic P614 BT: wireless is better!

FazzoMetal

Hi everybody! I'm opening this thread to talk about the new Arctic P614 BT Bluetooth headset. I've already tried the wired version of this headset, called P614, and now I'm focusing on this Bluetooth 4.0 + NFC version. The design is the same of the P614 and this product comes with the "Carbon Free" logo as all the latest Arctic products. Arctic is really pushing on its new design and on a sustainable economy.

The package is good looking and on the back you can read the headset features:

-20Hz - 20kHz frequency response
-sensitivity 105dB
-Neodymiun driver
-embedded microphone - sensitivity 42dB
-Li-Ion 850mAh rechargeable battery (about 30 hours of use)
-Bluetooth 4.0 Class 2 + NFC connectivity

On the headset there are a volume rocker and two other buttons to change song in your playlist. There's also a bi-color status LED and a MicroUSB connector for recharging the battery. This buttons are perfectly integrated and have no impact on the sleek design of the headset. Unfortunately there are no color options.

In the box there are the headphones (they're not to big, a bit smaller than other headphones from other brands), a little black bag to carry the P614 BT around and a USB-MicroUSB cable. A little card invites you to contact Arctic staff if you're not completely satisfied. The user manual shows how to connect the P614 BT with your laptop or you smartphone. I've hadn't any problem using this headset with my LG G3 and even with an old iPod Touch 3G that doesn't have the 4.0 Bluetooth connectivity. No problem with my Dell Laptop too. The bitrate is high enough to play even a FLAC file without any issue.

Following there are two photos which show the buttons (located on the left side of the headphone). They're really useful and they work with no problem even with third part applications such as Google Music and Spotify for Android. The volume rocker can also be pushed in order to pause the song you're listening to or to answer a call: it works fine for me but I would have preferred a slightly bigger one.

Talking about the frequency response I think it's really flat with a very good audio fidelity. The low frequency are well played but not overpowered as other popular brands headphones. The neodymium drivers sound clear and even at the maximum volume there's no distortion. I think that with a bit of equalizer this headphones are suitable of all kind of music and the very well reproduced stereo effect make this P614 BT good for whatching movies too. The isolation from environmental noise is quite impressive but there isn't an active noise cancellation.

The ergonomics is well engineered and I've been using the headphones to watch a two hours movie forgiving them.
The P614 BT is currently on sale on Amazon and you can buy this headset for only 42.99$ (free shipping).
For any question write me here or in PM :)

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Would be nice with a microphone! I would pick a set up if it did.