• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Audioengen D1 dac and A5+ on PC cant get sound.

Myxzoid

Hi guys,Needs some help cause im at a loss right now over this.

So i have this set up to my PC: I have the D1 set up to the A5+ and the D1 plugged into my tower via the USB cable for some reason i cant get sound.At first i had my sound card in. Asus Xonar DX set as default I still didnt have sound but the green bar would move up on down in the control panel while playing Youtube videos.And no green bar moving for the D1 in conrtol panel.But when i made the D1 default and disable the sound card i had no moving green bar at all and when i went to start a Youtube video with the D1 set it would play the video for 1 sec then stop and then get the popup the video was working.Refreshes and same thing work 1 sec then crash still now sound.But switch back to sound card as default green bar start moving and Youtube would work again but still no sound.

At this point i was out of ideas on what to do my buddy came over with his laptop i asked to try plugging in the USb cable from the D1 as soon as windows detected the D1 it had sound right away so i thought ok the sound card is conflicting with it.Took out the sound card and uninstalled the drivers and tried again.Fired up Youtube still no sound no moving green bar and Youtube would crash after 1 sec.

Myxzoid

Bit of an update.I have the speakers working using 3.5mm to RCA from sound card to the speakers but D1 and A5+ still not getting sound.Still looking for some ideas on trouble shooting the problem so any ideas would help.

Update # 2 Seems after updating my USB drivers it fixed the problem.

Last edited: