• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Witcher: Wild Hunt - 14 mins of gameplay

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6

This games graphic engine looks good.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Yeah, for some reason, what looks to be one of the most promising, enticing, fun, beautiful and spec-intensive PC games to date seems to be garnering little interest here. I reported about two months ago that CD Project Red would be offering 13 free DLC's to buyers, and got no response. There's no talk about it, not even a rumor thread. Weird, huh?

Thanks for the video! I for one am looking forward to it. I happily plunked my money down on GOG to pre-order it almost a year ago.

System Name Mroofie / Mroofie
Processor Inte Cpu i5 4460 3.2GHZ Turbo Boost 3.4
Motherboard Gigabyte B85M-HD3
Cooling Stock Cooling
Memory Apacer DDR3 1333mhz (4GB) / Adata DDR3 1600Mhz(8GB) CL11
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gtx 960 WF
Storage Seagate 1TB / Seagate 80GB / Seagate 1TB (another one)
Display(s) Philips LED 24 Inch 1080p 60Hz
Case Zalman T4
Audio Device(s) Meh
Power Supply Antec Truepower Classic 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Meh
Keyboard Meh
VR HMD Meh
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Meh
Yeah, for some reason, what looks to be one of the most promising, enticing, fun, beautiful and spec-intensive PC games to date seems to be garnering little interest here. I reported about two months ago that CD Project Red would be offering 13 free DLC's to buyers, and got no response. There's no talk about it, not even a rumor thread. Weird, huh?

Thanks for the video! I for one am looking forward to it. I happily plunked my money down on GOG to pre-order it almost a year ago.
What type of game is it ?
Is it like skyrim or what ? (in terms of story and gameplay)

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

Yeah, I've noticed the lack of talk about The Witcher 3 too. The Witcher 2 was a popular game. iirc I read something about a year ago that CD Projekt Red had sold around 6 million copies.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
What type of game is it ?
Is it like skyrim or what ?

Witcher 3 is an open-world RPG/Action game set in a fantasy world, in which you play as one of the few remaining witchers (monster-hunters with some magical abilities). The Witcher world has always had alot of content, excellent story writing, and good gameplay. Graphics have always been top-notch, with the Witcher 3 graphics expected to push the envelope.

CD Project Red is IMO, the best game studio out there. They refuse to release until a game is ready, and if it does have bugs, they fix promptly. Just an example, the first Witcher was a horrible bugfest that exterminators wouldn't go near. So they fixed it, called it the Enhanced edition, and released free to those who had the misfortune to buy it the first time. The Witcher 2 built upon the first, and also showed te company to be gamer-friendly by promptly releasing a patch to deactivate the DRM. Witcher 3 will have no DRM. The company owns GOG.com, which is all DRM-free. Yeah, I am actually a fan of theirs! :D

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I only played the first Witcher, but from what I remember it was a very different take on monster hunting. Sorta a eastern European/slavic mythology feel to it. Very fun indeed though, I should probably play the second one (I have it on my todo list) and look into this as well.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
I only played the first Witcher, but from what I remember it was a very different take on monster hunting. Sorta a eastern European/slavic mythology feel to it. Very fun indeed though, I should probably play the second one (I have it on my todo list) and look into this as well.

You have it correct. The company is Polish, and the games are based on a (series) of books and short stories. Thus the Eastern European fantasy feel.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Ah, that would make sense.

Years ago I did an actual "independent study contract" (my college's version of make up your own course, essentially) where I played several video games from the eastern field of influence. I played several titles from 1C interactive, the STALKER series, and a weird game that took place in an abandoned Russian Ice Breaker filled with zombies called Cryostasis (not really going to recommend that one BTW). Not all these games were excellent, but some were, and one thing is consistent: They often take unique approaches and risks their western counterparts would never dream of, and it can either be amazing or a complete flop depending on the context.

Cryostasis's plot for example, was based entirely on an incredibly dark childrens poem... lol. Kinda twisted the game a little too much for me. Though having Chronos the god of time jumping out the ship at the end was pretty epic (albeit completely random).

Ah. someone screenshotted good ol' Chronos. Here he is for reference:

yeah, getting back on topic, I probably played the Witcher during that time period of my life. Was like the most epic report I ever made, but it's also no wonder my college education seems worthless now being a liberal arts major lol.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Ah, that would make sense.

Years ago I did an actual "independent study contract" (my college's version of make up your own course, essentially) where I played several video games from the eastern field of influence. I played several titles from 1C interactive, the STALKER series, and a weird game that took place in an abandoned Russian Ice Breaker filled with zombies called Cryostasis (not really going to recommend that one BTW). Not all these games were excellent, but some were, and one thing is consistent: They often take unique approaches and risks their western counterparts would never dream of, and it can either be amazing or a complete flop depending on the context.

Cryostasis's plot for example, was based entirely on an incredibly dark childrens poem... lol. Kinda twisted the game a little too much for me. Though having Cronos the god of time jumping out the ship at the end was pretty epic (albeit completely random).

yeah, getting back on topic, I probably played the Witcher during that time period of my life. Was like the most epic report I ever made, but it's also no wonder my college education seems worthless now being a liberal arts major lol.

That's a great post! I wish the game world was more advanced when I went through. Closest I got to that kind of class was a short story class for my English minor, which consisted of writing a slew of short stories. I have to admit, I am a sucker for most of the Eastern European studios and their games. I am always willing to try. I quite liked Cryostasis btw, as well as Afterfall: Insanity (another Polish hidden gem). Back on topic!

Witcher 3 was first supposed to be out before the end of 2014, then it was pushed to February 2015, and now it's scheduled for May because they want to do quality control. All of this is ok with me! Without a publishing studio breathing down their necks, it gives them the chance to put out a game just as all game studios wish they could: polished!

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Yeah, it's good to see a studio trying not to rush release dates. That's something that we've lost it seems in most publisher-driven releases.

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead